The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Hroth said:

You would have thought the fuel dump would have been performed in front of the drone if the intention was to incapacitate the drones engine.

The quote on Sky News said the fuel dump was to blind the drones sensors.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, polybear said:

Putin's spokesman:  "It wasn't us, we didn't do it.  This footage has been manufactured by the criminals of the USA and their minions to show the peace loving nation of Russia in a bad light and proves that the West is trying to provoke a conflict.  Honest Guv. "

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 14

13 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The quote on Sky News said the fuel dump was to blind the drones sensors.

Does the Reaper have sensors hanging off its tail?  I'm surprised they don't get in the way of that pusher prop...

• Like 10

3 hours ago, polybear said:

Let's see now.....

BB prep time:  a couple of minutes should do it.

Cooking Time: 1m 30s.

(Bear's just mentioning that on behalf of a friend......🤣)

Well, you’d certainly be an inexpensive houseguest: 1 kg tin of industrial baked beans, a couple of frozen pizzas, a loaf of sliced white, 6 eggs and a packet of streaky bacon and that’s mealtimes sorted for the weekend. Cheaper even than our “hairy houseguest” Jordi (who we used to dog-sit. Jordi liked his steak he did).

In a way, it would be most relaxing catering for The Bear, as I would not to have to live up to the high expectations that my regular guests have of my cooking.

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

A dull damp morning with rain on and off.

Yesterday was dull but not damp.  I had to go shopping so checked that the roadworks had finished - the "one.network" site which has the local roadworks on it said there was nothing on the main road.  Needless to say there was and the turn into Aldi was half way along the light controlled section, so getting back out was quite interesting.

After that I went down to the estuary and had a walk along the river bank, there weren't very many birds as it was near high tide but I did see a currlew which was keeping about 20 yards in front of me by the water as I walked along the path above it.

On the way home I called at Lidl as I go right past the car park and bought a few other odds and ends.  The online orders I do each week work well, but now and then I need to go into real shops for things.

Back at home I checked the loft, there is no more important model making stuff up ther so I can take a break before moving to the next stage of the clear out.  Then I was sorting photos until tea time, followed by reading and music all evening which was very relaxing.

David

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Well, you’d certainly be an inexpensive houseguest: 1 kg tin of industrial baked beans, a couple of frozen pizzas, a loaf of sliced white, 6 eggs and a packet of streaky bacon and that’s mealtimes sorted for the weekend.

In a way, it would be most relaxing catering for The Bear, as I would not to have to live up to the high expectations that my regular guests have of my cooking.

Think again, Bucko.  You've forgotten the Cake...........

Oh yes, and make that back bacon (smoked)....

37 minutes ago, BR traction instructor said:

Would anyone like a spare 83 year old as a pseudo father figure?

Nottalot;  Bear already has one (last seen/heard from in 1976**) - unless the B'STERD (note the deliberate use of capitals...other far more suitable Adjectives are available but would at best get a certain Bear suspended.....) is dead and Bruvver Bear & SWMBO (last seen/spoken to in 2011 - his choice, not mine) have neglected to mention it (quite possible) in a Chrimbo or Birthday Card (which are I'm sure sent by his SWMBO).  

**Apart from a "Sympathy" Card from the 'Sterd & Li-Lo Lil when Momma Bear died in 2010 - I hit the effin' roof that Bruvver Bear had even told them.  Caused a big bust-up, that did.

Looks like this could be a Rant Day.....

• Friendly/supportive 18

17 minutes ago, polybear said:

Think again, Bucko.  You've forgotten the Cake...........

Oh yes, and make that back bacon (smoked)....

(a) Schloss iD is a cake and smoke-free healthy environment

(b) You can't get back bacon in Switzerland (different butchering traditions) - so it's either streaky or nuffink....

• Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Schloss iD is a cake and smoke-free healthy environment

My nephew and his Austrian partner live and work in Zurich. Fortunately Magda had managed to keep up her afternoon cake and coffee tradition in Switzerland. She does get teased about cakes, including a photo sent to us from the hotel in Mussorrie (Indian “hill station”) where the recent family wedding took place, with the caption “Magda checks out the breakfast pastries”. Actually the breakfast facilities and the hotel generally looked just like one we had stayed in next to Lake Como. Same hotel chain so not too surprising. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon, lawns aka weed patches ironed and clothes mowed. THe Who, 1 side, The Stones 2 sides and 1 side-on Beatles LP helped the process along.  Now coffee and cake time.  

Jamie

• Like 18
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Oh yes, and Bear's had an ear lowering session; it was scheduled for this afternoon but after a very early return from T & C's I changed it to a late morning Buzz Cut session.  The Barber couldn't remember if Bear had a No. 3 or No. 4 - and nor could Bear, so I guessed at 3.  I guessed wrong - I'll not need a return visit for a while.....

Good Heavens Bear, you must be standing on your locks.  I usually have a 0.5!  😁

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 3
  • Funny 13