The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, polybear said:

WTF??

"He was convicted of rape earlier this month however, due to new sentencing guidelines for under 25s, he was not jailed and instead given 270 hours of unpaid work."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65298929

The SNP at their finest at work, you can vote at 16 have a sex change if you want want one, but under 25 you are not responsible for criminal actions.

• Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

8 hours ago, PhilH said:

hopefully today is the great watershed, as in the start of stomping season. We shall see ...

Hope you can get out there. I completed my daily stomp before the forecast rain arrived today.

I am looking forward to more consistently Spring-like* weather rather than the overwhelmingly cool and cloudy, dreary weather we have mostly seen this year.

* Which here can be highly variable with hail and rain showers but are usually followed by what are (a bit euphemistically) called "sun breaks" of bright sunshine and warming temperatures.

The current forecast looks like this: (temps in °F): 

image.png.60bb281f543d35c2d5674cfcb18762c7.png

62°F (17°C) is about 'normal' for this time of year.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Gotta admit the RailAdventure livery fits pretty much all stock rather well!

It‘s also funny that the 43s are marked with D-RADVE. I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing them around here now and then!

(RailAdventure did present two of them during a publicity tour through Germany a while ago, I should add.)

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Evening all from Estuary-Land. Spent too long on eyelid inspection this afternoon but despite that I can't stop yawning. Just had dinner, the other half of the toad in the hole that I had Saturday with some green beans. Now to catch up with the rest of RMweb.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

@jamie92208 Yes that is certainly a Triumph (splayed pipes) so is likely the Bonneville.

@PupCam The Norton is apparently a '29 Model 20 twin port single.  I couldn't quite decide if it was a twin or a single but wiser heads over on RealClassic FB tell me what it is.  The thing at the front is a home made magneto cover apparently.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

@PupCam The Norton is apparently a '29 Model 20 twin port single.  I couldn't quite decide if it was a twin or a single but wiser heads over on RealClassic FB tell me what it is.  The thing at the front is a home made magneto cover apparently.

Certainly looks home made and, if I'm honest, not really in keeping.  The rest of it looks really nice though, can you send it round?

• Like 3
  • Funny 9

11 hours ago, polybear said:

WTF??

"He was convicted of rape earlier this month however, due to new sentencing guidelines for under 25s, he was not jailed and instead given 270 hours of unpaid work."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65298929

WTF indeed.

I don’t think anyone would be upset if something terminally unpleasant happened to that individual (apart from the usual hand-wringers)

• Agree 14
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, iL Dottore said:

WTF indeed.

I don’t think anyone would be upset if something terminally unpleasant happened to that individual (apart from the usual hand-wringers)

Bear was amazed to see that these things are currently still legal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65303502

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

19 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Were you aware that STD is a common medical abbreviation for Sexually Transmitted Disease.

Well understood, though for some reason, I see the term STI ("I" for infections) more commonly these days. 

Presumably since treatments exist for the bacteriological classes of these infections, they result in serious disease less frequently.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

29 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear was amazed to see that these things are currently still legal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65303502

Unlike here -

knife.jpg.8382487d99044bef7dd35201a40606fc.jpg

We can't have bludy big guns, we  can't have bludy big knives, yet the 'wildlife' is allowed to  wander around with impunity,  poisonous as anything,  just laughing at our helplessness and taunting us, going "haha we are protected!"

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 11
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Cricket meeting attended.. bit more revision to do on the Laws and match regulations before Saturday.

Her indoors was out playing in a recorder group last night. Meant I got on fixing more items which run on parallel bits of nickel silver. Great! Just need to get them back in the stock boxes in the loft. Deep Frabjoy!

If it stays dry I can get the grass mown today. It was sunny yesterday but stayed chilly until late afternoon.  Hopefully will get a bit warmer soon.

@monkeysarefun even if you had a bludy great gun or knife you can't kill nasty biting objects in Oz, you have to remove them.. some of your laws are.. weird. It can kill you.. you can't kill it? Yer wot??

Time to drink my tea and.. geronwithit. 

Baz

• Like 16

I think that what we are seeing in the body politic in many Western countries is a total disconnect between those who propose and legislate and the consequences of their legislation and decisions.

To illustrate: let’s say we have the Monster Raving Loony Party in power (a good a choice as any) and upon the urging of their Minister for Cake  - a well placed and wealthy individual - they decide to ban ALL commercial cakes that contain antioxidants and stabilisers (which would mean >90% of all cake production). The result is that humble @polybears and the like who are either unwilling or unable to fork out ££££ for artisanal cake end up cake-less, whilst the Minister, who can afford the ££££ to hire a Great British Bake Off winner to make cake from fresh all natural ingredients every day, notices no change in his cake situation. (and in the above you could change “Minister” to “Newspaper Opinion Columnist”  or “TV Pundit” and the scenario would alter little).

• Like 17

56 minutes ago, Barry O said:

s

@monkeysarefun even if you had a bludy great gun or knife you can't kill nasty biting objects in Oz, you have to remove them.. some of your laws are.. weird. It can kill you.. you can't kill it? Yer wot??

Or Contrare or however you say it, often not killing things is not only not Un-Australian, but also often helps you to not  get killed too.

Take for instance the following scenario. Bloke under his ute in the back of beyond  untangling a bit of wire when his dogs as a joke chase a Tiger snake ("world's 5th most venomous snake!") Up the leg of his pants.

Now, if he lived in a country where guns were  protected  but the wildlife wasn't  he'd simply  whip out his "Eaglehawk .357 Tactical Taskmaster" or some such nonsense, blow away  the snake and by doing so also blow off most of his leg,  and thus die slowly out in the Middle of nowhere and his dogs would chew on his remains.

But, because the snake is protected he has to be more imaginative, and as a result gets to live on for another day, as does the snake, and as a bonus provides material for countless trouser snake jokes.

A warning, he speaks graphic Australian..

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 10

8 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Or Contrare or however you say it, often not killing things is not only not Un-Australian, but also often helps you to not  get killed too.

Take for instance the following scenario. Bloke under his ute in the back of beyond  untangling a bit of wire when his dogs as a joke chase a Tiger snake ("world's 5th most venomous snake!") Up the leg of his pants.

Now, if he lived in a country where guns were  protected  but the wildlife wasn't  he'd simply  whip out his "Eaglehawk .357 Tactical Taskmaster" or some such nonsense, blow away  the snake and by doing so also blow off most of his leg,  and thus die slowly out in the Middle of nowhere.

But, because the snake is protected he has to be more imaginative, and as a result gets to live on for another day, as does the snake, and as a bonus provides material for countless trouser snake jokes.

A warning, he speaks graphic Australian..

Perhaps when laying down whilst fixing the ute it should be law in Australia to wear skinny fit jeans and not boot cut jeans? 

Just love his reaction….

Edited by Grizz
  • Like 13