The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sheeps lungs, their danglie bits, and other rather vomit inducing leftovers mixed with  bit of cereal..................................I give you the world famous Haggis........or add a bit of spice and call it Faggots............top that..................................

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

In England’s northwest corner, it’s sunny too. So the plan for today is to get the installation of the sump pump pipe work finished. Once that’s done, I can modify the manhole cover to fit round the outflow pipe and also drill some holes in to let the water in! Right, that’s my day sorted, back later.

Brian. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Don’t give certain ERs ideas:

> Roast Beef Fondue?

In the 70s we used to do quite a few fondue dinner parties, mainly meat ones. The fondue pot was filled with hot cooking oil and each guest given a bowl with chunks of raw steak in it. The pieces of steak were speared on the fondue fork and placed in the oil until cooked to individual taste. There were side dishes of different dips and salads as well as garlic and herb breads.

Dave  

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

8 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Sheeps lungs, their danglie bits, and other rather vomit inducing leftovers mixed with  bit of cereal..................................I give you the world famous Haggis........or add a bit of spice and call it Faggots............top that..................................

Haggis?

Utterly delicious (especially with tatties and neeps with a whisky cream sauce - something Mrs iD loves [and she’s a notoriously fussy eater]).

Haggis?
Fry it up, add some Lorne Sausage, a Tattie Scone or two to the sausages, eggs, black pudding, mushrooms (and tomatoes and baked beans if you have to [though I don’t recall seeing baked beans at breakfast the last time I was in Edinburgh]) and you have a “Full Scottish”. Wheesh, that’s a bonnie breakfast for yer.

You’re not going to get many ships built on the  Clyde on a Weetabix breakfast, I can tell you. Weetabix, croissants and jam may be enough to keep a sassenach powered up, but it’s nae a real man’s breakfast, is it Laddie?

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

7 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

In the 70s we used to do quite a few fondue dinner parties, mainly meat ones. The fondue pot was filled with hot cooking oil and each guest given a bowl with chunks of raw steak in it. The pieces of steak were speared on the fondue fork and placed in the oil until cooked to individual taste. There were side dishes of different dips and salads as well as garlic and herb breads.

Dave  

That’s Fondue Bourguinonne - often done in Switzerland, although Fondue Chinoise seems to be very popular.

There’s also a chocolate fondue using either fruit or cake to dip in the chocolate….

4 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

I've heard about those sort of parties, you didn't have Pampas grass in your front garden did ya.................................................................

And did the gents throw their car keys into a big bowl for the ladies to choose one at random?

And did the coffee table sport copies of Playboy, Xaviera Hollander’s autobiography as well as copies of The Joy of Sex and Desmond Morris’s The Naked Ape?

In the 70s we may have had to put up with bathroom suites in avocado, orange sh@gpile carpet and polyester flares, but we had great music and knew how to have fun! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 8

49 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Haggis?

Utterly delicious (especially with tatties and neeps with a whisky cream sauce - something Mrs iD loves [and she’s a notoriously fussy eater]).

Haggis?
Fry it up, add some Lorne Sausage, a Tattie Scone or two to the sausages, eggs, black pudding, mushrooms (and tomatoes and baked beans if you have to [though I don’t recall seeing baked beans at breakfast the last time I was in Edinburgh]) and you have a “Full Scottish”. Wheesh, that’s a bonnie breakfast for yer.

You’re not going to get many ships built on the  Clyde on a Weetabix breakfast, I can tell you. Weetabix, croissants and jam may be enough to keep a sassenach powered up, but it’s nae a real man’s breakfast, is it Laddie?

Try a "Glasgae" next time complete with clootie dumplin'

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

... You’re not going to get many ships built on the  Clyde on a Weetabix breakfast, I can tell you. Weetabix, croissants and jam may be enough to keep a sassenach powered up, but it’s nae a real man’s breakfast, is it Laddie?

I tried having weetabix for breakfasts for a while, adding some sultanas for 'excitement'. But I used to 'hit the wall' (as athletes say) around mid morning and because it wasn't easy or convenient to have anything for elevenses, late morning performance suffered, so I stopped. I've never been very keen on cornflakes and suchlike (for any meals) but will occasionally have porridge. Some say Yorkshiremen are allegedly distantly related to sassenachs. 

5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

... Here’s a challenge for all of you ERs: what is the most appalling example of Euro-Euro “fusion” dishes you can come up with, can imagine or have experienced?

My starter for 10: Marmite Risotto 

Borscht Chicken Tikka Masala.

Yorkshire Pudding omelette.  

Spaghetti Black Forest Gateaux.

Pate on treacle tart.

I'm now off to decide what to have for lunch... it's safe to say it won't be any of the above. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

What the eye don't see....

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

I've got it, a haggis pizza!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Sorry you been beaten to it at one time Tesco's sold them ..

However if you want one.

https://cosmospizzas.com/our-pizzas/haggis-pizza/

Or 

Diy

https://thescottishbutcher.com/recipes/haggis-pizza-from-scratch/

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. My head hit the pillow about one this morning and I didn't wake until seven. A bit of stiffness in the joints this morning but that soon passed but the hay fever is bad this morning.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Following on the grand tradition of us claiming NZ stuff like Russell Crowe and PharLap as Australian  - chocolate coated ethically-farmed  Tarantulas -

Untitled.png.e0dd7e31d9b985144dd604a443bf6c80.png

This is heating up....keep cool, keep cool, compose yourself! OK, I admit it, you win, personally I think NZ should be paying Australia for their generosity in talking the blame for their madness.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Deep fried if you get one in Arbroath, even the Smokies are now deep fried in batter, they do a thing called a "mock chop", when I asked what one was the answer was just "you wouldn't like it"!!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Exhausted. Looking around houses I would struggle to afford half of is hard work.....two more to take them to tomorrow too, and then we're done.  Today resulted in the male half of the relationship liking one house, and the female another...why does this not surprise me. #sigh#

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl 

Dado rails cut to size,

Dado and skirting painted purple

Top half of new cladding painted white,

Ben taken for long walk, humidity rating .. evil..

Can of doom bar consumed ,

bottom half of cladding painted light coffee brown.

Adjusted loom back bar/ roller position.

bottom half of cladding painted light coffee brown,

SWMBO attempting to fit the permanent strings on loom.

SWMBO wishes to have a flying shuttle fitted ( inventor John Kay 1733), a kit costs $818 + import duties , I guess I'll be making it then..

Whilst the basic idea of a flying shuttle is easy, there are numerous ways of implementing the idea, more research needed.

• Like 18

HUMP day...

Yesterday an excellent dinner/visit with friends, and we even managed drinks and appetizers on the patio as the air quality was "acceptable".

Very enjoyable pulled-pork made by the Mrs, she took a bow.

Today, air quality is carp and it's expected to be HOT, Mrs out for a walk/lunch with book club friends.

18c and sunny/unhealthy air quality first thing, high of 32c expected.

Carry on.

• Friendly/supportive 18

32 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Exhausted. Looking around houses I would struggle to afford half of is hard work.....two more to take them to tomorrow too, and then we're done.  Today resulted in the male half of the relationship liking one house, and the female another...why does this not surprise me. #sigh#

I wouldn't be looking at houses I would struggle to afford whilst interest rates are pointing towards the sky.

But maybe some of them might soon find their prices pointing downwards and be less of a struggle - or simply take a punt with a low offer.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8