The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... Got it to write a haiku on the subject of Waves. It did. This is it.

Turbulent forces,
Crashing upon rocky shores,
Waves of wild desire.

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2023/07/19/covid-data-up-again-more-sharply-interviews-panels-and-chat-gpt/

Found both the Covid graphs and the 'Chat' results interesting and obviously concerning because of,as you state, 'future' fake news. 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

In other news, no  nephews today as Sil is now ill together with younger nephew so she’s off work and suggesting we swap today duties to tomorrows. Sorry non starter, we’re off to see Mum, it’s 19 years today  since Dad died  and as sister if away Mum needs some company. They can sort their own lives out.

(that is a rant)

So both SiL & Nephew have the lurgy - and she wants to risk spreading it to you and SWMBO?

That's good of her.

Rant away.

• Like 3
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday @Barry O  whichever way up you like it.

Up in the far north, about 5am this morning local time, an early riser has a bit of a flare up...

(shortcut to 40secs if you don't want to wait ;)

For more...watch live...

Supper time and bed.

' night all, nos da, and góða nótt.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Well what a day this has been. Firstly no rain which was very nice. What wasn't so nice was the temperature. Initially quite pleasant but later on it turned chilly. Not enough to be unpleasant but enough for you to notice. Secondly got the grass cut. Yippee or as Bear would say medium sized tick. Mind you was a bit knackered afterwards. Probably had something to do with the Austrian ski instructor - Benz thez knees. Getting old doesn't help either.

Anyway only one more lot of cutting to do and that's it for the week. Shopping tomorrow. None of this Waitrose or Sainsbury's just Aldi. Wish me luck and I'll see you on the other side.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

We’ve had a great day at Tatton flower show, the sun shine for most of the day, the rest was cloudy, but it wasn’t hot. We spent loads a dosh and I’m going to be busy tomorrow planting out our latest purchases. I’m bucking follocksed! 

Happy birthday Baz. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A belated happy birthday to Baz!

Bucketing down here, on the MRT going to work and I can barely see the apartment blocks adjacent to the line. Been a very wet week, been raining almost all day every day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

To show ones age, one would search using Archie or Veronica

Not necessarily.

Many GenZers are fond of the television show Riverdale* - Archie and the gang all "moderned" up. Filmed in BC, and (though I've not seen either) I'm given to believe it is not nearly as raunchy as a show like Euphoria but as I understand it is much more so than the comics.

* Rated TV-14 for sex, violence and alcohol

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

5 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Turbulent forces,
Crashing upon rocky shores,
Waves of wild desire.

Enjoy your holiday John - you've earned it. Hope the new caravan works out well in the towing, set up and inhabiting thereof.

• Like 3
  • Agree 12

4 hours ago, southern42 said:

Up in the far north, about 5am this morning local time, an early riser has a bit of a flare up...

"TOTAL COLLAPSE OF" seems a bit over the top for a cinder cone around a fissure.

The total collapse of major volcanoes results in something that eventually looks like this:

image.png.bf4eeaa1c03935b7acdd5c1da297c7c7.png

(From Wikipedia)

Before it got that pretty there was a lot of the former Mt. Mazama* flying in the air.

* A retronym, though there are indigenous American stories about the event.

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

I just looked at a box of stuff that I saved from work.  There were little templates for WordPerfect and Lotus 123 that won't work because the F keys are no longer in a little block. Books on WP. Microsoft Basic -- anyone know how to start that in Windows 10?

Lots of floppies that I don't have a drive for.

I learned Fortran on 4 different systems for work (Univac 1108, IBM 360, DEC VAX, and PC). Plus a couple of versions that the university wrote. The DEC version was the most versatile.

Two of the guys were out sailing boats on the big pond here this afternoon.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

image.png.bf4eeaa1c03935b7acdd5c1da297c7c7.png

(From Wikipedia)

Before it got that pretty there was a lot of the former Mt. Mazama* flying in the air.

… and landing over large areas of what’s now the northwestern US, western Canada, the Prairies and as far northeast as Greenland.

The ash layer is a geological marker, at least in western Canada.

Edited by pH
  • Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 6