The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Near the end he refused to see people as he found his condition too embarrassing,

Hopefully the attention brought to the disease by actor Michael J. Fox will help 'normalize' the experience for those diagnosed with it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

42 minutes ago, Flanged Wheel said:

Pleased to report that it was all a damp squib in our area (and I think more widely).

Glad to hear it - there were three reported swift water rescues in Palm Springs. 

The north end of the LA basin got hit hard, including areas like Palmdale. It seems highly localized.

Local TV KTLA reports totals here. Leona Valley* (north of LA in the high desert) and close to Palmdale got >6".

* More than 100 miles roughly WNW of Yucca Valley, assuming you are on the north side of Joshua Tree NP.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 18

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Like the land of Sutt it is grey and dreary here but expected to be nice later.

Same here. Very quiet though. Only noise (now the radio alarm has turned itself off) is a pigeon cooing. We may get a few couriers arriving later today, nothing exciting. 
Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I slept about six hours last night, not bad but I feel another hour or two wouldn't go amiss. The high atmospheric pressure has also set the arthritis off so pills have been taken.The seaweed wranglers have predicted sunshine and temps up to 26 today, at the moment it's cloudy and 17C, down from 18C earlier.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning, just from a rather warm Charente.   It is likely to be up in the mid 30's this afternoon.  A good day was head yesterday at the snail eating  festival.  550 of us were served 32 each and they were delicious as the second course in a much bigger meal.   All for 22 Euros.   It took about 6 hours and we were the only Anglais there.  Then the football was watched after which we turned our phones and tablets back on.  

This morning it was a trip to see the Dr for my 3 monthly prescription.   No problems there.   However a molar started causing me grief yesterday.  Paracetamol calmed it down and it is bearable today.  However our Dentist is on holiday till September 4th.  I mentioned this to the Dr and she has given me a prescription .  Now off to do a few minor tasks then not a lot this afternoon.   I believe there is freshly made courgette soup for lunch.   The courgettes have done brilliantly this year.

Jamie

32 snails seems like rather a lot to me. Are they a smaller breed than is usually served? Usually get 6 or 12 when served as a starter, and that's quite enough for me.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

The courgettes have done brilliantly this year.

This year was the first year in what seems like forever that we didn’t plant courgettes as we knew we would be away quite a lot in France and then on the Mediterranean cruise. There must be some from last year lurking in the freezer, probably  in disguise as ratatouille or bharta. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

One would be too many for me. 

Agree on that though I did like winkles as a kid - or does that not count?

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6