The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Today will require a degree of bravery from A Certain Bear - I hope I get a Lolly......

A dose of danglin' will also be required as the first coat of paint on the fascia board is planned - and maybe the second as well if I get my littlefurryarse into gear.

In between times there will be a distinct spell of MIUABGA - which may well involve Bear thinking about a certain special order issued to me recently by a certain Sqn. Ldr. no less; I had a distinct impression that failure to comply within tight timescales may involve A Certain Bear being strapped to a P.O. Wing Pylon and receiving a ride thru' the Mach Loop.

Since Bear reckons that anyone prepared to do this whilst even remotely conscious must need urgent "help" of the Medical variety then I s'pose I'd better not fail...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-66776424

Bear gone.

• Like 15
  • Funny 2

11 minutes ago, DaveF said:

A lovely sunny morning, 7C when I got up.  The usual jobs are done and I am now staying at home all day to keep an eye on the work.  Steve and 2 others are now trimming shrubs, moving gravel and so on.  I have been told I am not needed, they will shout if there is a problem!  I have to admit I always find it hard not to watch other people working!

I'll probably just get on with sorting out photos and other odds and ends all day.  In theory it ought to be quite relaxing but I know it won't be.  I do have some regrets that I can no longer do all these jobs by myself, but I have to learn to be sensible so I do not do myself an injury.

That's about it so far.  As long as it stays dry - which is the forecast.

David

Being able to recognise that there are just some jobs for whatever reason - age, mobility, knowledge or time, is a skill that takes some learning and is not something you should be ashamed of. It's the 'idiots'-other terms are available, that don't accept it, that make life difficult for the rest of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against learning new skills etc,just about coming to terms with the fact that everyone has limitations.

• Like 9
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Alternatively get up close and personal with a horse for your chance to get Hendra Virus, transferable from fruit bats to humans via horses - though  in comparison this  has  a mortality rate of only 70%.

It will be getting banished from Australia as not fit for purpose!

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

10 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....

Today will require a degree of bravery from A Certain Bear - I hope I get a Lolly......

A dose of danglin' will also be required as the first coat of paint on the fascia board is planned - and maybe the second as well if I get my littlefurryarse into gear.

In between times there will be a distinct spell of MIUABGA - which may well involve Bear thinking about a certain special order issued to me recently by a certain Sqn. Ldr. no less; I had a distinct impression that failure to comply within tight timescales may involve A Certain Bear being strapped to a P.O. Wing Pylon and receiving a ride thru' the Mach Loop.

Since Bear reckons that anyone prepared to do this whilst even remotely conscious must need urgent "help" of the Medical variety then I s'pose I'd better not fail...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-66776424

Bear gone.

I thought when I initially read this my dear Bear you were refering to you doing the mach loop thingy. On rereading it though though I see it is about some idiots not getting out enough in London.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

To experience a wide range of mosquito borne viruses in Australia you can go to the southern states for the chance to catch   Murray Valley encephalitis, Japanese encephalitis or Kunjin virus,  up to the tropical parts for all your  Ross River Virus or Dengue virus requirements.. 

Those of a more adventurous nature can hang out with fruit bats/flying foxes.  7% of which carry the Australian Bat Lyssavirus, which so far has killed every un-immunised  person who has been bitten by one.  Alternatively get up close and personal with a horse for your chance to get Hendra Virus, transferable from fruit bats to humans via horses - though  in comparison this  has  a mortality rate of only 70%.

You're Mick Dundee and I claim my £5....................................

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We have sunshine and blues skies here in England’s northwest corner, so with a bit of luck, I’ll get some paint on the workshop door and windows today. 

Right, where’s me paint brush?

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 18

2 hours ago, polybear said:

2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

To experience a wide range of mosquito borne viruses in Australia you can go to the southern states for the chance to catch   Murray Valley encephalitis, Japanese encephalitis or Kunjin virus,  up to the tropical parts for all your  Ross River Virus or Dengue virus requirements.. 

Those of a more adventurous nature can hang out with fruit bats/flying foxes.  7% of which carry the Australian Bat Lyssavirus, which so far has killed every un-immunised  person who has been bitten by one.  Alternatively get up close and personal with a horse for your chance to get Hendra Virus, transferable from fruit bats to humans via horses - though  in comparison this  has  a mortality rate of only 70%.

Expand  

"Only?"  Well, that's ok then.....

Jeez, what is it with you lot - death wish? 

Aren't the Snakes/Spiders/Crocs/Sharks/Jellyfish/Stonefish/Plants enough??  Now you have to throw in diddly little invisible buggy virus thingies into the game for a bit of added excitement.

Clearly not enough, Mr Bear. That's why Australia imported the Cane Toad.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Do you mean that you haven’t started yet Bear?

😡

Vee haff vays off makink Bears obey!

🕷️🐍🦂🦑

Dave

Do you want to take a crack at him first, or shall I?

Don't forget "leave the upper limbs and hands intact so he can use them for modelling when he comes to his senses"*

Captain Cynical

* in more ways than one

• Agree 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, PupCam said:

which I may be inspecting a machine that goes "Ring Ting Ting Ting Ting" whilst issuing forth blue smoke.

Unfortunately mine was a sound  decoder…

Edited by Tony_S
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Suffering from a serious case of slow:

Slow to have breakfast.

Slow to drink coffee.

Slow to wield the Shark (Having been asked a little while ago if I could "possibly do something to help.")

Slow to gettamoveon. (This could be crime of the century)

Slow to drink coffee again.  

I think you qualify for membership of the 'slow movement: club.

• Like 10
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear won't:

• Do Roofing (Bear's have an in-built height limiter - which kicks in at gutter height).**
  • Plastering (black magic)
  • Gas work (naughty)
  • New Carpet laying - though I probably could; a decent carpet fitter isn't expensive so why bother?
  • Granite Worktop Installation (they're tooooo bluddy expensive - and heavy to get wrong).
  • Big Tiling jobs - a decent tiler isn't wasn't expensive so why bother?

You didnt mention funnel web spider milking so I guess all thats stopping you is finding a tiny little milking stool to use?

• Like 4
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, PupCam said:

☹️🙁

That goes "Ring Ting Ting Ting Ting" whilst issuing forth blue smoke.

TTFN

In the news today the Vatican have announced that when a new Pontiff is chosen it will be indicated by a Ring Ting Ting Ting Ting and the issuing forth of blue smoke.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

In the news today the Vatican have announced that when a new Pontiff is chosen it will be indicated by a Ring Ting Ting Ting Ting and the issuing forth of blue smoke.

Accompanied by the smell of Castrol R.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Do you want to take a crack at him first, or shall I?

Don't forget "leave the upper limbs and hands intact so he can use them for modelling when he comes to his senses"*

Captain Cynical

* in more ways than one

Drone programmed to attack lower limbs only. Timer set to activate in the absence of recall code, which will be sent when and if evidence of Polymodelling is received.

Dave

Note for general readers:

The Bear was persuaded last Saturday to undertake some r*****y m*******g instead of trying to turn Bear Towers into a stately home and has promised to do so. 

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 15
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PupCam said:

Mugocoffee is being slurped after which I may be inspecting a machine that goes "Ring Ting Ting Ting Ting" whilst issuing forth blue smoke.

Whoops.      Cancel that order for the full fleet of Deltics ........

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3