RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Out early today as jabs booked for this morning - flu and covid at same appointment, Not looking forward to it.

I'd send cake - but I haven't got any.  Have I mentioned that?

2 minutes ago, BoD said:

The Ordnance Survey have updated their maps already

IMG_0359.png.17daa19ba9913f5a566618f4cb9e2292.png

In 2001 Ordnance Survey took the AA to court for copying their maps without permission - and had been doing so since 1990.  OS put unique "fingerprints" in their maps so they can spot if they have been copied.

The AA paid OS £20M damages in an out of court settlement.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Foir me, apart from 48 hours of knowing where the jabs had been, especially when I knocked them, nothing.

First covid jab I was fine, second had about 4 ours of intense flu like symptoms, then a couple of days feeling blahhhhh!

I have a doubler booked for the 16th of next month, always a laugh! 🙄

Edited by Tim Dubya
pasty
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

1 hour ago, BoD said:

There are lots of words I could use to describe those responsible but I won’t for fear of upsetting the mods.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66947040

To say that I am gutted is a huge understatement.  I’m sure that @DaveF and many, many others will feel the same way.

Like @DaveF I considered a number of ways to describe the idiots that would be impolite to repeat here. I also thought of many ways to inflict retribution upon the b@stards if they were ever caught and settled upon taking their chainsaw across their knees as suitable punishment.

I "did" Hadrians wall on a holiday some years ago.  At least I've got some good snaps of The Sycamore Gap to remind me of it.  I'd put one up, but I can't find them on this PC...

Edited by Hroth
A little more...
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

House moves: we moved to Singapore and then back to the same house 15 months later when I was a kid. Then I went to Uni and moved once each year and then I moved to Northampton, moving again after a year.

Since then I have move twice, once to Sidcup, and then once within Sidcup. 

But of those moves, only the last three have been full house moves (for me - the Singapore ones involved a lot of stuff but I was not involved per se)

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Out this evening, going to the SEERS meeting. Got to collect a few things together first.

10 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I know it's somewhat symbolic, but as a non native tree it's just a weed.

That cut is neat and one go, ( ok 3, cuts, cut the wedge out, then cut through from the other side).

Someone knows how to use and has a big commercial chainsaw, that's not a home use one.

I'd suggest the local farmer being xxxxxx of with tourists . If it is and he owns the tree then he's probably broken no laws.

True, but Sheffield council wanted to cut down one of the few remaining English elms a few years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38353335

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Then I went to Uni and moved once each year

Some friends of ours moved while their son was at university. He was upset about for some years.  They did tell him the new address too.

• Like 11
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

but as a non native tree it's just a weed.

It had been there for over 200 years, so as it is older than any human in the area probably has at least residential rights. What counts as an a native tree? Does it have to have sprung from the ground as the glaciers retreated?

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

I've moved about 14 times (counting two temporary accommodations accompanying relocation). I had four addresses in the first year+ when I moved to the US.

There were a couple of other places where I lived for a couple of months and even received mail, but I don't count them as "moves" since I didn't move my "stuff". 

There's ten places where I lived for at least a year.

The longest I've lived anywhere was around 15 years - which happened twice: the latter of my two childhood homes, where my parents still live and an apartment I rented before building my current home.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Someone knows how to use and has a big commercial chainsaw, that's not a home use one.

They have arrested a 16yr old ‘on suspicion of criminal damage’.

Edited by BoD
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

@The Q Did you ever serve with Mark English at Boulmer?  IIRC he was in your line of work.

I don't recognise the name. But then I have a terrible memory for names. I'll check with SWMBO who normally worked in the other main building, there were people there, in the same trade,  we never had contact with.. She was also there for 9 years unlike my mere 3 ish..

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Hopefully he had an "accident" while being arrested and lost his male appendage - seems fitting!!

… with his chainsaw

Not really though, in spite of how sad or angered one feels.  Very difficult to think of a suitable response/punishment though.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 2
  • Agree 12