RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Haven't they also been found in humans as well?

Yes. 

Even admitted by industry groups:

American Chemical Society: Microplastics found in human heart tissues, both before and after surgical procedures

Other research has found microplastics in lung tissue.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
ACS spelling
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

I've been watching 'The Murdoch Mysteries' set in Victorian/Edwardian Toronto recently. In one episode a cricketer was killed by an exploding cricket bat. The killer had hollowed out the bat and filled the void with nitroglycerin. As soon as he hit the ball the bat exploded killing the batsman.

For those that remember "Brass" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_(TV_series) ), they developed a cricket ball, know as the Larwood which exploded when hit.  Handy for getting out those opposition batsmen with good defence.

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

33 minutes ago, figworthy said:

they developed a cricket ball, know as the Larwood which exploded when hit.

Which was first broadcast about a year after Douglas Adams' "Life the universe and everything", where [spoilers] follow:

Arthur Dent attempts to bowl a delivery to a Krikkitter robot at Lords, realizing at the last moment that the cricket ball in his bag was a cosmic-supernova-bomb.

Highlight to see them.

• Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

@jjb1970 only visited Hong Kong .. would visit again but been advised against it by a couple of ex colleagues.. one of them left town at 3am after a tip off...Still trying to get his money out ..

As you say, a fascinating place. I prefer Singapore.

Jibs for today.. fill in and submit my tax return.. frabjoy..

Then prep for meetings this week in Blackburn  and Cheshire.

More furniture to be moved before the great carpet replacement takes place tomorrow.  Wooooopppppiiiidddddooo..erm not!

Been trying to organise a lunch.. a lot of restaurants don't open at lunch time on a Saturday anymore. Meeting places full of weddings.. pah!

Time to drink my tea and move of from drivelling..

Stay safe!

Baz

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

More of the same - though I do have to decide whether to continue with current attempt or start anew; that'll be attempt #302 IIRC......

ION......

It seems that a certain TV programme started again last night - the one where we deport people to Oz whilst bungin' 'em loads of money at the same time.

Now Bear most definitely doesn't watch such cr@p (I'm sad, but not THAT sad) but according to the Beeb News website there's only one person in it that I've ever heard of (a member** of The Big House that's also getting quite a following on something called GB News); when it gets to the stage where they're asking an "Influencer" and the sister of someone famous to appear in it then it really has hit rock bottom in this Bear's Book.

**Apparently getting £1.5M, which is alottadeltics more than a certain Health Secretary got paid for being in it last year (£320K) - a fact which I'm sure p1sses off Mr. H rather a lot I suspect 🤣

BG

Edited by polybear
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning, from a wet n windy rock.  11c is OK though.  No orders for the day have been left, but a lazy one bar doing the washing will do nicely.

I left ships in both Honkers and Singers, probably the night life in Honkers was rather better but had a good time in Singers too, waiting for a flight home.  The rain in Singapore was heavier....never seen heavier, but it doesn't last long.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

First task of the day completed - a WooFlu test for the Winter ONS Testing Survey; I've just discovered that one of the vaccine cards I have has the name of someone I've never heard of on it - maybe the person who did the vaccine?  Or they gave me someone else's card?  A Turdycurses in any event.  I'll phone the Chemist who did it later to see if they can help.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Flanged Wheel said:

Mind you, given New Zealand’s performance so far, we might never leave…

Came close for us - my in-laws are naturalised Kiwis, been out there three times for a month each visit, it was a close call to go there or Fraggle Rock when we decided to change our lives.

Is that Mount Cook or Mount Aspiring?

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....

More of the same - though I do have to decide whether to continue with current attempt or start anew; that'll be attempt #302 IIRC......

ION......

It seems that a certain TV programme started again last night - the one where we deport people to Oz whilst bungin' 'em loads of money at the same time.

Now Bear most definitely doesn't watch such cr@p (I'm sad, but not THAT sad) but according to the Beeb News website there's only one person in it that I've ever heard of (a member** of The Big House that's also getting quite a following on something called GB News); when it gets to the stage where they're asking an "Influencer" and the sister of someone famous to appear in it then it really has hit rock bottom in this Bear's Book.

**Apparently getting £1.5M, which is alottadeltics more than a certain Health Secretary got paid for being in it last year (£320K) - a fact which I'm sure p1sses off Mr. H rather a lot I suspect 🤣

BG

Biggest problem is that they will send him back to us.

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Another good night last night with no call outs from bladder control and even Arthur Itis was asleep.

This is in the news.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67371751

Many years ago I had a friend who's 17 year old daughter died of CS while waiting for a lung-heart donor. She was a bright intelligent girl with ambitions to be a doctor. How can anyone put a price on a young persons life.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

After yet more rain overnight it is dry here at the moment and the cloud is getting slightly lighter.  I think that's about the best it will be today.  I had a better night's sleep, have had breakfast, dealt with a pile of e mails I didn't need to read etc.

I am now sitting waiting for the GP's phone call, scheduled for about now.

Once again there isn't anything really planned for today, at various times I will need to attend to the washing machine as there are two loads and they will need drying, it isn't worth putting them outside to dry.

David

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Although it’s not raining, the weather doesn’t look good today at all, looking as though it’ll rain at any minute. So, as I’m on door answering duties, I’ll continue with the cloud painting in the cellar. With a bit of luck, I’ll get another section of the wall done today, which will be one more step towards completion. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 16