The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I've just opened the package I received this morning. Everything is in order and the vendor has agreed to refund the excess postage charge. I will have to make a small modification to the the chassis as the new body has an illuminated headcode box and the donor does not.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Found it.  It's called "An inconvenient grave" written by Steve Weaver.  Steve has used a pseudonym for his surname but I worked with him.  A great bloke.  Some of the officers are given pseudonyms in the book.  I hope you enjoy it. 

Jamie

Thanks, added to my shopping list.

Adrian

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, polybear said:

Take 'em out of the freezer, bung some in a microwave and nuke for 4 minutes.  Worked for Bear yesterday.  Then cover them in chocolate....

Then give them to the delightful (*) kiddy winks who are out trick or treating.

(*) other descriptions also available

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PupCam said:

Street Level Models (Charlie Connor)  IIRC.     Looks like things have moved on; the physical and web addresses in the CMRA programmes are obsolete  This appears to be the current website with trading via an EBay store.    Having said that, the tram related stuff seems to be conspicuous by its absence now.

A search suggests its card kits now - a different company perhaps?

20 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Bear did.....but soooo quickly that all I saw was a scary word in the title....

• Like 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Washing done.  Tick.

Co-op raided.  Tick.  No Cake was harmed during the mission, sadly.......

During the raid I saw a work buddy (now retired) from the Great Empire; it seems that several more people I knew there have retired recently - one of which is Bear's Head of Function.  I'm no fan - the B'sterd did me no favours whatsoever - exactly the opposite in fact 🤬.  I'd offer him my best wishes but it seems I'm right out of stock, strangely.....

After that is was "more of the same"......

.....and on that note do any fellow ER'ers happen to possess BRM 2005 Issue 5 by any chance?  I believe it had an article in it about the "Maindee East" Layout that I'd very much appreciate a scan of - in particular the track plan........pretty please?

ION......

ON the Pollyticks Programme at lunchtime there was mention of a certain photo (taken from a video) that a certain 2nd Division Team in the Big House had placed on the net; it showed Our Glorious Leader (other terms are available....) using the side of a hammer to hit something.  Of course the offending Team go to great lengths to say words along the lines of "Look - he doesn't even know how to use a hammer!"

However.....

The Pollyticks Programme showed the full video....in which the person (a Jeweller) clearly asks Our Glorious Leader to hit something (a punch of some sort) with the side of the hammer, not the face (presumably to avoid any risk of marking the hammer face as it's used for Jewelry work.

So the 2nd Div. have been well and truly caught out/outed/embarrassed as a result.  Serves 'em right.

BG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I told you not to look.

I know, I know.....

29 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

If you think I gonna fall for that one Chimpy.....

...besides, the website address includes the word "Huntsman".....

ION.......

I phoned the Gov. Dept (HMRC) regarding the three emails I received on Saturday evening**, asking me to validate my emails address (basically those weird code numbers/letters that some websites in order to incorporate two-factor verification).

**Each sent one second after the other.

Well I got the automated service, which gave me a couple of email addresses to forward the emails to; I did this and got a response to say that yes, they were aware, and no, I'm not the only one.  So long as I didn't click on any links/divulge any info etc. etc. then there's no problem; I very much suspect it's their own system flipped out somehow rather than a scrote having a go.

BG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, polybear said:

you think I gonna fall for that one Chimpy...

PETA can be a bit worrying too but perhaps the Australian organisation doesn’t have the same pet euthanasia policy that some of the PETA “shelters” have in the USA. 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

yeah but its this guy, honest!

image.png.11a29fbb6b2f630eb2b76fb713ce931f.png

And that had a scary word in the title as well - and no, I didn't scroll down.....

Nice try, but no Banana.......

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Been out and about visiting some nice people with St Enodoc (and playing trains in various gauges etc.

Time for some sleep 

Good Night to some, good morning to others!

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Ah, but did the meal involve baked beans, curly fries or pizza? A certain Bear wants to know (and if it didn’t, then it’s not “proper food” is it?🤣)

You are of course very perceptive and the meal failed to include any of those vital food elements, which probably accounts for the fact that a mere 8 hours later I had a sudden urge to partake of a slice of pork pie - or paté en croute as it is known here.

To make amends this lunchtime I had pizza - or the Alsace/Pfalz equivalent which might not meet PB's demanding definition.  A very thin base but with no tomato topping.  Instead the base is covered with a sour cream and yoghurt mix and topped with finely chopped onion and lardons - but like traditional pizza then topped off with flavouring items of your choice.  In my case soft goats cheese, which is traditional, and black olives*, which is not.

* proper ones with the stone in - not the destoned ones which are actually green olives dyed black.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

You are of course very perceptive and the meal failed to include any of those vital food elements, which probably accounts for the fact that a mere 8 hours later I had a sudden urge to partake of a slice of pork pie - or paté en croute as it is known here.

To make amends this lunchtime I had pizza - or the Alsace/Pfalz equivalent which might not meet PB's demanding definition.  A very thin base but with no tomato topping.  Instead the base is covered with a sour cream and yoghurt mix and topped with finely chopped onion and lardons - but like traditional pizza then topped off with flavouring items of your choice.  In my case soft goats cheese, which is traditional, and black olives*, which is not.

The whole is called Tarte au Flame, Flammkuchen or tarte flambée 

4 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

* proper ones with the stone in - not the destoned ones which are actually green olives dyed black.

• Like 10