The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Merry Christmas, One and All! 🎂🥃🍺🎅🏻🥂

iD

p.s. The tiny, young, sprouts don’t need peeling - just trimming off the hard stalk. Ooops, maybe I should’ve mentioned this earlier before everyone started peeling their sprouts 😯 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Good morning  and a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

Still dark but dry for now although rain, possibly heavy, is forecast and may start falling shortly. 12°C and might reach 14°C.

The Boss is already preparing things in the kitchen, I'm keeping out of her way unless summoned.

A lazy afternoon and evening was spent in front of the TV and I overdosed on Scrooge watching no less than 3 versions of the story with Alistair Sim, George C. Scott and Albert Finney in the starring role.  I'd already watched the Patrick Stewart version a couple of days ago so I am now officially Scrooged* out.  Bah. Humbug.  Beer and brandy may have been sampled along the way. 

*Still haven't watched that one.

Our visitors will start arriving about 11.00 and there will be 10 of us here for the day and all but 2 staying overnight and tomorrow.   I'm expecting a very hectic but enjoyable day.  Santa has delivered and there are quite a few parcels spread around the tree and elsewhere.  As a family we really like and celebrate Christmas, not so much from the religious aspect but Peace & Goodwill does mean a lot to us.

Thoughts are with all those who are under the weather, ailing, suffering or trying to keep the dark animal at bay.  I'm well acquainted with the latter and know how hard it is. 

I bettagettamoveon even though I have not yet been instructed to do so.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope that whatever you are doing you have a good day.

After a quiet evening reading and watching TV I went to the midnight service at churh and got home just before 1 a.m.  I've had quite a good sleep, eaten breakfast and will shortly set out for the Christmas Day service.  

The food is already to go in the oven/on the hob as needed and I have a list of the times when everything has to be done.  Dinner is a simple turkey joint, pigs in blankets, stuffing, roast parsnips plus at least two other veg (including sprouts), roast potatoes, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy.  I think I must be a traditionalist.  Presents will be opened while I have my coffee when I get back from church.  This afternoon there will be phone calls to relatives, just after the King's speech because they will all watch it and Christmas Dinner will have been eaten.

Then it is relax a bit and probably have a fairly early night.  There are no groceries to come tomorrow so I don't have to rush in the morning.

David

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

A happy Christmas morning to you all from Estuary-Land. I awoke to the sound of the next door neighbours little girls (5 and 7) opening their Christmas presents. Not because they are noisy but the walls are rather thin. Time now to put the kettle on and prepare breakfast, be back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

The Boss seems to have everything (including me) well under control and I've just been told to keep out of "her" kitchen and have a muggacoffee.  I can do that.

I must admit that the one thing I do really miss now all our grandkids have grown up is having ankle biters around opening their presents early on Christmas morning.  However today we will have Darren's 7 yo daughter with us later this morning and I'm told that she is one very excited young lady so that's something to look forward to.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

20231225_094604003.jpeg.986cf8d12920138e679c71ae045954c4.jpeg

The building over the river is the day boat hire shed.. but you need a boat to get to it at the moment, three rivers have broken their banks with the tidal surge.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17