The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Yes @iL Dottore SOME doctors have little clue on how to communicate with patients. Indeed some see a patient as having less intelligence than a piece of wood.

I've updated your statement as not all doctors are poor communicators and, yes, there ARE some patients who meet the latter description....

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny this morning, for now anyway as a few showers are predicted. Not certain what I will be doing today apart from finishing sorting out the utility room so I better getonwithit.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Things aren't helped by TV presenters speaking to old people in a most patronising manner, setting a tone. My wife had some BBC morning program on in our hotel in Carlisle and a presenter was talking to a war veteran as if they were a deaf two years old with learning difficulties.  I was quite impressed the chap in question took it without comment (he was clearly in command of his faculties).

The worst is how some address those with dementia. In my experience those suffering dementia are generally still erudite and aware of the world around them but within a much smaller bubble, they don't become stupid.

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 10
  • Round of applause 3

5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I've updated your statement as not all doctors are poor communicators and, yes, there ARE some patients who meet the latter description....

There are sadly some Doctors who are liars and will tell you anything to either get themselves out of the room or in the case of one of our GP's to get us out of the room, we see a different GP now, one who actually told us the the other one was "economic with the truth".

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just put the washing out to dry on the racks and there's another lot of washing to go in the machine waiting in the wings. That will have to wait until tomorrow night once the current lot is dry.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Grizz said:

Hard as Hell Viking folk. Check this out. This is a photo from BBC News showing commuters in our nearby city of Aalborg. 

IMG_3237.jpeg.a4ce88d23c531910fe1a343a70f37ac0.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-67871751

I do object to the bbc wokerati refering to their pc books and calling them Nordic countries…. We call it Scandinavia. 

The article used Nordic as it is referring to Sweden and Finland. Finland is not Scandinavian, so not BBC woke at all. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1