Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Not these days, the Peak district Wallabies are likely to have died out  https://kent.wildwoodtrust.org/explore/list-of-animals/red-necked-wallaby/#:~:text=The total population of Red,to no sightings since 2000.

but over 1700 driving NHN hopping mad....

EDIT - I was posting in response to the Q which I think is obvious....

Edited by The Lurker
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

.. with sufficient dilithium crystals to power your star ship you could go in straight lines anywhere,

You would also need some pretty impressive computing power to be able to travel in straight lines over anything other than (relatively) short distances. Assuming you’re aiming for something ‘small’ like a planet, or a galaxy at a significant distance, you would need to be able to calculate the future position of that target with precision in a vast three-dimensional space. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

• RMweb Gold

I thought with all the mention of sci fi novels and films I would have a look at some I saw years ago. I thought I would start with “ Alien”. I hadn’t  seen it at the cinema and probably only on an old VHS tape version. Watching it on a modern TV was quite revealing, being able to see things helped along the plot. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I have toad-in-the-hole for dinner tonight, it only requires five minutes in the air fryer. Talking of which on BBC breakfast this morning they were talking about what some people use an air fryer for.  Cooking broccoli and eggs but some people use one for making tea!

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

8 minutes ago, polybear said:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water cake shop......

The Bear's back........😱

Apologies for being AWOL for so long....and many thanks for the kind thoughts and messages - it's much appreciated.

All down to a significant dose of the dreaded BD (well actually there was a huge pack of 'em, all the size of horses) of the sort I've never experienced before (or ever wish to again).  Hopefully they've got fed up and are in the process of p1ssing off to annoy someone else instead now.

Bear has just started swimming drowning a couple of times a week (the first since being in a Hotel Pool back in 2016) as part of the process - I can think of better things to be doing at 0615am though (sleeping being one of them - but there's diddly squat chance of that).  I am managing 0.6 miles (1Km) in a session now though - I even overtook someone on Monday (so what if she was in her 80's.....).

I also now do a lot of walking - about 3 hilly miles on most days.  Why all this health madness?  Well I had a medic check a few weeks back and as part of that discovered that I'm not 5' 10" after all - but 5' 7".  Why does this matter?  Well my previously nicely in the green BMI is now not so nicely in the amber.  Turdycurses.

Cake?  Nope (I even turned down a free mince pie on Monday - but don't spread it about).  Bikkies?  One a day, tops.  Chips/Curly Fries/Hash Browns/sweets/spuds?  Nope.  Calorie counting?  Yep......

Double Piggin' Turdycurses.

The once-a-week Pizza stays though - even this Bear has limits.

I've also started volunteering at the local Hospice (doing Warehouse and Delivery work to their Shops) - it gets me out n' about and mixing with other people.  Working somewhere where they are all friendly, welcoming and appreciative is a real culture shock after 39 years "being a number" in The Great Empire.....

Oh yes, and I've even been planning things to do with bits of brass and a gearbox - the first such thing since well before chrimbo.

BG

Welcome back oh furry one. We've missed your aerodite and culinary skills. Keep it up. Nothing quite like social interaction for keeping the canine folk in there kennels.

• Agree 14
  • Thanks 1