The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

23 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Not polar bears. 

1 minute ago, Erichill16 said:

Ah but this is no ordinary polar bear!

And with Global Warming, they're going to have to learn to use woods like all the other Bears do....

• Agree 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Not raining at this minute but it's coming over a bit dark. Add to that it's rather blustery at the moment so it's a good idea to stay indoors. Time to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Perhaps cake (small portion, shared) will be available. 

Bear understood the first bit - but you soon lost me.....

• Like 4
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Perhaps cake (small portion, shared) will be available. 

34 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear understood the first bit - but you soon lost me.....

Welcome to the reality of your new life, Bear

image.png.5dc634aa414927957e705b7060706056.png

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

1 hour ago, Grizz said:

At least twice, during my yooff, it was as a result of being ‘tired and political’ on Snake Bite and Black, in  various thrash and death metal ‘Mosh Pits’….Didn’t even notice it at the time. But the hangover lasted so long I had to go to A&E… they said you’ve got a busted nose. 

Ah Happy Days.

I remember that concert. I was touring with The Döctörs of Destructiön earning my tuition fees by supporting Motörhead (Lemmy was great fun and a total gent) and one night we had this totally insane and surreal experience - some crazy Grizzly was slam dancing in the mosh pit, necking something lethal looking, creating absolute mayhem.

OIG2.Q.jpg.aec2e2b4ecf3402aceb3b9817085dfad.jpg

I remember saying at the time to our bassist - Syd Snot (now Prof Moulton-Brown, Professor Emeritus of Neuroanatomy at UCL) - that that Grizz is gonna have one hell of a hangover...

Happy days indeed.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

27 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I remember that concert. I was touring with The Döctörs of Destructiön earning my tuition fees by supporting Motörhead (Lemmy was great fun and a total gent) and one night we had this totally insane and surreal experience - some crazy Grizzly was slam dancing in the mosh pit, necking something lethal looking, creating absolute mayhem.

OIG2.Q.jpg.aec2e2b4ecf3402aceb3b9817085dfad.jpg

I remember saying at the time to our bassist - Syd Snot (now Prof Moulton-Brown, Professor Emeritus of Neuroanatomy at UCL) - that that Grizz is gonna have one hell of a hangover...

Happy days indeed.

Doc…. would you ever consider getting the guys back together again and hitting the road? 

The Döctörs of Destructiön World tour? I can see it now…..Supported by Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and…Bolt Thrower! 
 I for one would be there..again. 😎

• Like 18

Of course your security arrangements…well let’s say I’m sure that you’d have that well taken care of! 

Bit like The Stones having The H.A. for their security….only way more scarier.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Happy days indeed.

And what ever happened to Gizzard Puke?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 11

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Flipping lightweights!  Wouldn't last 5 minuted Doon the Toon... ( or rather on a night out in Newcastle upon Tyne in the snow with the ladies in short skirts, strappy sandals, strapped tops and a handbag  the lads in T shirt, shorts and flip flops...)

Baz

And there are those who don't understand that Viz is a newspaper of record...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear is currently waiting for Amazon to get it's ar5e in gear and deliver my new Shaver; Amazon has kindly offered the following products "related to items in your shipment".....

Coat Hangers

Step Ladder

AA Batteries

Sticky Tape

and.....

Compostable Dog Poo Bags....

Huh?

Well i get the rest but sticky tape. What on earth would you with sticky tape. On second thoughts better not to ask

• Like 12
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Flipping lightweights!  Wouldn't last 5 minuted Doon the Toon... ( or rather on a night out in Newcastle upon Tyne in the snow with the ladies in short skirts, strappy sandals, strapped tops and a handbag  the lads in T shirt, shorts and flip flops...)

Baz

Ahhhh ‘A Neet Doon Toon’….bin there and done that a few times. Loved the Porcy Arms…on “Bottles of Dog….bonnie lad.”

Rounded off a curry not too far from the station, but again usually a bit too tired and political to remember exactly where we ate.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

45 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

And what ever happened to Gizzard Puke?

Gizzard Puke?

Didn't you know? On the last world tour, when the Döctörs of Destructiön were on tour with the Pink Polar Bears (an amazing all-female heavy metal band comprising 4 young women and 5 bad attitudes), following a dare from the lead singer of PPB ("Bitch Cow" was her stage name) Gizzard Puke necked 10 lemonades in a row and ate ten bags of curly fries in 5 minutes - still frozen!

After they released him from hospital, he entered a downward self-destructive spiral and is now a polyester tie wearing quantity surveyor in Penge.

Sad, really.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Ok for our French Corespondents..

What is the standard size for a front door in France?

Merci.

However I type it online I get the results for French doors ie UK double openers..

I'll tell you next week!

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Grizz said:

Doc…. would you ever consider getting the guys back together again and hitting the road? 

The Döctörs of Destructiön World tour? I can see it now…..Supported by Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and…Bolt Thrower! 
 I for one would be there..again. 😎

I can do better than that, Grizz.

I suppose I can now let the cat out of the bag!

One or two of the Döctörs of Destructiön who have permission from their SWMBOs have teamed up with the surviving members of The Psychotic Bimblers, The Boat Strokers plus the drummer from The Pink Polar Bears (Mz Tomboy Harridan) to form a new "Supergroup" Old and Still Nasty.

They are currently in rehearsal for their world tour (sponsored by CCI GmbH)

OIG1.jpg.fc650ed57f0bf3bde3aa882123da82c0.jpg

I can ask Captain Cynical if he can get you an Access All Areas VIP pass for when they are playing near Grizz Villa.

Cheers

iD

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8