Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bladder control kept pressing the button last night but despite that I managed about six hours sleep. When I've been on holiday it's always half board only (B&B and evening meal) so that I have the whole day to explore. If I'm feeling peckish I will look for somewhere away from the tourist hot spots.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Fraggle Rock is becoming a regular small cruise vessel destination,

Our next cruise won’t be calling at the Isle of Man. The proposed route seems to be going past the IoM but slightly nearer to Ireland.  

• Like 17

16 hours ago, Barry O said:

The cruise left Auckland and went to Tauranga, Christchurch, Fijorland, Wellington , Melbourne , Sydney.. then home.. thats New Zealand and Australia covered in 10 days.... tick in box!

7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

10 days?

Why even bother to leave home?

I think @Barry O is talking about rain.

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

3 hours ago, polybear said:

piddled in the pool this time; for some strange reason I noticed that the slow lane was inhabited by just one Bear and A N Other

I wonder why?

BG

I dont! 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

BH.....

Din dins scoffed; useful stuff done post-piddlin' - including the dreaded once-fortnightly "Bike Oil" reminder, which involves revolving Harry the Honda's back wheel round and the engine over TDC/compression ten+ times whilst the bike is in top gear (750 DOHC, with the plugs in...) - gets everything turnin' & wobblin' in order to keep the engine free & lubricated.  Good for building up forepaw muscles too....

No wander this afternoon - if I do that I'll end up not doing any of the other missions that really need attention - which includes some muddlin' stuff.

BG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

I dont! 

I hope after all the swimming  @polybear will be available for other advice. I have been trying to improve the grip in my hands, especially the left one. Aditi read an article in the New York Times that suggested “walking like a bear”. Not too sure how to do that. 

• Like 15
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I hope after all the swimming  @polybear will be available for other advice. I have been trying to improve the grip in my hands, especially the left one. Aditi read an article in the New York Times that suggested “walking like a bear”. Not too sure how to do that. 

image.png.50e2fe92781a6fafbb1c65701b641257.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

47 minutes ago, polybear said:

image.png.50e2fe92781a6fafbb1c65701b641257.png

I would have thought that Bear would have dived head-first into the cake, sending it flying everywhere, rather than bother with trying to manipulate it with a mouth held implement...

It would also have made a more dramatic picture!

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

I would have thought that Bear would have dived head-first into the cake, sending it flying everywhere, rather than bother with trying to manipulate it with a mouth held implement...

It would also have made a more dramatic picture!

"Everywhere" = wasted cake.  Simples

Besides, I'm a sofisticayted kinda Bear.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Our next cruise won’t be calling at the Isle of Man. The proposed route seems to be going past the IoM but slightly nearer to Ireland.  

But you could give @New Haven Neil a wave as you go by.

• Like 4
  • Agree 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just had a couple of hours eyelid inspection and feel better for it. I was contemplating the G word but the grass is still soaking wet so thats for the latter part of the week when hopefully it will  dry out a bit more. Now to see what the best before date lottery has in store for dinner.

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, southern42 said:

I even had a taster this afternoon. 

I found a pin badge clasp on the floor of the car as I got in it after lunch. Go back a couple of weeks and I had walked into the kitchen with something on the bottom of my shoe - the pin of a badge stuck in the rubber sole. Lucky I was not walking barefoot, I thought. I am now guessing, by the lacklustre of the badge, that it must have fallen onto the car floor as well and got walked upon down the long gravel path into the house. 

So, one badge smartened up again. No, sorry, this is not a bear but an orangutan, issued by one of the cafes outside Betws-y-coed station - a Mother's Day present from one of the tribe during lunch there. Three coats of the glossy stuff has brought it back to life.

IMG_8620.jpeg.06f64ffda5bae676f3e07bc3171972ec.jpeg 

Oook!

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 4