The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Possibly - but I always considered Uncle Rufus to be a much more sensible Bear.....

image.png.a5a26d803b15756bd03389e12a96b57b.png

One thing I've noticed about the recent food pictures - a lot of the cutlery is upside down. Irrespective of whether they show left or right handed/pawed subjects, the forks are pointing towards the diner. Is this a coded message that, in the creator's opinion, the subject is guilty of culinary crimes and his 'personal weapon' has been turned to face him, like a sword at a court martial verdict? Or is it a well observed trait of the subject - i.e. Uncle Rufus liked flicking his olives from a pizza at the other diners too? 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 10

4 hours ago, polybear said:

Oh dear. how sad....

Seems like the Orange One's credit isn't quite as good as he'd hoped....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68600093

🤣

I'm waiting until he sets up a Just Giving page and then I'd encourage everyone to give him a penny, or a cent, and then see what the receipt processing costs are - wouldn't take much to exceed his net worth.

Edited by Coombe Barton
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

Is this a coded message that, in the creator's opinion, the subject is guilty of culinary crimes and his 'personal weapon' has been turned to face him, like a sword at a court martial verdict? Or is it a well observed trait of the subject - i.e. Uncle Rufus liked flicking his olives from a pizza at the other diners too? 

Nope - it means Uncle Rufus has snuck in and is scoffin' someone else's din dins whilst they nip off for a badly timed wee wee.  Rufus was well known and rather an expert at such scurrilous deeds....

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

20 minutes ago, polybear said:

Is "posh" the new "shed"?

Now if we have mention of a "posh shed" that could really get interesting.....

Weeelll

as you raised the topic....

OIG2.q.jpg.98490bd90f43b85c31781f33ffd49478.jpg

My "shed" (with some of my staff)

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

6 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

New plant = new pot.

What's so hard to understand? 🤔

Oh, I get that. But unless you have a garden inside a Tardis, don't you eventually run out of space???

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Grizz said:

I would like offer my opening bid for the “Who’s got the poshest shed p’ss’ng up the wall competition” with this……

My shed / workshop has a shower and a bed. As well as a microwave and a bijou fridge freezer (both in matching black). 

That is a very high opening bid!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 6

11 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

New plant = new pot.

What's so hard to understand? 🤔

New Plant = New Pot….that is like deep dude.

Is that a new kind of Pot? And can we please define exactly what kind of ‘Pot’ and ‘Plant’ we are talking about here, as I am easily confused, especially at this time of night and with this level of headache.

Because as someone wise once said….”one man’s ’Pot Plant’ may not necessarily be another’s POT PLANT’….or ‘New Plant’.  Or ‘New Pot’….sort of fing.”

Like just saying….man…….sorry what was I saying…… has anyone got any pizza coz like I really starvin…🤪

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

6 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Mind you, "Toad In The Hole" must be baffling to anyone who has missed out on a British uprbringing...

Yeah that and Spotted Dick is probably one of the reasons that while almost every city in the world will have a "Chinatown"  where you can try   culinary delights, you'll be looking far and wide in vain to find an "Englandtown" 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Who’s got the poshest shed p’ss’ng up the wall competition”

That was the mice in our shed (the one also referred to as “the summerhouse”). The mice were removed. The smell took a little longer. 

• Friendly/supportive 17

21 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Now that he's here a little something for @monkeysarefun . You like your

ute's/ pickups with a bit of go , do you fancy pitting yours against this one .

i liked the  bloke at the end just going along happily  on a Sunday drive.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

That was the mice in our shed (the one also referred to as “the summerhouse”). The mice were removed. The smell took a little longer. 

Mice can be easily solved.

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Today was forecast to be overcast but dry and importantly with overnight temperatures above 5°C.

So it seemed a good day to start building steps down the terracing from the upper slopes to the lower slopes.  All nicely marked out on the concrete plinth, I had just got the first block seated and level in both directions and the heavens opened.  With a wheelbarrow full of mortar, there seemed little choice but to battle on.   An hour and a half later and I was p'ssed wet through but had the bottom layer all but complete and an empty wheelbarrow.  Retreat to the warmth seemed the honourable thing to do.

Edited by Andy Hayter
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Mice can be easily solved.

Isn't that similar to the way the Anhk-Morpork Post Office tried to solve the infestation of their letter boxes by snails?

“We got a bit carried away,” said Moist. “We were a bit too creative in our thinking. We encouraged mongooses to breed in the posting boxes to keep down the snakes…”
Lord Vetinari said nothing.
“Er… which, admittedly, we introduced into the letter boxes to reduce the number of toads…”
Lord Vetinari repeated himself.
“Er… which, it’s true, staff put in the posting boxes to keep down the snails…”
Lord Vetinari remained unvocal.
“Er… These, I must in fairness point out, got into the boxes of their own accord, in order to eat the glue on the stamps,” said Moist, aware that he was beginning to burble.
“Well, at least you were saved the trouble of having to introduce them yourselves,” said Lord Vetinari cheerfully. “As you indicate, this may well have been a case where chilly logic should have been replaced by the common sense of, perhaps, the average chicken.”

Terry Pratchett, Making Money

Edited by Hroth
minor typo and a quote
  • Like 14

20 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Isn't that similar to the way the Anhk-Morpork Post Office tried to solve the infestation of their letter boxes by snails?

Someones been borrowing from  "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly"

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

4 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Someones been borrowing from  "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly"

At least with post boxes no one is likely to die through ingesting larger and larger creatures.....

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

As it's the first new pot we've bought for years, I don't see where you get the idea from we have so many.

Well I didn't know that!

I was just working on the not unreasonable assumption that a) as implied by your original post garden centre visits are not uncommon, ergo neither is pot acquisition, and b] you do not have infinite space in your garden.

I am happy to stand corrected.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 5