Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

Just horizontal drizzle here. So dry patches on the roads where trees and houses get in the way..

Just as I turned to leave the living room for the landrover my right hip went click again.. been quite painful all evening.

Left knee didn't like pressing the clutch, right ankle has joined in just for the fun of it.

Pink pills for supper.

MRC went surprisingly well, task I'd decided on worked, also handed over the MRC accounts on a usb stick to the chairman, he can peruse them for mistokes before sending them off.

Parts arrived for SWMBO's loom, 50:50 chance of having it completed ( except for painting) tomorrow morning before she gets back from her art group.. that would be worth many brownie points.

Flood warning map has reduced the levels, had yesterday's occured we'd have been on an island, today it would just be a long way round to anywhere.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

What an awful day it’s been today, rain, lots of it and very windy too! I’m glad I decided to stay in the workshop this morning. Although, after dinner, I went to Costco, as we were running very low on a few items that we buy from there. 

Anyway, back to this morning. More progress has been made on the 3 way point. Almost completed the soldering, I’ve just got one check rail to fit. I’d already fitted this, but it was too close to the running rail and the truck wouldn’t pass through it, so I removed it. It just needs refitting a little bit further away from the running rail. I’ll do that tomorrow. Once I’m happy with how the truck runs, I’ll fit the 2 operating arms, once that’s done, the points finished , which will be a big✔️.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

You're not alone in this, Dave (@Dave Hunt)

seeyounow.jpg.de7288f968a495317b21b2a64739269e.jpg

Oh look the patient liaison committee has arrived.

Just in passing shouldn't that be - tell the ultrasound department that they will be seeing the squadron leader next.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

The wind has gone.  The sun was here but has also now gone.  We are promised fist and mog tomorrow but I shall believe that when the morning arrives.  

In the meantime here's proof there was sunlight earlier.  A Lesser-spotted Glassbird caught in its native habitat.  

IMG_6121.JPG.cdc9ad8161790f6ccee6e57c30b9d593.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I often wondered if our French/German teacher ran through the school's paper allotment all by himself.

Class started with a verb chart -- conjugate a given verb in all the known tenses.  The texts we were given for reading were accompanied by all sorts of notes on the vocabulary and I forget what else.

I remember my father in the 50s making duplicates on a little device that had a gelatin surface with the info on it and paper had to be pressed onto it.  

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I know it's a personal preference, and paper still has it's place, but it amazes me how many people still print off reams of paper when it is so easy to work with soft copies now. You can add notes and annotate in word, highlight stuff etc. I know people who travel around the world carrying what must be a kilo or more of paper in addition to their PC or tablet as they still print off all the documents. 

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning g from the Charente.  We are meant to be having dryer weather this week.  I will find out in due course.  Shopping then some trimming got done. 

The new hen hut has been ordered to replace the ramshackle one that was falling apart.  It is due for delivery tomorrow so today's task is to clean out Cluckingham palace,  we plan to get some new birds in June. 

Apart from that the day is unspecified. 

Regards to all and of course Sundry. 

Jamie

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I know it's a personal preference, and paper still has it's place, but it amazes me how many people still print off reams of paper when it is so easy to work with soft copies now. You can add notes and annotate in word, highlight stuff etc. I know people who travel around the world carrying what must be a kilo or more of paper in addition to their PC or tablet as they still print off all the documents. 

Bear once had a visit from "The Guy from the Barclays" trying to flog me something (a pension, maybe?).....he was totally shafted when his laptop wouldn't start....

• Like 4
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear once had a visit from "The Guy from the Barclays" trying to flog me something (a pension, maybe?).....he was totally shafted when his laptop wouldn't start....

His shoddy lap top probably helped you dodge a bullet on that one.......🤪

• Like 1
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

The possibility of a DVT is not a "take a few aspirin and come back later" situation (although aspirin does have anti clotting effects).

Perhaps you should print out the attached (https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16911-deep-vein-thrombosis-dvt) highlight the relevant passages and really get shirty with them. Ask them if they realise that there are internationally recognised "gold standards" for most treatments and what you're experiencing ain't even "cheap plastic standard"...

@Dave Hunt:  I'd be more than tempted to be on the phone to your Surgeon's Medical Secretary at 0900 and just let her know what's been going on - I very much suspect it'll be fed up the chain PDQ and certain people will spend their lunch hour doing a bit of self-administered surgery by sewing up a new orifice they weren't born with.....

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

You're not alone in this, Dave (@Dave Hunt)

seeyounow.jpg.de7288f968a495317b21b2a64739269e.jpg

So what DID happen to Doreen, the authoritarian receptionist, when she bellowed at CC to, and I quote “Get those filthy animals OUT of MY hospital”….? ….

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Prime candidates for a meeting with Reggie the Rope.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68774242

If they don't get sentences of at least 10+ years then there really is no justice.  Personally I'd be saying that if they don't name names and refund oodles of cash then it's a whole-life, very hard labour visit - with no chance of parole, telly, visitors, pizza, curly fries, beans.....

And DEFINITELY no Cake......

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Round of applause 1

25 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

it amazes me how many people still print off reams of paper when it is so easy to work with soft copies now. You can add notes and annotate in word, highlight stuff etc. I know people who travel around the world carrying what must be a kilo or more of paper in addition to their PC or tablet as they still print off all the documents. 

I presume you are talking about larger documents rather than a boarding pass and itinerary.

A paper boarding pass or ticket can be lost, but depending on what apps you are willing to load, can be much more convenient. I recently had electronic tickets to an indoor sporting event. Every time I needed to present my ticket (which was much more often than I supposed*) the telephone had turned off, disconnecting the internet connection required to access the tickets via a web portal. Plus the ticket scanner was very fussy reading an electronic image. A paper ticket would have been sooo much more convenient. 

* Perhaps four times to get to my seat.

Without my big monitor, I prefer to read documents on paper - though I would rarely need to do this enroute and never print long documents (of more than a few pages).

I still prefer to read printed books and travel with them. Undoubtedly some sort of tablet has many advantages compared with carrying around a doorstop book, but I'm no longer any sort of road warrior.

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

36 minutes ago, polybear said:

Prime candidates for a meeting with Reggie the Rope.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68774242

This meeting with Reggie the Rope…

…...from the traditional tree?

Or more creatively….behind a car (vehicle of choice) for five to ten miles (clothing optional).

Pay for View available nationally at all pubs throughout the UK as a crime prevention public information film type thing, on a Friday / Saturday night..…with all proceeds going to victims of crime. 

Just asking for a friend….who happens to be in the creative fields of rope making and car / vehicle hire / tv pub entertainment and criminal correction service / business.

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Perhaps you should print out the attached (https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16911-deep-vein-thrombosis-dvt) highlight the relevant passages and really get shirty with them. Ask them if they realise that there are internationally recognised "gold standards" for most treatments and what you're experiencing ain't even "cheap plastic standard"...

Bear has just opened that link and read the first paragraph......

@Dave Hunt I tried to post a piccy of an "RAF Fighter Pilot wearing black stockings" but the A.I. responded with "Unsafe Content Detected".

I guess it must be a snagging hazard.

• Funny 15

47 minutes ago, Grizz said:

So what DID happen to Doreen, the authoritarian receptionist, when she bellowed at CC to, and I quote “Get those filthy animals OUT of MY hospital”….? ….

Ended up as Bear scat.....

(after CC had finished educating her about something called "proper patient care" - with a big stick.... with a nail in the end of it....)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 6