Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

If you go for soldering and superglue, do the soldering first. Apply a hot iron to a superglued joint and you will release most unpleasant choking fumes. I found this out years ago before the internet was around to warn of such things!

I was more interested in the pollution around the race track than the racing during this morning's broadcast.

It has just occurred to me reading your post that I need to think about something for Aditi's birthday soon. Clothing, perfume, jewellery or foodstuffs of any variety are all banned presents. Something for the garden is the usual hint dropped. Surprises are also not appreciated. Though I wonder if a surprise trip to the cinema to see Skyfall (she likes James Bond films) would be OK!

• Like 1

Thanks! I was thinking of one or the other, but if I was going to try both, I suspect I'd naturally try and fail at the soldering first, then pick up the superglue!

If Aditi's enjoyed the first two of Daniel Craig's Bond movies she'll definitely enjoy Skyfall. I'd say it's the best of the three so far. He's signed up for at least another two, so that's encouraging. Some very memorable scenes in it, and the sight of the DB5 on Rannoch Moor is beautiful...!

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

• RMweb Premium

Saw a few bits of F1 - those I hadn't fallen asleep through.

For all you folk out in the big wide world where life and the weather are a bit rough, I hope tomorrow brings you something better. And looking forward to news of the baby...

Good night for now

Nos da.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mornin'...

Lucky you for not having to be around at silly o'clock! And after school, I'll need to head to uni as well. I'm sure the bed will seem awfully attractive tonight...

And cold it is, too – -2°C according to the outside sensor.

Hello,

A very thick white cloud sitting on top of the mountain announcing the 25kph South East wind currently blowing.. For the rest a clear blue sky.

Unfortunately for those who still have to work to put bread on the table, it's Monday.

Good morning one and all, my weekend seemed to go missing as well! (40 winks snooze after shopping trip yesterday turn into 4 hours solid kip!)

Lets hope the weather doesn't effect you guys too much, and that Pete has well battened down the hatches..seems it could be a bit damp & breezy over his way?

Whatever try and enjoy something today

Trev.

Morning All,

It is a very foggy morning today. The temperature is down to -3°C and the pea soup so thick I can't see the building on the other side of the road from my office window.

The weekend was quiet.

A very good morning to Dave - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are joining us for the first time?

Have a good day everyone...

Mornin' Robert,

...not the first time but a very recent convert. I see Mainz as your location...our Christmas markets honeymoon cruise along the Rhine from Cologne finished there. A fabulous way to enjoy Germany. Is Mainz a good place to live?

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning to all ER frequenters.

It is a damp and overcast morning in a not sunny Margam, and not much in the way of breeze, which is unusual on the coast.

We will return to Telford later this morning, no doubt admiring the wet and overcast all the way from W Glam to Shropshire.

Looking forward to a busy and productive week on maintenance tasks in both the house and garden, but I might review this sentiment on Friday!

Bore Da!

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Doesn't look too bad outside. We are heading off to the Lakes for a couple of days. Hopefully, before too long, I will be breaking fast on Hartside with distant views of the Fells and the Solway Firth.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is quite warm and dry here this morning.

Today's tasks seem to involve lots of little errands, supermarket, post office, doctors and probably others I'll remember as the day progresses.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Have been out already this am to buy a new bi-fold shower door - it should arrive tomorrow.

A new project has been passed my way, one which I'm quite excited about, hopefully all will be revealed later today...

Have a good one, and if you need to, batten down the hatches !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning Chaps & Chapesses,

Very damp night here, sky is overcast at moment & yet more rain to come. Current temp 8oC.

Yesterday was excellent because we were hit with a 3 hour surprise invasion of grandchildren which seemed to include lots of noise & laughter, We then went to a birthday celebration which also included lots of noise & laughter interspersed with some food & copious amounts of alcoholic beverages.

I have run out of excuses for conservatory maintenance/redecoration avoidance and therefore today will be spent on the preparatory work needed for this enterprise.I am not very excited about this project Stu-hope yours has more to do with railways or similar!

All the best

Bob

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

Morning all. Dull grey, but much warmer here this morn. i don't know what's worse. Having a beyond busy day, or sitting around waiting for others to get their poop in a group? For the moment I'll enjoy the silence from the various project managers. (aka clowns)

Hurricanes, earthquakes, X-Factor. No doubt the nutters will be out in full force soon calling these events as proof the world is going to end in 8 weeks.

Hope Pete is ok with Sandy bearing down on him. Hopefully the storm will weaken and soon be downgraded to "British Summer".

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Good morning, all.

The sun's up this morning with a few low-lying mist patches.

A day at home to fix and continue my Ratio Kit.

But first, there are more mundane tasks to get on with.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Morning

Dry and cool here, bit grey too, no wind, you know that sort of nothing weather.

Will pop into town later and......well that's it really.

I'm sure something will crop up during the day. All the best

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

greyish sky out there but occasional sunshine coming through and definitely not (thank goodness) the sort of weather which is heading Pete's way - fingers crossed for him. Odd sort of synchronicity on here as yesterday I was asking herself what she would like for Christmas (a new camera was mentioned). I'm much easier - interesting looking new book on the way fro Lightmoor plus one of the various shortly to arrive locos can be handed over for wrapping - that way it ensures no socks will be coming my way.

Have a good day folks but especially so for Pete if he;s able to stick his head above the ramparts and drop in here. (I wonder what happens to all that plywood after they take it down if it hasn't been damaged by the storm?).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Quite ordinary morning, with slight breeze, not too cold, high cloud.

Need to chase up a few things this week, not least some housework and the ironing. 3 years of having a paid cleaner may have been tough - but less tough than doing it all yourself!

At this rate, Ashcombe will still be waiting for baby at Xmas!

• Like 1