The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A treat for me, a lie in, well until 07:30 anyway,

Now got the man flu on my chest, not so good when you are slightly asthmatic, makes you very asthmatic but not much to do today except check works email and answer them - yes back at work for me.

Had a nice success on my video editing front last night, thanks to the Adobe "how to" pages, I managed to edit out the wah-wah from a clip of a 66, I won't always remove backgrounds but it's nice to be able to if I so desire.

Hope everyone has a good day

• Like 4

That greenhouse is becoming a cause célèbre, Ashers.

Is there a way of protecting it?

Reading Martin's story earlier, I think one would hesitate to give a helping hand like that these days. A shame.

Not really as we live at the head of a valley. Either we'll abandon the plan or go for a sturdier version. If we position it closer to the house to protect it from the elements, it won't get much sun.

I agree about the giving of lifts. Having hitch hiked regularly (and survived!) as a student, we used to take pity on those hitching lifts and met some interesting folk but we wouldn't pick up hitch hikers nowadays. Changing times.

• RMweb Gold

I  have been rather absent from here. A phone call from the Nursing home on Christmas eve to say that Fil had been seen by the doctor and had agreed he could be given morphine if need be as things had reached final stages. BiL was going to their son's for Christmas dinner with grandsons decided not to phone then left it till Boxing day morning. BiL will be here today (from Newmarket). I hope the gods are on our side and they make it in time. Thought I would not share this over Christmas.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Didn't sleep wonderfully after about 4.30, but I'm always amazed at how little difference it makes to the rest of the day. Not known for afternoon naps in recent years.

Sherry's greenhouse does sound like a quality product. Liked edcayton's mum's expression - heard it from a friend who trained with Philips in Holland in the days when computers still used relays, and we giggled over that one. The other one used by the Dutch trainer was "up and down like a honeymoon di*k"!

I can sympathise with beast over the occasional asthma - any time I get a cold I go straight on to the Qvar for a few days to keep it off my chest. Before that it was Becotide. I take it regularly in high Summer, which is when "something" brings out the symptoms. Rest of the year I'm ok. Having once had flu turn to pneumonia, I try not to take chances.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I  have been rather absent from here. A phone call from the Nursing home on Christmas eve to say that Fil had been seen by the doctor and had agreed he could be given morphine if need be as things had reached final stages. BiL was going to their son's for Christmas dinner with grandsons decided not to phone then left it till Boxing day morning. BiL will be here today (from Newmarket). I hope the gods are on our side and they make it in time. Thought I would not share this over Christmas.

Don

Morphine and Zantac were Deb's final prescription, among others. Knocked out the pain and stopped her worrying. I hope FIL goes as peacefully.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning, after a wild windy and ark-buildingly wet night on Fraggle Rock.  Chilly too now, with a mere 4c.

Hope all goes well Mike, I've seen enough of hospitals to last me a while at the moment.

May venture outside today, in the campervan, I can get into that!

Ashers, a greenhouse here would suffer the same, shelter in the shade or suffer the winds across the northern plain of the island. So, Mrs NHN has to manage without one, and the veggie plot gets a rough time.  We have a stand of large sycamores at the bottom of the garden which shelters us from easterlies, but the prevailing westerlies ane not much abated by a bungalow!

Best wishes to those ill over the holidays.

Neil

• Like 1

Morning all,  sorry to hear your news Don, not much else that can be said.  I'm   late on  again, as I've been "playing" (aka modeling!*).   Son is comning to take me to daughters & the Grandkids, shortly ...including the one I've not met. 

Tommrow I've  got an early start & to see if "First Great Western & First Captial conect"......get me to the other side of the country  (& back)......without to many delays....! 

Have a good a day as you can

Trev

*  Esotric kit building.

• RMweb Premium

Tough one Don. Looks like a lot of us here have been there so we know it's no fun.

Weather dreary and so am I. Currently laid up in bed with a knackered back. Don't kow what I've done to it but I can hardly walk. Off to the docs later. Deep joy.

Have a good one all

Cheers

Dave

Sorry to hear your news Don ( other Don) Best wishes for a peaceful end.

Did I mention that my TV was on the blink? Well it's not. It was the decoder.

Tim took me to the provider this morning who/which fixed it so .I'm now OK for the first full cricket test against New Zealand over New Year.

We won the 20/20 series yesterday, the last game  which I had to follow on the radio.