Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I think that's becomes a standard finish to Friday/Saturday nite out   :scratchhead:

Probably explains why the plasticard I want is out of stock.

We have just had a nice chat via Skype with Matthew who has safely recrossed the Rockies by bus. Matthew may visit his friends in Vancouver but he doesn't intend to visit any ski resorts again in the near future. He is looking forward to his New Year trip to Montreal.

Tony

• Like 3

Safely home after our round trip to the inlaws and outlaws!

Nothing eventful to report apart from a fallen tree about a mile from our home resulting in a detour around some of the infamous Devon lanes to reach our place.

And rain for most of the day in all three counties through which we travelled!

• Like 4

Vancouver was a beautiful city, once. Spoilt by the usual cast of A-Holes....

Look forward to seeing what he thinks of Montreal. More European, I think. I forgot to add that Montreal is getting part of the same snow we're getting today so it should look pretty...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Just about caught up on here.  No time to think about modelling or plasticard.  Most of day revolved around cups of tea and food.  With my gammy arm and shoulder, roles have switched this Christmas so I've had the laying table type jobs while the kids have done the cutting and chopping, baking and roasting.  Brilliant.

Techno improvrments - found some LED candles for my lanterns (previous Christmas presents) - no smoke/smell/H&S issues.  Spot on. 

I lost.  Had a scratch card tagged to Christmas present from son.  £Nil.  Add lots of 0s and still £00000000000000000000000000000 (Nil)   opening-christmas-gift-smiley-emoticon.g

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Look forward to seeing what he thinks of Montreal. More European, I think. I forgot to add that Montreal is getting part of the same snow we're getting today so it should look pretty...

Best, Pete.

I'm hopeful that Matthew won't have the same problems as he did at Big White. They should have electricity and hot water for showers in Montreal. His friends who are at Simon Fraser in Vancouver are coming to visit him in Calgary. Matthew did indicate that the people making his holiday unpleasant weren't from the American continent!

Tony

As an imm-grunt to Vancouver, I resemble that!! :angry:

Edited by pH
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Blustery outside with a fairly threatening cloud cover to match, but since I'm inside with a cup of coffee, I don't mind. Should make launching rockets rather interesting, assuming the wind will last till New Year's Eve!

Old Years Night!

There will be a gathering after supper. Bring own drinks, glasses, ice and a plate of snacks

Sounds like fun, Don, but a bit far to travel.

Our daughter & SiL arrive later today, with William (aged 2) & Alice, now 8 wks (born on Halloween) so won't be on here too often in next few days.

Enjoy the "day of rest"!

Good Sunday morning. It was fully overcast but blue now appearing between clouds. Some rain (3mm) possible.

Old Years Night!

There will be a gathering after supper. Bring own drinks, glasses, ice and a plate of snacks

...and it's repeated again tomorrow night.  That's some party Don.  :drink_mini:

Just wondering how one manages the items required for admission to Don's party.

Put the cubes in an ice pocket, drinks in hand and plate of nibbles balanced on head?

Should be a Mr Bean sketch in there somewhere.

Yesterday the lunch was enjoyable and presents were a hit.

The kids are of the age where they've started to grow rapidly but still acting as 6 and 8 year olds (and why not?).

Much Wittering will remain on the back burner for a while yet.

Their Grandma was quite well behaved after ordering three extra cushions, a brandy and ginger ale and a sticky toffee pudding.

• Like 2