Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I've now moved my PC into Jills, so I'm more at home here and when we eventually live together full time it's one thing less to move. It also means I can - hopefully - start scanning my collection of negatives again.

load

1-2-3-4 ..... save

reload

5-6-7-8 ..... save

reload

It might take a while.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Luckily its plastic plumbing, so it was a couple of minute's work to strip down the U bend and there was the stretcher.  But of course it was covered in gunk, so holding it firmly in my left hand I gave it a quick rinse in the sink.........

Bill

Has the water appeared anywhere noticeable ?  In the past I have emptied the water from the bucket that I collected the blockage in down the sink before replacing the trap.

• Like 4

Last day of 2012!.

Not too bad a year with it's fair share of ups and downs.

Compared to many other ERs I think it was remarkably smooth for which I am truly thankful.

Biggest event was moving into the home, which has worked very well so far.

Partly cloudy and cool today 24C, wind 35kph

Best wishes for a better, happier 2013 to ALL ERs!

• Like 10

And to you, Don.

Very, very cold here in NYC. It's 12:41am and down to 22f already. At least the wind has dropped away.

Really enjoyed playing my '52 "Blackguard" Telecaster tonight - the guitar was in fine fettle.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Forecast to dry up here by 2pm.

I don't know why the weather should be any different today.

Would help if I'm not carrying tables in a hurricane but I was hoping the fireworks would be rained off.

I forgot to say what a neat job the surgeons did on 'Alice's' arm.

Quite an extensive wound but I'm sure it will fade with time.

Very mild here in Hanover this morning.

Today we take the train to Cologne, Brussels for a few beers in Delirium then Eurostar home.

Tomorrow will be spent working on some new TT stock bought in Prague for our Czech layout.

Try a Kolsch in Koln. Any of them are good!

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I seem to have contracted another sniffle. Humph... Nothing much to report as of yet – thankfully, we got all our purchases for New Year done on Saturday. Shops will be open till about 2 pm today and I wonder how much we'll be seeing in terms of firework. Of course, the usual collection of numpties that's been blasting firecrackers early in the morning has been out already, too.

Has the water appeared anywhere noticeable ?  In the past I have emptied the water from the bucket that I collected the blockage in down the sink before replacing the trap.

Only the floor.  Luckily it's tiled and was due a mopping anyway.

Bill

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Running a bit early by recent standards - although the days of being up at 6 before walking the dog and off to work by 7 are long gone!

Dreary morning with a breeze. Quite looking forward to seeing the back of 2012 - worst year of my life, obviously. 2013 can hardly be worse!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Wet and windy outside. I can echo Ian's thoughts on 2012.

Not looking forward to tonight the expected fireworks will terrify the dogs again.

Wishing everyone a better year in 2013.

Don

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Late today, Jills daughter couldn't sleep and was "hot and bothered" until about 03:00 so not much sleep, working today although this is just monitoring emails.

Dull day weather wise.

Have a good day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Raining, cloudy, breezy at the moment. The weather forecast suggests mainly dry for the rest of the week.

We won't be celebrating the New Year in any party attending sense . Even if we had been invited we would probably have declined due to post-viral lethargy. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Late today, Jills daughter couldn't sleep and was "hot and bothered" until about 03:00 so not much sleep, working today although this is just monitoring emails.

We had the dealing with feverishness over Christmas, though it was by Skype and BBM and included sending the Canadian names (generic and brand) for paracetamol to Matthew after a bit of Googling. Matthew informed us he had some in his suitcase and did then take some. He is off to Montreal today. I'm looking forward to his impressions of the city, I know it is somewhere Aditi would like to visit.

• RMweb Premium

snip<

BTW, Neil, the zimmer stage isn't a bundle of laughs - nor is going up and down stairs on your bum, which normally accompanies the zimmering.  However, it does make sure that you don't put weight onto a recently repaired joint, and it does speed recovery - I was meant to be on a zimmer for 6 weeks, but complications meant it was much longer, but the end result was a better outcome, so just hang on in there.

I'm off as I haven't had a good look round for a few days.

Regards to All

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Message received!  Luckily we have a bungalow, bought as Mrs NHN has a bad knee and we don't intend to move again.  This period is frustrating but as you say I have to take care now to allow the joint to heal.  One more week of no weight bearing and then I can take those damn DVT stockings off too!  Then we're beginning flexion past 60 degrees and partial weight bearing, if I can get down to one crutch that will be so helpful, i will be able to carry something without using the zimmer!

Sorry about the wind, but it's been even worse here overnight, and is still howling.  The garden railway is losing it's ballast!

Best regards to all for New Year, we shall celebrate by being sound asleep hopefully, and may those who suffered this year have a better 2013.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very wet & windy here & it looks like it'll be like that for the rest of the day.

For the first time in many many years Chris & I will be spending New Year's Eve alone & TBH we are quite looking forward to it. Over the years we have celebrated the New Year in all sorts of ways but have decided that just for once we will enjoy a bit of peace & quiet.

I hope that all those with problems find a solution to them & wish everyone a Very Happy New Year. 

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

We had the dealing with feverishness over Christmas, though it was by Skype and BBM and included sending the Canadian names (generic and brand) for paracetamol to Matthew after a bit of Googling.

I personally prefer ibuprofen as I never felt paracetamol to have much of an effect.