The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

And 5 Inniskilling DG, plus those from north of the border who wear stripey stuff.

For those not in the know, 'and from that day on, they always wore brown trousers' was the punch line from a joke concerning a Royal Marine and French Infantry officers.

I thought it better to poke fun at myself rather than make a seemingly racist comment about the poor old Frogs.........

Whoops

My French Connection will let you off... :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

The army these days wear black, green, brown, white..( or the sandy version)  trousers all at the same time aka camoflage seemingly these days even on parade, having seen them on TV marching through Colchester on parade..

Hummph...  i've double booked myself, I'm supposed to be on duty on the Saturday of the end of season dinghy regatta weekend. At the same time I'm supposed to be driving to Scotland to visit my parents.. I'll have to delay the Scottish trip for a week....
..it now means I'll Drive back from Scotland on the Thursday and report to the MRC of the Friday for Show Setting up duties.. I'll be knackered on the Saturday for the Show..

Time to fill in a holiday cancellation form and a submission form.(online)

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I thought it better to poke fun at myself rather than make a seemingly racist comment about the poor old Frogs.........

Whoops

Have you suddenley had an injection of good taste. Such sensitivities have never stopped you in the past.

1 hour ago, southern42 said:

My French Connection will let you off... :D

Mine won't though.   

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 10
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Greetings from Cafe Lombard, Brussels. A rather uneventful Eurostar journey on one of the remaining  refurbished 373 units. The seats are merde but the ride is better than the new Siemens 374s. 

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Perhaps it doesn’t have a CD player. Not all cars do now. 

Tony

Mine does, thank goodness.  If the new Polo had not been thus equipped there would have been no sale.  It is no secret that I depend on the music of my choice for in-car entertainment and it comes in CD form.  More often than I realise I am lucky enough to get the artist to sign the CDs.  Try doing that on a download.

Chris

• Like 15
  • Agree 4

On 22/08/2019 at 07:55, Kingzance said:

What no Rainbow VW 

No chance.  I had enough trouble getting a white one!  Seriously though, there are times when I feel ostentatious and times when I don't.

Chris

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land - sun predicted for this afternoon...

Work on the terrace patio decking progressing - between drizzly showers...

The top of the wall is not as even as it looks but we are getting there - slowly.

Play stopped for lunch...

Best wishes to all

_______

Polly

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

greetings all from an increasingly warm LBG.

I daren't look at the cricket for a while after seeing Roy prove he is no opener and Root not a number 3.

this weekend sees the in laws descend on mass, starting today and lasting until Tuesday. The question is did I buy enough red wine to keep the FiL supplied. Maybe not is the worry. We only have about 15 bottles. And I will want some of that!

I was most disappointed when I could no longer get a 6 CD changer installed in the boot of a replacement car. I have however taken to allowing my ipod to connect to the music system, but only when I am on my own. The rest of the family's music taste is less enlightened than my own and they tend to object.

have a good weekend all

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

I was most disappointed when I could no longer get a 6 CD changer installed in the boot of a replacement car.

I think the multi CD players disappeared when cars started being equipped with  hard drive and one could copy about 10 cds to the disc. Mine can do that but it is easier just to plug an old iPod in. The car audio seems to understand iPods. If instead of an iPod you just want to use a usb stick the car has a Gracenote library so puts all the track names up. However Aditi and I just chat most of the time. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Generic greetings to most - special mention for Sandy and John, and also great to see Debs posting again.  Too much water has gone under the ERs bridge (again) for me to be able to comment on every post, but they have been read and rated.

Just waiting for 30747's Niece who is coming up for her annual visit over the bank holiday - she normally manages to be delayed, and today is no exception - she is currently on the 9S77 which was CAPEd due to a train failure, and returned to Euston for a substitute unit, and Real Time Trains is showing that it is now pathed as a DMU instead of an EMU, and then last seen, was running 80 late at Rugby.  However, she said that it might cut out the Coventry, B'ham and Wolves stops, and run up the main to Crewe to try to make up time.  So I'll just have to wait and see, and when she phones, which we agreed she'd do at Warrington, giving me about 40 minutes to get to the station to pick her up.

As she's visiting, and we normally take her out and about, I will probably not be able to keep up to speed.

Back sometime

Regards to All

Stewart

Edit - not showing on RTT now as having passed Coventry, so it looks as if it is going main line.  Now only 38 down at Crewe so it did go main line, and should be here around 17.45

Edited by 45156
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

1 minute ago, Debs. said:

Does that herald the characteristic sound of an English International cricketing Summer; that of leather on stump!

Followed by the gentle twin thuds of bails on the turf.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Debs. said:

Does that herald the characteristic sound of an English International cricketing Summer; that of leather on stump! :unsure:

It's always nice when someone quotes you and adds to your post - but one from Debs is a ray of sunlight breaking through some of the clouds we have recently had.

As someone has already said Debs, pull up your chair (it's always been here although empty of late)  and stay awhile.

• Like 5
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well she arrived - only 45 minutes late - appears that the 390 failed at Camden, then after eventually being reset, ran back to Euston, where it was replaced by another 390 - not as I feared for her a Voyager, and left 75 down, then had to make an unscheduled stop at Rugby, as many of the passengers who had been advised that the service would not be runninng via Brum still got on, and had to be detrained to change there.

So she was only 37 down at Lancaster, and all's well that ends well.

• Like 15