The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Crimson Rambler (AKA Adrian from Aberystwyth so you can both take the p**s about the rugby), Pete Kibble and possibly Bob Essery. Another possibility is Paul Karau. 

Dave

Would you like me to wear my red Wales shirt again so you can see me easily?  Although being in Telford I suppose I ought to wear the away kit.

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Would you like me to wear my red Wales shirt again so you can see me easily?  Although being in Telford I suppose I ought to wear the away kit.

You know how they used to paint the gundecks of Nelsonian warships red so that the blood didn't show............. ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, bbishop said:

How typical, an umpire who cannot count to six.  You have missed out the Pakistani Test at Manchester.  So all the major grounds get at least one Test .....

Probably today is my last game at Lord's this season , discounting the slight possibility of a T20 quarter final; which could be interesting as they start to demolish the Compton and Edrich stands tomorrow!

Bill

Headingley is the major ground...no test but London gets 3...and Bill the square at Lords is very, very poor at the moment as it has been for a while. 

After bits of rain today it was a good day for most but my umpiring colleagues had very bad days at the office. Poor decision making, allowing the batsman dictate condition, missed no balls, poor positioning and the 4th umpire had a mare as wel.

Still with a target of about 350 we shall see how England gol

Sleep well and have a great day tomorrow.

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Greetings all from a sunny LBG.

I had my company medical yesterday afternoon. I had some trepidation given that it followed hard on the heels of nearly 3 weeks in the US, with all that implies for waistline, cholesterol etc etc. Compared to this time last year (coincidentally to the day) I was half a stone lighter, lower BP, lower cholesterol (and ratio of good to bad maintained an excellent rating) and so I was somewhat surprised and relieved. Usual tellings off for drinking alcohol and being fairly sedentary, and usual suggestions for taking more exercise, which I intend to take up. But then you know what they say about intentions....

I see rain is showing why there are less tests up north.....although I understand part of the reason is that no b*gger goes to them; things must have changed since I last a test at Headingley; it was full then.

Pack3d today apart from one bit of hospitality who all stayed inside..corporate drinking....

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Crimson Rambler (AKA Adrian from Aberystwyth so you can both take the p**s about the rugby), Pete Kibble and possibly Bob Essery. Another possibility is Paul Karau. 

Dave

Kindly give the latter possibility my regards should he put in an appearance.  It's a year or three since I last saw him although we go back a very long way (something in excess of half a century - crikey, sounds frightening when you put it like that).

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sunny with aome very dark clouds here at the moment.

Off to Headingley to see if England can bat.

Have a great say ..for those travelling over the next few days..hope it goes well!

Positive thoughts to all who ail!

Baz

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Barry O said:

Apart from the Cherry pickers :jester:

And 5 Inniskilling DG, plus those from north of the border who wear stripey stuff.

For those not in the know, 'and from that day on, they always wore brown trousers' was the punch line from a joke concerning a Royal Marine and French Infantry officers.

I thought it better to poke fun at myself rather than make a seemingly racist comment about the poor old Frogs.........

Whoops

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

When I visited the USS Texas the tour included an inspection of the loos for the sailors . The first few on each side had red seats. According to the guide, for the use of those with venereal diseases.

• Informative/Useful 15

6 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

When I visited the USS Texas the tour included an inspection of the loos for the sailors . The first few on each side had red seats. According to the guide, for the use of those with venereal diseases.

.......and the toileting destiny of those similarly affected, but with red/green colour blindness? :mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue with a few white clouds dotted about. As it’s Friday that means there will be a visit to the Trafford Centre, this morning I will not be alone, so we will no doubt be out a lot longer than if I do the trip on my own. I’m now glad I pre-ordered the pies and a pastie the other day!

There are no plans for the afternoon, so probably (hopefully) I’ll get to put my feet up for an hour or so before the arrival of James and Amelia for tea, which tonight is steak and ale pie with chips. 

Enjoy the sunshine if you have it, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Funny 1