The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, pH said:

you really should have blanked out the station name)

It wasn't mean't to be challenging. The picture file names are obvious as well.

EDIT: 

I spent most of my mornings during my University days on that platform. During that time there were three versions of coaches - the Edwardian slam door wooden stock, stainless steel stock from the northside and the first generation EMUs. The platform height was raised as well.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The picture file names are obvious as well.

I didn't look at those - doh!

Edited by pH
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, brianusa said:

You will be happy to know that the usual hordes of catalogues are being delivered by USPS; one can only hope your mail box is big enough, ours has to be emptied very day!

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It certainly is not large enough. I put a hold on my mail. I expect to come home with as many as two of the standard tubs used by the USPS.

Having made it to the post office I returned with my spoils from 11 delivery days (less than two weeks). It weighed in at about 30 lbs / 13 kg. It would have fit in one tub, but a bit much for the tray.

Mail.PNG.c7434799740a4b4698db7a18ce8bbc0e.PNG

• Like 5
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Morning All,

It is rather mild again this morning - but appears to be quite clear.  I think it should be quite a nice day.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sounds like it is dry outside at the moment. Long may this continue! 

It would appear I have "housework" to do today..however preparations for our exhibition this weekend are necessary. Could be I risk the wrath of her indoors...gulp!!!

Positive thoughts to all who ail or are missing ..nice to see some of our ERs returning !

Its a JDI day good people!

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Sew am I... But only as far as repairing sails is concerned,

https://www.sailmakerssupply.com/product/sewing-awl/gift-ideas

I used to have something like that. My dad gave me it (likely bought via the ads in the Sunday Express) but I've no idea where it is now. I seem to remember it was:

The "Awl You Need".

• Like 11
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

just started to rain

Felling better after the Epidural no 4 am wake up for pain killers, I slept till 8am caught up on the news whilst taking breakfast catching up with 2 days of WT's, for Christ sake has anyone 

seen Chrisf's frets :biggrin_mini2: 

Of to walk the hound a bit later then to the new Quackery for blood letting, I had a canular in the hand yesterday and the kind nurse left no bruising bless her.

Yesterday I found out a rough timeline on the moving front, 6 weeks to go and I won't have to clap eyes on the slapped #rse anymore.:yahoo:

Better get on enjoy your day  :superman: Ima Appiman.  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Late up this morning so I must have needed the kip. As the weather is fi e, I've already put my wetsuit on the line to dry. A start has also been made on putting more varnish on the shelves.

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

OOh the fancy new Monitor on the wall  infront / above me is all up and running.

Temperature zone 1, 23.21C

Temperature Zone 2, 21.9 C

Temperature Zone 3, 22.21 C

Temperature Zone 4, 22.54C

Airconditioner supply temp, 22.41C

Average lab temp  22.53C

Mains frequency, 49.97Hz

Mains Voltage 222.88VAC

Each reading has a graph running across the screen of the last 2 days readings..

All in my little 15ft square lab..

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon from a sunny NEHerts,

Yesterday’s scheduled tasks were satisfactorily completed, even if the bloodsucker turned out to be sleepy/incompetent/didn’t like me/didn’t want to be doing the job and my left arm displays plenty of evidence to support that. I tried to book a subsequent GP appointment but none available with the one who has been dealing with me for a while now, maybe some will be released at the end of the week. Cribbage was a good evening, won many more hands than I/we lost.

SWMBO’s motor delivered to local garage for various works inc MoT and service, back late afternoon. Measured up No1 grandson’s bedroom to see if he can get a new Ikea wardrobe where his Mum wants it - yes but with difficulty that only can be resolved by yours truly so next week, when they are all on the Isle of Wight, I shall be busy. At least that is a reason not to spend several days with sister-in-law who always shouts down anyone else in conversation. I may be called upon to transport SWMBO to the preferred supermarket, although we have food for tonight already in the refrigerator - tagliatelle with venison meatballs and a creamy mushroom sauce. Postman has just delivered the magnetic clamps ordered on Monday from Smart Models - good service all round and another excuse for not muddling removed.

Awl hail the ailers and speedy recoveries.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Nice pics from QLD Michael - some of us have been in that part of the world so it was easily sussed ;)

DSCF0070.jpg.13ce86742ccf94d8db1ede9ecedce9d4.jpg

Another quiet day but I shall be required to collect herself from Waitrose after she has shopped following her visit to the hairdresser.  and in teh meanwehile my treat for today will be teh cleaning of vacuum about the ground floor of the house (which I neglected to do yesterday).  So another not entirely busy day.

Enjoy your day one and all

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Greetings all from LBG where the sun has just come out although rain is promised around about the time for the journey home.

Back still aches.

Year end still trundles on.

I've not been a medical student but I do remember the same silliness applying to the dissection of a sprat during Biology O Level. I had very carefully dissected the sprat as instructed, lifting up the operculum to reveal gills etc when the guy who sat next to me said "Lurker" (we knew each other by surnames as it was a boys' school) "you're not doing it right" and proceeded to pick it up and throw across the classroom in the vague direction of the teacher, who as far as I recall never noticed. And I think I would have remembered; Honey Monster was fond of a laugh but if you went too far would punish you in a way that amused the rest of the class. His main one was to grab your hair and tell you stand up off your stool. You would then be instructed to "rotate" which of course ever tightened the hair. His methods would never be accepted today but he was generally loved (as I said, he liked a laugh) and I found him an inspiring teacher, and the reason I chose to do Biology A level (for which he didn't teach me!)

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2