The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, brianusa said:

Living in EQ country, one has to be aware of the problems associated with such calamities that go with the area.  Not only EQs, but various volcanoes dot the PNW ready to do untold damage along with the possible tsunamis.  We are constantly being reminded of the "big one" which I've heard about ever since we came here from CA years ago  Presumably we've been lucky and not experienced any such disastrous catastrophes.

The current virus is bad enough!:help:

Brian.

The 'big one' as I understand it has a huge crater i.e 100s of miles and 'goes' every 600 000 years.  Geologists have noted movement in the form of 'slight tilting' so theoretically it could go at any time now but there would probably be a warning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I attempted to make it to my building society yesterday afternoon only to find that due to COVID-19 they are now shutting at two. I also wanted to go to smiffs which is almost opposite to get the April Backtrack as my subscription doesn't start until May but smiffs was shut as well. One thing I did discover though was that many stores that are still open that normally opened on Sundays such as smiffs are now closed on Sundays. When I went into Tesco's I found a bargain in a small slow cooker marked down from £18 to £9. The only thing wrong was a flap was missing from the box. I'm a bit wary of slow cookers as I know of a couple of people who became ill after eating meals from them. Two separate instances but both involving a slow cooker and chicken. I will probably only use it for veggie dishes and then give the food a quick blast of microwaves.

2 hours ago, polybear said:

They spoke to one of the admin staff, and asked what was the hardest part of her job.

The reply?  "Confirming who is, and who isn't entitled to free treatment on the NHS...."

That's about the only part of the programme I can remember, and has always stuck in my mind.

But how many of those turned out to be not entitled? Many that are can have difficulty in proving that they are especially the homeless. It would be easier if we all carried ID cards as the Blair government tried to introduce. But because certain right wing newspapers opposed it they weren't able too, and those same newspapers are the one's complaining about medcal tourism.

2 hours ago, BlackRat said:

Did anyone else love thick school custard with the yellow chewy lumps in it?

If you were lucky you also got the skin...... which I still love!

Skin on custard...YEUK!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

I can't stand thick custard, or the skin.  However our school custard poured like evaporated milk and remained suitably liquid as it cooled - it was the first custard I actually liked and enjoyed.

I'm the opposite Mike, I like chunky custard,:good: don't give me any of that runny stuff, haha:o

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Cold custard with sliced banana in it... food of the gods!

Metalforming pills collected. One person walked  past me and her 8ndoors during our trip. Now cream crackered!

Gardening postponed.

Time for some muddling

Baz

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Cold custard with sliced banana in it... food of the gods!

My Dad is partial to leftover cold custard over his cornflakes for breakfast. I think he eggs my Mum to make too much deliberately. 

She doesn't like custard

• Like 16