Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

In the process of adding more signals to include a 'feather' and chasing the power feeds I inadvertently blew two red/green signals before finding that the original fault was a broken wire.  Thankfully plenty of time (famous last words) before Birmingham's  Arden Hall Exhibition on 31st October to sort out.  My favourite model railway shop surprisingly did not have any in stock.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Slow work finding the time to alter and repair but the Train Tech buffer stops have illuminated the layout and of course a bonus is that there is a permanent check that the track has power.  Will try to take some pictures.  Looking forward to Arden Hall in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Slow work finding the time to alter and repair but the Train Tech buffer stops have illuminated the layout and of course a bonus is that there is a permanent check that the track has power.  Will try to take some pictures.  Looking forward to Arden Hall in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, Peter

I must say it's looking good now Peter, a far cry from when I had it, remind me to bring my camera up to Club on Tuesday and I'll get some shots as well.

Well since I sold Deesdale Road to Peter back in August 2012 at the Midland Railex Exhibition he has added another 2ft and a multitude of extra lights. Platform Lights and now Buffer Lights as well as a couple of extra Signals. Its now lit up like a Christmas Tree, although the Roads and Buildings are not on the Layout you get a good impression of how it now looks.

post-9335-0-15974600-1445373015_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21724500-1445373034_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39040400-1445373051_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38177100-1445373072_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27636100-1445373089_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16411800-1445373106_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73874400-1445373126_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95513900-1445373148_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39759000-1445373170_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88968300-1445373202_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Thanks for these pictures.  Photographs 1, 3, 4, 7 and 10 make Deesdale Road look really great ... with the scenery from Coopers Dale and Marston on the left in 1, 4, 7 and 10 and part of the Coopers Dale track on the right in 3 making a fantastic background.

Managed to get the double R/G 2 aspect signal in and working before leaving so since locomotive running did not show up any track problems tidying up is now all, hopefully, that's left before next week.

Cheers, Peter 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Enjoyable day at Arden Hall (Birmingham MRC organised) with Deesdale Road.

Bachmann Centro 150 and 153 provided the passenger element perfectly while coal, ballast; iron ore;  petrol tankers and empty wagons were pulled by a number of locomotives 2 x 66; 3 x 60; 1 56; 2 x 37; 2 x 20; 3 x 08 as well as the MPV.  First time running for new buffer lights and added ground and light signals and new full-length curtain with material purchased, made and dyed by Susan.  No layout running problems and many impressive comments helped make the day, assisted by Mick Hall (not an RM member) but an excellent shunter, very enjoyable.  

As always spent more than intended - must stop going to these events!

Peter

Now having to stay up to watch the New Zealand v Australia World Cup Rugby Final might as well go on 'The Web' PBB

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Deesdale Road will be at the Gresley and Wychnor Model Railway Group weekend 10th 11th December 2016 together with the new in progress Utah and Colorado etc. Railway ... American 'O' narrow gauge and the recently RM photographed Coopers Dale and Marston 'OO' club layout which has seen some tremendous changes to the goods yard and village since Easter.  Look forward to seeing some of you.

Deesdale Road was put up for the first time for over a year and with just a dusting 'hoover' tested with a locomotive.  The surprise (?) was that all lights and points worked and a couple of power losses, one of which was a broken wire, at points but otherwise running was sweet.  Obviously work to be done to ensure 'perfect' running over the weekend but a pleasing start.

Cheers, Peter 

PS The 'bad news' concerns the change of dates for Reading ... the same weekend!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

I purchased a 3 aspect Absolute Aspects Signal Green/Red/Feather and it took me ages to work out how to make it work even with some help from club colleagues but ...  Eureka it eventually fully worked.  Then to try it out on Deesdale Road - purpose to indicate whether the locomotive leaving the station area was going to fuel up or visit the fiddle yard.  Initially a disaster, probably because I had soldered so many combinations that by now there were some dry joints.  Andy purchased some new switches for me from Manchester and with a redo now knowing exactly what was needed a replacement 'control' system was made up - it worked!

Photographs attached but apologies for poor focusing on the last one.  

It can be seen in operation this weekend at our Gresley and Wychnor Mince Pie Weekend 10th and 11th December  1000-1600 hours.

Cheers, Peter

Edit - spelling corrections PBB

post-12576-0-71218700-1480980021_thumb.jpg

post-12576-0-68855900-1480980046_thumb.jpg

post-12576-0-13300300-1480980061_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It was great to meet up with you again Peter. Thank you for making the kids feel very welcome. The eldest, at 6 years old, was very impressed with the signal with the feather... particularly as the loco didn't pass it until it went green! The younger one, at 4, was just impressed with the noises!

It was also good to meet Duncan, emt_911, for a very brief hello before I was dragged away to look at Thomas!

All in all it was a really nice morning and the kids loved the nearly two hours we spent there and want to come back in April even if there's no mince pies! Thank you again to you and all at the G&WMRG.

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great to see you again Neil and Duncan - well you (he) was such a great help in running Coopers Dale as well as pleasing our trader.  Most of the Deesdale Road running was left to Mick Hall, cannot remember his RMweb tag, which performed well under his guidance. 

post-12576-0-40360300-1481417164_thumb.jpg

post-12576-0-36128600-1481417204_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Peter

Just remembered - MH is 'Beefy'  PBB

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 4

Peter. Many thanks for letting me operate Deesdale Road today. It is certainly superb and well worth the effort put into it. I spent over 3 hours operating and hadn't even realised what the time was.

Can you please thank all the member of the club for making me very welcome which made for an enjoyable weekend.

Again, many thanks

• Like 1