Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Nice to see Deesdale Road at Stafford today, lovely layout and nice to have a brief chat with the operators.

Hi yes I remember you, and it was good to have a chat with you and about Werrinton Road as well, thanks for popping by and also you kind comments..

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter

Sounds like you had a good day with Andy and George assisting / encouraging. Hope tomorrow goes better for you

Thanks Duncan.  Yes, a much better day overall.  It started with one or two 'dry joint' repairs, the 'isolation' of yesterday's point problem and the replacement of a point motor.  This point itself then failed and of course could not be replaced (Sods Law) at the time.  John M found a well tried solution to keep it 'open' - Bluetak!.  Andy's wizardry and John's dexterity coupled with Mike's assistance and his adeptness at providing tea at appropriate times made the day enjoyable.  Naturally enough I spent 'over budget' but ...  Thanks too to the quality of service given by Stafford Railway Circle making it a very worthwhile event.

Peter BB

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good to meet up with Peter, Andy and George on Deesdale Road. Sorry to hear about the niggles you were having during the day, but it was good to chat on the few occasions I got away from the stall. Sorry that I didn't take more picture... I obviously stopped snapping when I was talking! But here are a few...

Firstly a quick shot across the platform. Presumably I climbed a fence here to get this shot.

attachicon.gifIMG_3648.JPG

This is actually my favourite view on the layout... I'm a sucker for bridges and greenery!

attachicon.gifIMG_3649.JPG

Finally I had to take one of the posh lights on Andy's new monster...

attachicon.gifIMG_3650.JPG

Hope you have a good second day. Very sorry I can't make it there today.

Kind regards, Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the pictures and the wishes for a better day - it proved to be so after the repairs - stated in my reply to Duncan.

Peter

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I had a great day yesterday, it was great to meet Peter, Andy and George, and despite the problems Deesdale road performed great.

I especially liked the '59, it was sat in the fuelling point idling for most of the day, but still sounded great. The MPV also had sound, but the 59 was better. IIRC one of Andy's 37s had sound too which was obviously the best! :yes:

here are some of my pictures, I really like the close up of the 59 personally:

attachicon.gifIMG_8741RMweb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8789RMweb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8807RMweb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8811RMweb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8812RMweb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8831RMweb.jpg

I hope the problems were sorted yesterday and it ran fine today!

Regards,

Jack. :locomotive:

Thanks Jack, like the pictures - just a pity your 'mobile summons' took place just before your personal view of the 'old 59' running.

Peter

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see Deesdale Road at Stafford today, lovely layout and nice to have a brief chat with the operators.

Now I know who 50030 is in the flesh.  Thanks for coming by and for your kind comments - look forward to seeing Werrington Road sometime.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

In answer to a question above ... Deesdale Road will be at Bingham MRC on 18th and 19th April; GCR (Quorn)  20th 21st and 22nd June; GCRN (Nottingham) 1st 2nd August and potentially Birmingham later in the year.

Hope that helps, cheers, Peter

Hi Guys,

In answer to a question above ... Deesdale Road will be at Bingham MRC on 18th and 19th April; GCR (Quorn)  20th 21st and 22nd June; GCRN (Nottingham) 1st 2nd August and potentially Birmingham later in the year.

Hope that helps, cheers, Peter

Good selection mate, I should be able to make it to GCR Nottingham in August at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having a few problems but hopefully a picture will appear.  Wagon Dapol Network Rail IOA with load side and top views.

Will try to photograph Hornby TTS Sound NR 37 tomorrow.

Cheers,Peter

Edit  Hi  Guys,

Found  out how to improve image ... hope they appear.

PS Hatton's have said that they will send a spare of the part that shattered (the bogie) - that's what I call service!

Cheers, Peter

post-12576-0-78218600-1424465419.jpg

post-12576-0-56514100-1424465438.jpg

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 5

Morning Peter and George, I agree George the Wagons look nice but I think Deesdale will need a Scrap yard as Peter has PM'd me to say he's had a slight mishap and now only ONE of the THREE wagons remain in tact. :O  :O :o  

They were fine when I left the Club last night :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

• RMweb Gold

post-12576-0-89966900-1424466375_thumb.jpgpost-12576-0-18354100-1424466394_thumb.jpgpost-12576-0-83406500-1424466405_thumb.jpgWell guys,

Hattons have said they will send a spare for the IOA so look forward to receiving it.  Tried to find the spare 37 cabin and ended up tidying my stock and using the boxes from George T at Stafford to store some in - need more George!  Did not find the cab but found some wagons that have been 'in store' for 30 years with 3-links! and of course just about all needing some repair ... not my strong point.

As promised I will attach a couple of photographs of the TTS 37.  Great sound until it runs ... did I say runs?  Tried it out at the club with Andy - it started travelled a bit then stopped loss of all sound and then rapid travel in the opposite direction before coming to a stop.  Hornby said change CV8 (back) to "8" and tried again.  Just in case it is the club track because a lot of work has been going on will try again at the weekend with other locomotives ...if they work will then send TTS 37 onto Hornby as they have suggested.

In the meantime a photograph or two.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hornby have returned the loco and it has run on the club layout on a few complete circuits so it would appear to be OK and the sound - great.  There were times when it slowed, stopped and then ran on but with no sound.  Pressing F1 again started it.  At present it is probably OK but the track and its power supply needs looking into - planned and some track cleaning hs taken place tonight.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The 37/97 has had a write up in RM ...which says that many are taking out the sound and putting it into another loco or just changing the body.  In the caae of the latter I can confirm that it will not take too much 'loading' having observed it at our G&WMRG Easter Event stationary but with with the wheels turning.  I like it and bought a trio of 'suitable wagons' as above from Hattons.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Enjoyable South Nottingham Exhibition this weekend.  The problems of Stafford with two burnt out point motors was a thing of the past with replacement point and modified inter-board electrical contact so the weekend went well and we secured a creditable 3rd of 14.  Mike Kelly's Northdown was voted best layout.  Our newest club member Graham Steward assisted on Saturday and today with no club member then able to assist I had a highlight when my wife as a first time user of DCC controlled locomotives, and to my knowledge ever of running model railways of any kind, agreed to help me out and proved to be a natural.  She found the Bingham Club members very friendly and helpful even if the view of the role of women in some cases was a bit antiquated!

Towards the end of the weekend the 'inaccessible' point caused some derailments so a further rethink of that fuel station fiddle yard end will take place.

I was able to take a couple of pictures but in clearing away I seem to have packed my camera.  In the event that it is soon found I will post any pictures taken.

Great also to see Neil (RM Web Anotheran) and see his nephew spend a little time running the layout.

Cheers, Peter

PS Met the organiser of the the Great Central Railway Event in June and am looking forward to it.  PBB

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Enjoyable South Nottingham Exhibition this weekend.  The problems of Stafford with two burnt out point motors was a thing of the past with replacement point and modified inter-board electrical contact so the weekend went well and we secured a creditable 3rd of 14.  Mike Kelly's Northdown was voted best layout.  Our newest club member Graham Steward assisted on Saturday and today with no club member then able to assist I had a highlight when my wife as a first time user of DCC controlled locomotives, and to my knowledge ever of running model railways of any kind, agreed to help me out and proved to be a natural.  She found the Bingham Club members very friendly and helpful even if the view of the role of women in some cases was a bit antiquated!

Towards the end of the weekend the 'inaccessible' point caused some derailments so a further rethink of that fuel station fiddle yard end will take place.

I was able to take a couple of pictures but in clearing away I seem to have packed my camera.  In the event that it is soon found I will post any pictures taken.

Great also to see Neil (RM Web Anotheran) and see his nephew spend a little time running the layout.

Cheers, Peter

PS Met the organiser of the the Great Central Railway Event in June and am looking forward to it.  PBB

That's all good news Peter, well done mate, I'll see you Tuesday Night at Club all being well. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

Was great to meet you again in Cotgrave yesterday, and your wife. You made Aidan an extremely happy eleven year old. Even his sister was impressed with the sound as he drove the DMU and the 008s around, though she's only normally interested in the scenic stuff. Fortunately he's fairly realistic about his pocket money (and how far Christmas and birthday's can stretch when his other hobby is sailing!) so is content to continue with DC and no sound on his small layout that we (and his dad!) are slowly putting together. Though I suspect that now he's bitten it will nag away...

Good to see Deesdale Road again, and glad to hear that the troublesome point from Stafford is fixed. But, of course, you'd start getting bored if you didn't have the derailing problem with the other one appearing! As always, it was a pleasure to talk and to hear some of your ideas of where you may go next with the layout.

Thanks again for giving Aidan the chance to operate... he was grinning all the way home!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The 'invisible point' problem.  Have experimented with turning the fuel end through a right angle but it would make the fuelling depot side more than 6' long; using  a curved point to make it 'shorter' the radius would have been too small.  Now looking at extending by approximately 2 feet with a cutting between two roads at the 'joins'.  We will see how it goes ... will the change be in place for Quorn?  If it proves practical - yes but if not day three might be quite tiresome.

Peter

• Like 1