Warren Lane

bugs bunny

• RMweb Premium

That was a nice line up picture of the three classes. I like the yard shots as well the crane in the last shot looks really bright in the sunshine. Almost looks new. Good selection of containers in there as well. Have you noticed any change in traffic levels since the new thamesport facility has started operation?

Hi Wareen Lane

What a fantastic layout you have. I really like the look of your OLE… (and your cranes of course). May I ask a couple of questions.

1) I assume the OLE is custom built. Can you recall what materials you used? Im doing some heavy research before building mine as it needs to look top dollar an not mangled string!

2) How do you accommodate for the gaps in the baseboard and splitting your OLE, as I cannot see any breaks in it! 

Cheers

Dan

Hi Wareen Lane

What a fantastic layout you have. I really like the look of your OLE… (and your cranes of course). May I ask a couple of questions.

1) I assume the OLE is custom built. Can you recall what materials you used? Im doing some heavy research before building mine as it needs to look top dollar an not mangled string!

2) How do you accommodate for the gaps in the baseboard and splitting your OLE, as I cannot see any breaks in it! 

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan

The Catenary uses different materials

The lattice type is 1mm brass angle with .5mm cross members

This bit was damaged after a show but its a nice close up off construction

post-9211-0-78521000-1406888394_thumb.jpg

The plane masts are made from H section brass

The contact wire is .4 nickle silver

The next time Warren Lane comes out of storage I will take some pictures of the Masts and connections for you.

Yes it is indeed and 312 Drs say they are keeping the Peter Henderson nameplate on it

Funnily enough im mates with a DRS traincrew, 57303 should be next out in DRS, 57301 is somewhere believed in the shed

It probably could keep the name as DRS need to think of names for them!

• RMweb Premium

Er, think elsewhere its been said its the 59 is for DRS not GBRF, so I would imagine some sort of 68 style compass livery?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

The Info that it's gonna be gbrf's loco comes from a post on their Facebook page earlier on today

• RMweb Premium

Ah right, yes just had a look at that, thats pretty conclusive its GBRF then.

Apologies,

Wild Boar Fell

Shame, I was looking forward to a DRS liveried one.

That ok. I agree it would have been cool to see one in the new version of the compass livery.

Archived