Warren Lane

bugs bunny

well i forsee a few problems

1. at £9 ish from c=rail thats £65,000 in containers alone.

2. how much would the legoand timber cost.

3. where would you keep it

just out of interest exactly how long would a container ship of that size be in oo.

small enough to fit inside a C17, purely for transport to show purposes.lol

I will do them for 1/2 that if you build it!

Oh wikipedia puts it at 18,340  20ft containers.

Or is the plan to follow up the Hairy Viking with the Jahre Viking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawise_Giant

Only 19.8ft long.

Best Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Premium

I will do them for 1/2 that if you build it!

Oh wikipedia puts it at 18,340  20ft containers.

Or is the plan to follow up the Hairy Viking with the Jahre Viking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawise_Giant

Only 19.8ft long.

Best Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

i dont have that kinda dedication to build something like that plus i havent got the (by your own pricing £30,000 ish for the containers.

we need that millionaire

ok stephs (my wife sitting behind me) chatting to me in the background about the posts and has just put a connundrem out ther. or another problem with a 17ft container ship.

she said to put it in real context youd nead a layout 5 to ten times as big to make it look really good.

now thats a challenge a 85-170ft oo layout.

anyone know a multimillionaire interested in a serious model railway project. lol

How about Pete waterman or rod Stewart lol

Transporting it shouldn't be a problem, if you have a boat trailer. :jester: There is/was a 1/72 scale kit made of a similar size vessel, the USS Nimitz, the largest model kit ever made.

is that the one that's now in a display cabinet at the big toy and model shop at Snetterton race track?

Only 17ft? I could fit that in my garage ;) I'd have to revise my layout plans to fit any larger vessels on, there is still a plan in my head for a 450+ teu vessel and that alone comes in at 5ft6in long and 1ft wide, doesn't sound much but the viking at just 45in by 8in Is quite heavy and awkward so anything larger would probably need 2 people to move. Besides, I only have 2 dock side cranes, I have no idea how I'd store more for another ship!

Edit: Saw a programme on the Maersk mega ships a while ago, they gave a rough guesstimate on how many boxes they could hold but no definate number. Seen it ranging from 11000 to 18000+ now.

Some Shunter Progress

Mid Essex is only 5 days away so its going to be close

The Hunslet is in Primer

post-9211-0-66473400-1410869341_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-91644800-1410869363_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-39480200-1410869374_thumb.jpg

Had some major problems with a with a new decode and the Hunslets coreless motors.. so went back to ESU Lokpilot v4

It is running sweet again

Much more progress with 08417

post-9211-0-25210000-1410869351_thumb.jpg

The body is a Warren Lane regular but it has an upgraded EM Gauge chassis ultrascale wheels and a TCS stay alive decoder.

Expect to see this on Oldshaw as well as the new Warren Lane (Cockney Rebel)

• RMweb Premium

Some Shunter Progress Mid Essex is only 5 days away so its going to be close The Hunslet is in Primer attachicon.gifWARREN LANE 3 188.jpg attachicon.gifWARREN LANE 3 190.jpg attachicon.gifWARREN LANE 3 191.jpg Had some major problems with a with a new decode and the Hunslets coreless motors.. so went back to ESU Lokpilot v4It is running sweet again Much more progress with 08417 attachicon.gifWARREN LANE 3 189.jpg The body is a Warren Lane regular but it has an upgraded EM Gauge chassis ultrascale wheels and a TCS stay alive decoder. Expect to see this on Oldshaw as well as the new Warren Lane (Cockney Rebel)

Some lovely progress shots there.

Some Shunter Progress

Mid Essex is only 5 days away so its going to be close

The Hunslet is in Primer

WARREN LANE 3 188.jpg

WARREN LANE 3 190.jpg

WARREN LANE 3 191.jpg

Had some major problems with a with a new decode and the Hunslets coreless motors.. so went back to ESU Lokpilot v4

It is running sweet again

Much more progress with 08417

WARREN LANE 3 189.jpg

The body is a Warren Lane regular but it has an upgraded EM Gauge chassis ultrascale wheels and a TCS stay alive decoder.

Expect to see this on Oldshaw as well as the new Warren Lane (Cockney Rebel)

The shunters look brilliant Alan well done can't wait to have a little go on Saturday

Well C6T if it's Twin Falls you want to see it's at the Sudbury exhibition next month come say hello

What dates please Dan? Twin Falls is like an old friend at exhibitions, always notice something new on it though! We've only actually conversed at a Southend gig awhile ago, and to my chagrin I've never chatted to your Dad. Blame Alan!

C6T.

What dates please Dan? Twin Falls is like an old friend at exhibitions, always notice something new on it though! We've only actually conversed at a Southend gig awhile ago, and to my chagrin I've never chatted to your Dad. Blame Alan!

C6T.

Hi mate the Sudbury model railway show is on Saturday 4th October we will be there please come say hello and you can chat to dad this time lol

Is Steve Harley going to Shenfield? His guitarist (at last count) was my old pal Robbie Gladwell (aka Dr. Robert) - who is also from Essex.

That Hunslet is simply but beautifully painted. And I only just put 2 + 2 together to make Dan as part of Twin Falls, big D’oh from me...

Someone taking photos at Shenfield? pretty, please?

Best, Pete.

Archived