post-9211-0-97017800-1420475815_thumb.jpg

37673 again

post-9211-0-72478200-1420475825_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-74165100-1420475837_thumb.jpg

Red strip pair 37672/674 cross at Oldshaw

post-9211-0-55273600-1420475873_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With Ally Pally approaching at the end of the month I figured it's about time I finally fixed the little issue with the 87101 'Stephenson' + 86633 'Wulfruna' locomotive pairing. Wulfruna has kadees fitted in nem pockets, at some shows a while ago I'd occasionally swap out a kadee for a tension lock to allow to do mainline run past speedlink services. I never realised 1 of the kadees was glued in (by coincidence I'd always swapped the unglued end) until 1 day when I pulled the whole nem pocket off the Heljan bogie :( luckily it was all intact, nothing broken, just couldn't refit it.

I took it to Howes a while ago, even they couldn't work out how I'd pulled it off like that. Anyway, tonight I've had the bogie apart and remounted the pocket so she's ready for Ally Pally and can be used paired up on containers once more :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ally Pally is only a couple of weeks away.

We have been doing some major scenic work which will soon be finished

I think it looks better than before (I would say that  :-) but come and see it and make your own mind up.

These pics don't give anything away.

post-9211-0-97387700-1426510986_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-41381800-1426511002_thumb.jpg

new old containers...decals by Matt Richardson 

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ally Pally's fun isn't it?! Maybe tomorrow I'll remember a camera. For those that haven't seen the fruits of Alan's labours today back dating the layout you've missed a treat. Nice work Al, I'll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow (there's an especially nice FLA 5 set it'd be rude not to share ;) )

Well Ally Pally's fun isn't it?! Maybe tomorrow I'll remember a camera. For those that haven't seen the fruits of Alan's labours today back dating the layout you've missed a treat. Nice work Al, I'll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow (there's an especially nice FLA 5 set it'd be rude not to share ;) )

The back dating and other changes are excellent. Had a long chat with Maggie and a conversation with Allen. Very knowledgeable and the team have achieved a lot. Personally, I prefer it to the original.

I knew that I'd taken quite a few photos of Warren Lane today but I certainly didn't think I'd taken that many. I was hoping to post some of them tonight but it will have to wait till tomorrow when I've gone through them all.

It's taken me two days to walk through this thread..... what an amazing journey and an extremely well built and fantastically detailed exhibition layout.

I don't suppose you can remember which page I posted the circuit diagrams on can you?..... ;)

Cheers!

Well Ally Pally is over and it was Superb !

Thank You for all the nice comments that we received from the public, it is really appreciated.

And a special thank you to all the people who gave  up their time to operate Warren Lane 

Matt, Jake, Bill, Ian and  Andrea. Many Many Thanks.

I was so busy I didn't take any pictures of the Railway,  only on set up Friday.

The new 30ft version of WL

post-9211-0-65999300-1427732042_thumb.jpg

Mags with a Sparrow on her shoulder

post-9211-0-56833100-1427732034_thumb.jpg

A fantastic venue

post-9211-0-51223200-1427732064_thumb.jpg

Taking a break

post-9211-0-73257500-1427732051_thumb.jpg

I

It's 'completely shameless plug' time!

So, leading up to Ally Pally I thought 'what my speedlink freights need to make them look more Anglian is some grainflow wagons'. Now, I've won a couple of ebay auctions for 1x Lima and 2x Bachmann 'minibulk' Grainflow wagons (PAA? PAF?) which should turn up in the post anyday now. But what it really needs is the big 90t Grainflow Polybulks......

I'm currently back home in sunny Norfolk (mrs SGs car needed an MOT) so popped in to see the good Anne and Rob in Great Eastern Models in Norwich (told you it was a shameless plug). On their shelves amongst many many other modelling delights they have a good number of the elusive Bachmann Traffic Services Polybulks, I saw none at Ally Pally, they were hiding well! So now to add to the speedlink services at a very reasonable price with loyal customer discount is a pair of these!

post-9147-0-91393300-1427986385_thumb.jpg

Yes I know they're technically 'too small' for what I want them to represent, and don't have Grainflow written on the side but they look the part and are a lovely model! With any luck by WLs next outing they'll have been toned down and in use along with their little 4 wheeled counterparts.

Also, Alan, Anne says she saw you with Oldshaw at the Dereham show with your WL shirt on, she says hello!

Shameless plug for brilliant customer service over.

Archived