RMweb

Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

As I am puzzling out how join my point rodding up (the Wills kit) butt jointing the ends seems to be not a brilliant idea, so I'm thinking of putting a thin strip of plasticard under each joint to reinforce it, I decided to run some trains whilst I was cogitating, this one being on excursion to Slapton pulled by D6331.

post-7090-0-06890900-1387380514_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-77083600-1387380538_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-41546400-1387380563_thumb.jpg

By the way if anybody out there has used the Wills point rodding kit I would be glad to know how you joined each bit of rodding together.

• Like 15

Does anyone know if this Wills rodding is to scale or is it overscale to compensate for its flimsiness? If so could I get away with it on an O Gauge layout?

Alan on another tack are you going to be getting an original Cl22 without head codes when it appears.

I am pleased to say that following a leaving collection at work I now have my O Gauge a Heljan western and what a beauty it is.

Paul R

Edited by pwr

• RMweb Gold

By the way if anybody out there has used the Wills point rodding kit I would be glad to know how you joined each bit of rodding together.

I butt-jointed it but the result isn't very satisfactory - I think your idea of putting a support piece under the joints is a good one.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan

Last race of the year or first race of the year?

I can recall pigeons being released at Bedford Midland Road station, they all swirled about the station like it was Trafalgar Square for a while then just disappeared as they headed home (hopefully).

If you ever get a racing pigeon in your garden, unless you can capture it and read the rings on its legs, do not feed it. If you do it will think it is home and stay. I was informed by one of the racing pigeon societies when we had one in our garden not to feed him......so he went next door where he was fed.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan and Paul

I agree with Paul, I never tire of seeing Wencombe.

It has made me think about my next layout, not to go for the exhibition layout but a stay at home one. Trouble is I keep thinking about different themes, the main conteners are a "complete" branch line based on a CJF plan which appears in the Pweco book of larger track plans. Second one is  a junction station using the track plan from Edington Junction S&DJR but placing it in the middle to east side of the country as an LNWR west to east cross country line.  Or thirdly a bigger version of Hanging Hill with double shed like at Stratford, if you look at Stratford running shed track plan it is a back to front "S" which can have one bend reversed and it becomes a "U" shaped track plan.

I just like the idea that the baseboards are built to the track plan, not to fit in what ever transport is avaiable.

I agree with the above comments, I've been following the Wencombe topic since it first appeared on the old RMweb. Fascinating modelling with lots of pictures just the way we like it :sungum: And I always look forward to the next update! The green diesels and western engines are always nice to see.

Perhaps one day I'll make a start on a new BR W layout with all these kits and modelling supplies I've been collecting over the years. But I'm still unsure which cream and chocolate brown paint to use for buildings and which track to go for.