Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

I like your Manor so much I am tempted to buy one....

Haven't seen it advertised in the local estate agents window, is it a private sale ?

Oh! Sorry, that sort of Manor :)

Morning Alan, such lovely modelling mate, the Manor looks stunning, I just WISH Bachmann would re do it with a nice DCC Chassis. I spoke to the Guy from Bachmann at the Great Electric Train Show and he said there were no signs of a new model yet, such a shame.

Andy and everybody else, I have been thinking about changing the title of the thread for some time, as Wencombe has been gone some two years ago.

I cant believe it's really that long ago, I think I still have the Mag Article in my favourites folder. 

The Name change is a really good one mate.

• RMweb Premium

A couple of shots I've not taken before. Helicopter shots or in todays parlance Drone shots. they show the total length of the layout

attachicon.gifhelicopter shot f1.jpg

attachicon.gifhelicopter shot f2.jpg

That Himuck needs a good home Alan. It couldn't possibly have made it to Kingsbridge Regis as it would have failed miles away near Seaton Junction. :mosking:

Phil

• RMweb Gold

A very good point Peter. Photos I have of Kingswear where the turntable is almost as close to the running line do not show any, Looking again mine is a scale 4-6ft closer. I will fabricate a safety rail.

I would be inclined not to provide a handrail as I suspect that visually it might emphasise how close the turntable is to a running line (which it shouldn't be of course) and I wonder if the  fence might actually be foul of structure gauge, which would look even worse.

(Incidentally the turntable at Kingswear wasn't adjacent to a  running line in any case but I think you can quite reasonably use the relative closeness of it to the adjacent loop to justify your situation at Kingsbridge Regis)

The table at Kingswear was located between a loop, here holding coaching stock, and a siding.  Very close, but no hand rails installed.

post-238-0-59485000-1478446773_thumb.jpg

Was it a vacuum powered table, and therefore there would be no need to provide railings as no one would be walking around the perimeter of the pit?

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The table at Kingswear was located between a loop, here holding coaching stock, and a siding.  Very close, but no hand rails installed.

attachicon.gif7036471081_d41a1dd007_o.jpg

Was it a vacuum powered table, and therefore there would be no need to provide railings as no one would be walking around the perimeter of the pit?

Cant' see any kit for vacuum operation.

But talking of handrails, I don't think I have previously noted that an overgirder turntable should have handrails along the top so that crew can get out of the cab onto the girder and from there by ladder to the pit.

Whist doing a bit of sorting out yesterday came across an old Lima short(40ft?) GUV or CCT. I then remembered that I'd bought some Bachmann LMS bogies to re- bogie it. Luckily I found them almost immediately.

After unplugging the Lima bogies I realised why I had not done before. The Bachmann ones weren't a straight plug in replacement. However I felt my modelling skills had moved on a bit so I thought I'd give it a bash.

Lima bogie on the left Bachmann on the right

post-7090-0-52798700-1478611869_thumb.jpg

As you can see the Bachmann bogie needed building up to as similar Height. Black 1mm plasticard was found. The height needed to a shade over 3mm. 3 small squares were cut and glued over the hole which when all was dry was drilled out using a pin vice large enough to take an 8BA bolt. the same was done to the chassis although this only needed 1mm piece of plasticard. again a hole was drilled to take the said bolt. It was found to be slightly low so a washer was fashioned out of 0.5mm plasticard. That did so bogies were bolted to chassis and body re-attached.

post-7090-0-63336300-1478612494_thumb.jpg

Altogether a satisfying evenings modelling

• Like 16

attachicon.gif7036471081_d41a1dd007_o.jpg

Is that grass growing in the turntable pit?????

If so I want nothing more to do with it!!!!!!

SAD :sadclear: [PS: thanks for your help this afternoon]