Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Wow, two green Westerns. Always looked best in real Swindon colours not that Derby red.

Alan was very lucky to manage to photo two green Thousands together at the end of a single-track branch Clive. I wonder what the odds for that would've been?

Still think maroon with small yellow panels was their best livery though.......... :sungum: 

Pegasus arrives with a local Exeter train.

attachicon.gif4 pegasus arrives.jpg

attachicon.gif5 pegasus arrives2.jpg

Alan

Since you announced the late postscript to the Beeching Report, I think you have possibly spoilt us with the best pics we have seen.

The second in todays struck me as a sublime moment, just as I remember days in Cornwall when my grandparents lived there in the sixties.

I shall miss Kingsbridge, but wish you all the best with your new project. It can, I think, only lead to more rekindled memories, and more inspiration.

TONY

Thought after that rather crowded scene I'd post this.

attachicon.gif11 sheds.jpg

Alan - In looking at these wonderful photos you are posting, and the many positive responses, I wonder whether we could start a 'save Kingsbridge- Regis' campaign , like what happened in the 50s or 60s through the Railway Modeller when Peter Denny was looking at removing the old canal scene from the old Buckingham! The RM web could be a powerful tool for saving this wonderful layout...:)

Anyway, thank you for posting these wonderful photos, it gives many of us great modelling inspiration.

regards Andy R

• Like 2

Alan - In looking at these wonderful photos you are posting, and the many positive responses, I wonder whether we could start a 'save Kingsbridge- Regis' campaign , like what happened in the 50s or 60s through the Railway Modeller when Peter Denny was looking at removing the old canal scene from the old Buckingham! The RM web could be a powerful tool for saving this wonderful layout... :)

Anyway, thank you for posting these wonderful photos, it gives many of us great modelling inspiration.

regards Andy R

Nice one Andy, WELL SAID mate. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Alan - In looking at these wonderful photos you are posting, and the many positive responses, I wonder whether we could start a 'save Kingsbridge- Regis' campaign , like what happened in the 50s or 60s through the Railway Modeller when Peter Denny was looking at removing the old canal scene from the old Buckingham! The RM web could be a powerful tool for saving this wonderful layout... :)

regards Andy R

Hi Andy

Didn't we do that with Mr P's Pencarne, we even held meetings in the back room of the Mason Arms. Is there a good pub in Kingsbridge were the Kingsbridge and Wencombe Preservation Society could have a half a shandy in?

• Like 3

Hi Andy

Didn't we do that with Mr P's Pencarne, we even held meetings in the back room of the Mason Arms. Is there a good pub in Kingsbridge were the Kingsbridge and Wencombe Preservation Society could have a half a shandy in?

:offtopic: Yeah, but the difference is Clive, YOU didn't PAY ME enough money to keep it, hahahha.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

You could use the Armada near the bridge or The Anchor down by the harbour, but I don't think it will do any good.

Hi Alan

The Armada was defeated so going there we might be on a loser, so next Tuesday 8.00pm in The Anchor it is. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Hi Alan

The Armada was defeated so going there we might be on a loser, so next Tuesday 8.00pm in The Anchor it is. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Or a sit in on Alan's doorstep :O hahahahha :no:  :no:  :no:  :stinker:

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Alan

Have a pint for me...Im still in NZ!

regards Andy R

• Like 1

Great Stem pics Alan, please keep the pics coming.

Before I sold Pencarne, I took about 100 plus pics, of all sorts of things, Locos, Buildings etc. It gave me about a Months supply of FRESH pics way after it had gone, I then did a My Favourites series.

It's still looking fresh and interesting mate.

• Like 1