Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Laid a bit more track  on Louville Lane over the weekend, Now only one more point and the 3 way to go. when they are down and the resulting straight pieces I'll tip the layout on its back and join the wires up.

post-7090-0-93868500-1511802161_thumb.jp

post-7090-0-31489300-1511802178_thumb.jp

It's amazing isn't it no matter how carefully (obviously not careful enough) I join the track up I still managed to get one rail on top of the fish plate and only noticed after everything had dried, luckily there was nothing at the other end of the track, so it was no great deal to sort it out. Hence the appearance of the ventilated van, It si now run as soon as track is laid on wet glue to check alignment etc.

I will be posting progress on here as well as in the Cameo Layouts section.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 6

Laid a bit more track  on Louville Lane over the weekend, Now only one more point and the 3 way to go. when they are down and the resulting straight pieces I'll tip the layout on its back and join the wires up.

post-7090-0-93868500-1511802161_thumb.jp

post-7090-0-31489300-1511802178_thumb.jp

It's amazing isn't it no matter how carefully (obviously not careful enough) I join the track up I still managed to get one rail on top of the fish plate and only noticed after everything had dried, luckily there was nothing at the other end of the track, so it was no great deal to sort it out. Hence the appearance of the ventilated van, It si now run as soon as track is laid on wet glue to check alignment etc.

I will be posting progress on here as well as in the Cameo Layouts section.

That saves me looking for it Alan, TBH I had forgot about it, as I never look in the Cameo section. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Maybe I should consider doing the same with Penybont Sidings, hahah

Looking very good though.

Last two points laid, the rest of the track coming towards the engine is just placed at the moment. I feel I have to cut another hole in the end board to allow a easier access to the re-fuel point, the hatched red area in the second photo. This way no loco should get blocked in. I've been listening to you Mr Mortimore.

post-7090-0-87166100-1511892576_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-32078700-1511892600_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Last two points laid, the rest of the track coming towards the engine is just placed at the moment. I feel I have to cut another hole in the end board to allow a easier access to the re-fuel point, the hatched red area in the second photo. This way no loco should get blocked in. I've been listening to you Mr Mortimore.

attachicon.gif3TL f2.jpg

attachicon.gifRefuel point.jpg

Yes I read that too in Tony Wrights Thread, you don't want to upset Mr M, look whats happened on KM. :no:

Looking very good Alan. I like your baseboards.

Despite our mutual RMweb friend trying to stir things I am going to wait until I see the finish product. :read:

• RMweb Gold

I recently discovered this amazing thread, having exchanged mutually supportive posts with Alan on another thread (belonging to a certain Mr Wright).

Since then I have diligently worked through every page  - until, imagine my horror! - I found that Kingsbridge was to be destroyed. What a shame!

I must say that I was impressed throughout with the standard of modelling and what I especially liked was the way in which Alan worked through the timetable, showing in one post after another, the arrivals and subsequent departures of each train as the day progressed.

Whilst this may seem an obvious way to report things - mingled with a smattering of progress reporting - I had not seen it done so well elsewhere and will now certainly steal it as an approach for my own thread.

Despite my recent arrival at Kingsbridge, I shall miss the layout and it is certainly good that it will be preserved through RMWeb and this thread.

I wish the new layout every success and will be following with interest.

Tony

Thanks you very much Tony, I enjoyed building both Wencombe and Kingsbridge and although I did operate it to my timetable, which I also enjoyed compiling. I even wrote an article about it in Railway Modeller a few years ago. However Started "playing" with them less and less, so I thought time for a complete change.

• Like 1

Have spent the last few days making a simple small control panel and wiring the refuelling yard. It all worked. I still have to lay the two lengths of track on the upper section.

A poor quality photo of control panel.

post-7090-0-98659700-1513025368_thumb.jpg

For a bit more info see my thread in the Cameo Layouts section.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 3

A more in focus photo of the still incomplete control panel, now the two top lines re laid I will be able to complete it. At the moment beginning to make the cassettes for the fiddleyard.

post-7090-0-41626100-1513283449_thumb.jpg

I could not resist placing Bulldog and van on one of the new cassettes as if reversing into the parcels platform.

post-7090-0-08148100-1513283588_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-45409900-1513283606_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...