Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Guest oldlugger

Alan,

I think your diesel hydraulic shots are ace! I really like your model of the D600 Warship; what a fine looking beast this was. Which kit did you use to build it?

All the best

Simon

Thanks for that Simon, It was a Silver Fox kit I managed to purchase second hand through an advert in Railway modeller some time ago. It has a Lima chasis very well weighted and runs well.

Edited for typos

Edited by westerner

Guest oldlugger

Thanks for that Simon, It was a Silver Fox kit I managed to purchase second hand through an advert in Railway modeller some time ago. It has a Lima chasis very well weighted and runs well.

Edited for typos

It really looks splendid and has been weathered very nicely.

All the best

Simon

I've just spent a very happy half hour or so catching up on Wencombe for somewhere around Page 6. Alan, your work never fails to impress me, but mostly I simply gaze and smile. And to catch sight of a Western purring through as well as a Hall! :yes: Happy me.

Steve.

I must admit Alan, your layout is an inspiration. So wonderfully set, and everything looks bang on!

Seeing this progress has led me back to BR(W) modelling, and I'm on the road to creating something a bit further, and more pasty-ful than Wencombe. Without your layout I reckon I'd have kept with the hum-drum modern diesels (which I'll still run from time to time).

So thank you!

And as always, fantastic work! :)

Richard

Thank You Steve and Richard. I am always slightly gobsmacked at the positive reactions Wencombe gets. I don't regard myself as anything other than a journeyman modeller. I have never built a loco kit and as you have probably realised the bulk of the layout is RTR and RTP stuff. There are a few wagon and parcels kits (I can thourghly reccomend Parkside and Chivers kits, Chivers in particular are joy to put together). When I come to difficulties or things which look as they are going to take along time work tends to stop. eg my class 120 DMU when I discovered that all the windows needed trimming to fit and they appear to be a particularly hard plastic or perspex. That's been sitting on my shelf unfinished for over 18 months.

The things I do like doing are the scenery, now needing detailing, and weathering and to be fair taking pictures of the layout.

• 2 weeks later...

7316 on the fish empties returning to Kingsbridge

Approaching Wencombe

post-7090-0-02992900-1325608843_thumb.jpg

Waiting for the token

post-7090-0-29067600-1325608897_thumb.jpg

The freight arrives behind 3834 and the tokens can be exchanged

post-7090-0-58350200-1325608957_thumb.jpg

With the token for Kingsbridge 7316 leaves Wencombe on the last stage of its journey

post-7090-0-15157900-1325609022_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks for the kind comments Devon'. No it's a 38xx. weathered to pic of it. It was a Newton Abbot loco. As to the fish traffic I could have said it was the arrival of a full fish train asI gather that during the holiday season the local fisheries could not supply enough fish for the holiday makers fish and chips and fish was imported from the East Coast fisheries. But I'm assuming the locals produced enough to send the odd fish train up to Billingsgate.

Thw wagons in the pics are kit built Parkside kits.