Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good stuff as ever on this layout, but I'm a bit puzzled by the Class 9 headcode on the Warship. While I know the Western Region did things their own way, the leading vehicle looks like coaching stock, certainly fitted, which would not normally run in/as a local freight train.

Well spotted, whilst I've been busy putting correct headcodes on the steam locos, I haven't yet got round to doing the hydraulics, although looking at Dviad Cable's Hydraulics in the West, there are quite a few examples of the locos having the wrong headcode. However it is something I will be addressing at some time.

• Like 1

Hi Westerner

Your layout is very inspiring and I am in the process of working on a Cornish themed layout and seeing this layout really inspires me to try and get my layout to the standard you have achieved. Thanks for the inspiration. Look forward to more fantastic pictures of your layout

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Ian (Olddudders) will be pleasd to see that I have re-headcoded 816 Eclipse to read as the down Torbay Express also added a pic of Bulldog with ballast train waiting for the Torbay Express to clear the last section to Kingsbridge.

post-7090-0-50594900-1320416835_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-48744600-1320417101_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the real American Dream

Glad to see it worked out.

We Americans are also space starved too I have a little under 25 feet by 25 feet to use alot less than the last house. Still a fantastic piece of modeling

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd add the crew a few subtle touches to 4679

4679 about to go off shed

post-7090-0-37192900-1322318648_thumb.jpg

Having gone to sSlapton is now returning to Wencombe with a short local freight, with the fireman trying to catch the eye of the cameraman.

post-7090-0-35886200-1322318697_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-69525700-1322318667_thumb.jpg

I've also done a bit on a Bachman Hall, renamed to 6954 Lotherton Hall and only slightly weathered as if only a couple of weeks after an overall.

post-7090-0-27074800-1322318946_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-05715900-1322318915_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Nothing done on Wencombe in the last week, not even putting valences and details on the recently aquired 63XX, Just discovered the disadvantage of a duck under to get into the model railway room. I've just had a hernia operation and I'm not allowed to crouch for a few weeks. I even had to send the wife into the room to get a couple of my books on Hydraulics to see how I could weather the 63XX when i can get in there.

• RMweb Gold

Nothing done on Wencombe in the last week, not even putting valences and details on the recently aquired 63XX, Just discovered the disadvantage of a duck under to get into the model railway room. I've just had a hernia operation and I'm not allowed to crouch for a few weeks. I even had to send the wife into the room to get a couple of my books on Hydraulics to see how I could weather the 63XX when i can get in there.

Sorry to hear about that but a good point there and one I have noticed with arthritis - we tend to forget that our bodies do things like getting older or wearing out, and that there can come a time when they do not like duck-unders.

Can I just say the shots of the pannier with the fireman looking out are superb with the detail in the painting of the figure, the variation in colour and the dirty face, also details such as the wheelbarrows? In additon to the "eye" to know what to do to create the scene you must have a very steady hand.

Hope you recover soon

Jon

Pleased to say that recovery continues and the dressing came off this morning with very little pain (to be honest almost none) revealing a very neat stitching job by the surgeon. Hopefully by the end of the week i will be able, very carefully, to get back in the model railway room and start work on the 63XX.