Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

A busy moment at Wencombe as 4561 arrives with the connecting local to Slapton as 7916 Mobberly Hall arrives with an Exeter- Kingsbridge stooper whilst 6954 Lotherton Hall awaits the staff with a Paddington bound Express.

post-7090-0-09701600-1327156542_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-95630100-1327156569_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-26322300-1327156593_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 15

This is a fabulous layout - as others have said it's very inspirational! I did most of my trainspotting at Southall,(something in common with 81C, above??) and I remember the crossover era very well. I would love to see this in the flesh. Is it exhibitionable? (That might be a new word!) So thanks again for all the wonderful photos.

All the best

exmoordave

Thanks for the kind comments chaps.

Exmoordave the layout is definitely One that Never Leaves home.

Les . I've always liked low angle photos where you look up at the trains. it was part of the reason that that area of the layout was designed. I do tend to use that area for loco close ups.

Hello Alan,

Like everyone else here, I simply must congratulate you on a first class job! Wonderful atmospheric layout with so many nicely observed details!

I really find it hard to say whether I love the Steam or the Hydraulics more(?). They both have their appeal to me, at any rate!

Now that you have the new Dapol D63xx - how do you feel about the older Silver Fox models, please?

I have two of the Silver Fox baby Warships and I'm worried that if I get a Dapol version, I will fall out with the old ones! Yet I'm loathe to consider selling them!

Cheers and thanks,

John E.

I haven't done much on the scenery in the last few years so decided to start work detailing the stream. With Mini Natur tuts and paint the stones (rocks) in the stream that should n't have been covered with the water,

post-7090-0-16744100-1328190120_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-52156400-1328190154_thumb.jpg

Also did the boggy bit of ground where initially i had used flock.

post-7090-0-39558100-1328190291_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Windy, the backscene is hardboard approx 12 and a hlf inches high. on the lonfg side it curves round in the corners (behind the pub at the viaduct end and the at the dairy end. Unfortunaetly to get the maximum scenic area there are corners where the layout goes off scene.

• RMweb Gold

I hope there aren't too many of these or Dr Beeching will be investigating...

You can certainly imagine being able to walk into those pics, soaking up the sun whilst waiting for a Prairie..

Typical Western - an hour or so sitting there in the sun waiting for a train and then three come along at once :D hmm, the memories. (It always seemed to be sunny at junctions like that.)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad those photos give that effect.

It would be good to see you at Basingstoke Mike. as you probably realise I'll be with Potterbourne..

All being well I should make it on the Saturday and will look out for the layout (and you of course once I've found it) Alan. If it turns into lots of time spent in once place at the show - which doesn't worry me in the least :D - then it might be a case of two days there again this year, oh dear, what a pity B)

I've been playing with my new toy a FMR tea strainer style static grass applicator. Seems to work OK but not sure if grass is too green. I have got used to the rather yellowish tint to the painted hanging basket liner.

What do you think? It's on the far bank of the stream.

post-7090-0-56019900-1329998409_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 2