Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

They look great, I do like the finish on that 38, 3803 always looks far too clean running on the SDR! Good to see grockles sucking up all the local foodstuffs is not just a post supermarket phenomenon. Most of the fish traffic locally still goes through Plymouth, and some from Brixham but all by road. The other big local traffic before the war was rabbits, often to Birmingham and other towns in the midlands. If you wanted something unusual you could model the K14 passenger brake with destination boards, with a little licence, e.g. stock lasted in use til nationalisation and mixamatosis was slow spreading here.

Any plans to exhibit Wencombe?

Edited by devondynosoar118

D603 pulls into Wencombe with a full brake ready to pick up the milk tanks.

post-7090-0-05977400-1325693854_thumb.jpg

It the detaches the van before pulling forward and the revrersing back into the creamery to pick up the milk tanks

post-7090-0-33804700-1325693928_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-77482500-1325693957_thumb.jpg

It the pulls up to the platform to pick up the token for its journey eastwards

post-7090-0-23899000-1325694016_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-17166900-1325694043_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 7

Gday there, havn't caught up with your thread for a while and just spent an enjoyable hour rereading through. Wanted to say it continues to inspire and urge me on, congrats on a really lovely scenicked layout to run your wonderfully weathered stock. Really like your dairy, good job of anglicising the walthers kit. Also I second the bit about being in a magazine, any editors out there should do their readers a favour and get Wencombe featured asap. Cheers

• RMweb Gold

I've been admiringly following this thread for some time without contributing but have been spurred out of my silence by this latest set of pictures. The narrative that the set of photos relates is very evocative and portrays beautifully what was once an unremarkable, everyday scene - great modelling.

Jerry

Jerry It is the ordinary everyday scene that I am trying to capture, I'm glad you thing I'm achieving it.

Devon'118 I've just been checking through my bits and pieces boxes labelled signals and I think I have enough ratio bits to get most of my signals operating. All I've got to do is drag myself away from RMWeb for a day or two and get on with it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget there's plenty of info on Western signalling in this thread (only 4 pages so not too much to plough through) but it will be growing when I get the next bit underway (I've got to spend a bit of time doing some 'real railway' stuff before then so it won't be for a week or so yet)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/48504-gwr-signals-and-where-they-go/

Just a little insight into the photography on Wencombe. Two cameras are used Nikon D50 DSLR. advantages I can control aperture and therefore have great depth of field and can manually focus. Disadvantages I can only view through the viewfinder and not on the screen, which limits where I can put the camera. The second camera is a Lumix fs 30. Advantages It is small and I can place it almost anywhere and I can view the scene through its monitor. Disadvantage I cannot control aperture therefore a smaller depth of field. Both are used on tripods although I do put them on the layout sometimes with or with out a bean bag and using the delayed shutter mechanism. I also use a an Instafit photoflood which has three energy saving curly wurly bulbs.

post-7090-0-41749600-1326023091_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-87389900-1326023123_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-17390100-1326023172_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-19535600-1326023147_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 9

I have an almost identical setup! I have the choice of a Nikon D200 or a Lumix TZ7. My layout is lit with strong LEDs so I can hand hold the cameras but for serious results I have a small Gorilla, the table top tripod, or a 2.4 metre Benbo 2. The PR shoot is about to happen when I can find the time!

It's wonderful what a decent camera and good lighting does! (f8 and be there!)

I have to admit the LEDs don't throw much of a shadow - they act much like fluoros. Unfortunately anything shiny gets 50 little round highlights! I like the way the photoflood throws a shadow which is more realistic. Have you tried with a lower lighting angle to replicate early morning?