St. Davids , turntable update.

two tone green

• 2 weeks later...

Got chance to take a few photos of the latest loco on shed at St. Davids.

Picked it up last week at the Bristol show from Fine Scale Brass and I am told its the last BR Manor they have so there are no more :cry:

7823 Hook Norton Manor joins 7801 Anthony Manor far west with Hagley Hall.

So with three big houses on site its almost an estate. :jester:

I did give into temptation though at the Bristol show and ordered another San Cheng Black 5 to go with its to be stable mate 45074 in June when it gets delivered. They are such good looking locos I had to have another one before they too become extinct.

Anyway, the new Manor and friends.

post-6682-0-22002300-1454860185_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-25373800-1454860186_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-44718700-1454860187_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-18508800-1454860188_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-20190500-1454860189_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-14415500-1454860190_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-17514000-1454860191_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-61917900-1454860192_thumb.jpg

And everyone it seems who attended the Bristol O Gauge Show bought these.

I bought two. I wonder how hard it is to change the numbers.

They look good along side the Intentio Diesel Servicing Shed. Will need to add pipe work etc.once I get the shed area finalised.

post-6682-0-26276200-1454865618_thumb.jpg

Hi TTG,

The Intentio Diesel Servicing Shed looks very nice, was it easy to put together?  It would be nice to see a few more pics of it if you have chance.

How long is it and did you have to build the track that runs through it using chairs and rail?

Sorry... I'm asking toooooo many questions :)

Cheers

Lee

I built one, nice easy build, you don't have to build the track except for a sleepers wort either side. Highly recommended

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply..... I'm sure TTG will be along to answer soon too. I just thought it would look good with only chairs and rail sat on 'concrete' rather than any sleepers... which is why I asked.  Was it yourself that had this commissioned via Intentio???

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Its an easy build and big enough to take a Brush 4 as my video posted earlier in this thread shows. Not tried a 40 or a peak but I suspect it will fit, just.

My only criticism which I passed on to Phil was to make the slots slightly bigger that things, walls, base etc go into then it will truly be plug and build.

The fit generally is so good that I have a feeling I have not gone back and added glue to make it a bit more permanent and in places is still in test build mode.

The way the glazing is done is very good but make sure you paint things first that needs painting.

As for the base, like Steve says I suspect Phil will be only too happy to cut you one without the space for track with sleepers or go for the option of a pit.

Have a look back a page or three on my thread and you will see various build photos plus two videos. It really is a nice shed and Phil will be happy tweak it to match your needs.

He is doing the custom design and build of my steam shed for my layout and he is bending over backwards to do things as I want and keep me happy. I would highly recommend his kits and services.

I hope this helps Lee.

Regards

Andy Jack

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply... very informative.  I had seen the shed on your build here which is what initially drew my attention to it.  Having looked at the Intentio website I noticed that Phil will be doing a shed with brickwork and the asbestos type corrugated sheeting on the sides.  So my intention is to wait until that appears to see how it looks.  I'm in no hurry at all as I haven't even got baseboards or for that fact locos yet.... the 20 and 40 are still in the paint shops :D

I keep watching Phils work and it seems first class so I shall wait patiently.

Cheers

Lee

Steve,

Thank you for the info on the colours, they do work very well.

Also, thank you posting those images... I'm sure Andy's will look exactly the same.... even with a green Hymek too :D

I think we ought to let Andy have his thread back now... otherwise we'll be in trouble ;)

Cheers

Lee

Not a problem, chat away. I don't use it very often as progress is slow.

The next big event will be the arrival of the engine shed which is looking very impressive.

Can we have a sneak preview Andy? :D

... or at least an idea to what it will look like?

Cheers

Lee

Archived