kevpeo

A trial. I dont know if anyone will be able to see this. Let me know if you can't and I'll delete it! 

https://www.facebook.com/loch.dour?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?v=292372434236271&set=vb.100003905510762&type=2&theater

A video of 27 019 running at Manchester, filmed with my I-pod/controller that just will not edit or load onto U-tube. So I stuck it up on farcebook! Kev.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 2

Kev,

Thanks to you, Ian and Russ for all you did at Lydd Rail. I will long remember watching your layout late on Saturday with a cool drink, although Ian made a couple of drink related mistakes I think. :no:

Layout looked very good and I was suprised how it had changed since I saw it at Barrow.

Cheers.

Paul.

You were seeing it in stereo vision due to the Barrow mob bring some proper beer with them. Ian only took two polly pins with him. One for himself on day one (do you see where I'm going?).

Glad that you had a good weekend.

Are you coming up to Barrow in October?

OzzyO.

A trial. I dont know if anyone will be able to see this. Let me know if you can't and I'll delete it!

https://www.facebook.com/loch.dour?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?v=292372434236271&set=vb.100003905510762&type=2&theater

A video of 27 019 running at Manchester, filmed with my I-pod/controller that just will not edit or load onto U-tube. So I stuck it up on farcebook! Kev.

I found a setting change that should allow just the video to go ''public''. Not that there's owt else to see on my page!!! Kev.

Edited by kevpeo

• 1 month later...

All sobered up now!

post-8271-0-61332500-1379008180_thumb.jpg

37 406 takes a new wagon for a test run. It failed! The wagon that is, a Cambrian 'tench' and it's just too long for the corners. Never mind, it's for a different layout anyway.

406 on the other hand is working fine after having a 'heart transplant'. It received a v4 decoder that was in a Coppell loco loaded with a simple program that wasted its capabilities. Now on the other hand it has a duel standard/manual program using my recordings of 37 423. Also in the works are 27 019 for a replacement AB speaker, and 27 112 which is getting a Coastal DCC class 27 v4 decoder and an AB speaker too! The v4 decoder from 112 will find its way into 37 412 soon. Kev.

• Like 8

Hi Kev,

I will look forward to hearing your 423 recordings at some point, sadly doubt I will make it down to Barrow this year despite booking that week off at the start of the year but a different arrival will probably get in the way! You never know!

Hope it goes well

Mark

It wouldn't be the first time the FMRC has had a creche set up to allow the parents to man stands Mark! Good luck and get some sleep in now!  Kev.

Sleep! No chance. 

He's helping out at the Ayr exhibition, next weekend. :locomotive:  :locomotive:

We'll be gentle with him. Promise

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 1

37 412 has now had it's 'heart transplant' to a v4 and a 4ohm speaker. Just tweaking the program and then she will be ready for traffic. I have to confess to having a very enjoyable/strange 5 mins driving it round with it making Sulzer type 2 noises first! Kev.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've killed my first Heljan 'rat'!

27 001 has been running a little 'ropey' for a while. It has had a tendency to sometimes 'stick' when asked to pull away, followed by an F1 grid style take off when the volts have overcome the resistance!  I put it down to dirty wheels at first, until one day it just stopped. On further investigation it turned out to be a seized bearing on top of one bogie tower which was spinning inside its plastic housing. Once cleaned up and oiled 001 ran once again but with a tendency to bounce up and down at low speed! After further investigation it turns out that the torque of the motor had bent the cardan shafts as well! After re-straightening these, it still 'pogo-sticks' along at low speeds so it looks like other damage has been done to the drive train too.

Until I get a replacement chassis I have removed the drive train completely so I can use it to 'double-head' with another loco. Putting it on the track in this form has answered the question about Heljan locos legendary high power consumption. They are about as free running as a brick!

Kev.

All sobered up now!

37 406 takes a new wagon for a test run. It failed! The wagon that is, a Cambrian 'tench'

Hi Kev

Great Photo of the Cl37406, is the wagon Kit form or ready to buy if so Bachmann No...!?!, looks good with that 37... nice rake of them would look great.

Jamie

Hello Jamie,

the answer is in the first quote. A Cambrian "tench" plastic kit.

As he said! The kit is not too difficult to build but it is very 'fiddly'. There are a lot of small and repetitive bits to add, door bumpers, handrails etc. If you do the modified version with no doors it would be a doddle! kev.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, 27 001 has seen better days -

post-8271-0-71731400-1383854175_thumb.jpg

The 'bouncy' chassis has now been completely stripped of all its internal organs, including the pick-ups, in an attempt to make it a little more free running! It does seem to have worked, as on the test shown here, 20 119 managed to take it and the two ploughs up the hill with no problems. Before a 20 didn't shift it on the flat!

And here is 27 001's shiny new chassis -

post-8271-0-65694300-1383854192_thumb.jpg

Well, technically it's a Christmas present, so is it the done thing to cut it up before the big day? What am I saying, course it is!

The left over bits will become a 'dummy' 27 014 I think, for now. Kev.

• Like 3

Oh dear, 27 001 has seen better days -

attachicon.gifDSCF0005 (2).JPG

The 'bouncy' chassis has now been completely stripped of all its internal organs, including the pick-ups, in an attempt to make it a little more free running! It does seem to have worked,

Just paint it up in Derby research livery!

Coat on and heading for the door

OzzyO.