kevpeo

Oh yes 37s doing what they do best. Lots of clag and lots of noise. Is that the 3 Peaks charter departing Barrow per chance. I drove that leg of that charter a few years ago when Chiltern supplied the train crew and diesel traction. Unfortunately it was far less exotic motive power than that pair.

Marcus

I should imagine it probably is then. The stock normally gets serviced in Barrow Yard whilst the participants are climbing Scafell Pike. Here's the same train at Barrow in 2011 in the yard with the less exotic traction.

post-18515-0-89313200-1403364319.jpg

There's rather an amusing story behind this. We had an electrical problem with one of the Mk3s in the consist so our travelling fitter promptly went to the local B&Q and bought a load of electrical bits and pieces and managed to fix it!! The silver buffers were also courtesy of B&Q with some silver spray paint out of the decorating dept.

I take it from the comments of pictures of Steam locomotives being posted on this thread I will be well and truly lynched now. Better run for cover LOL.

Cheers

Marcus.

• Like 2

I always think that this particular loco is the epitome of what a Scottish 37 should look like. Certainly looking forward to seeing it go Mainline. Especially as it should be teamed up with 37403 in the same livery. I think I will be handing over some hard earned cash to SRPS tours next year. Unfortunately haven't done any of their tours since EWS lost the contract to supply the traction.

Marcus

See how I let that Spanish/GM thing pass without an insult. I must be mellowing!

Anyway, I've been shopping -

post-8271-0-34620500-1403811926_thumb.jpg

37 412 waits for the road with two brand new cement wagons (please ignore the fact they have the same number for now!) I ordered these to extend the Coppell cement train, but I'm not so sure now, with the height difference to the Lima/Dapol/Hornby ones that we run. So they may well just get added to the Loch Dour stock box after Kaydee fitting, brakes etc. Kev.

• Like 3

Hi Kev,

Mellowing to GM's must be something to do with you driving them on the WHL and seeing how they handle the trains without fuss. :)

To redeem myself I have just purchased 4 blue grey mark 1's to put behind a 26 on Newlands today.

Cheers

Mark

Speaking of extra stock Mark, my Loch Dour collection has finally grown too big for my stock box! So I have been into work this weekend and produced another tray, and modified an older one to allow the excess to travel, plus future additions. No 37's are planned, but I do have a 24/1 and an observation saloon on order!

In other news, my daughter has been pestering me since I started Loch Dour to add 'our family' to the layout. You try explaining to her that in the mid eighties she wasn't born, and in the mid seventies I was ten! No chance, so I've been on the lookout for suitable figures for some time, and finally found these at Wigan show -

post-8271-0-29246500-1404142517_thumb.jpg

Not perfect, but the best I've ever seen in one pack. A few hair colours will need changing, or removing in my case, plus adding some 'beef' to my figure as it doesn't capture my 'hunkiness'! Of course I could always go on a diet to try and match, but adding some epoxy is so much easier!

The plan is to have a game of cricket going on in the garden here -

post-8271-0-29907500-1404142531_thumb.jpg

Which if you didn't already know is a model of our Victorian pile, but built of stone rather than brick. Loch Dour lives behind the wall above the top window. Kev.

• Like 6

See how I let that Spanish/GM thing pass without an insult. I must be mellowing!Anyway, I've been shopping -attachicon.gifcements.jpg37 412 waits for the road with two brand new cement wagons (please ignore the fact they have the same number for now!) I ordered these to extend the Coppell cement train, but I'm not so sure now, with the height difference to the Lima/Dapol/Hornby ones that we run. So they may well just get added to the Loch Dour stock box after Kaydee fitting, brakes etc. Kev.

Hi Kev

Now I'm going to seem completely clueless. Are these the same type of wagon that Alcan use on the Fort William service. I should know this as I drive for GBRf but I work in the West Mids so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Reason being as I'm thinking of getting a rake for KOLW to replace my V tanks as their completely wrong for the Fort Bill service.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

The new Bachmann tanks are more passable than the v tanks but sadly still not correct for the Alcans which are longer. I have a rake of V tanks on Rannoch which will be staying in service for now but might get some of the new ones to swap in the future.

Kev your 80's influences are starting to catch on as 26041 is getting worked on this week. It even made it to barrow a couple of times in the early 90's with a failed unit.

All the best

Mark

**Stop press**

Loch Dour will be making an appearance at the Millom show on the 6/7th September. See the RMweb exhibition page for details. My newly recorded 27 024 sounds are currently being combined into a new sound project for 27 013, and so far it is coming along nicely. Also making a first appearance at a show are the 'Peo family' -

post-8271-0-32971900-1404927545_thumb.jpg

Who appear to have lost the ball! Kev.

• Like 2

**Stop press**

Loch Dour will be making an appearance at the Millom show on the 6/7th September. See the RMweb exhibition page for details. My newly recorded 27 024 sounds are currently being combined into a new sound project for 27 013, and so far it is coming along nicely. Also making a first appearance at a show are the 'Peo family' -

attachicon.gifNew balls please!.JPG

Who appear to have lost the ball! Kev.

Probably been squashed by a passing tractor of the 12 wheeled variety. I bet it was Dad who booted it over the fence! LOL.

LOL. It's not often somebody says one of my engines is too clean Ozzy! Considering the unfinished coach is the 'spray' coach, the set could currently be said to be over-weathered! Kev.

Thanks Mark. The 20 sound program on Ian's 20's was the first one I attempted, because the available ones at the time just didn't 'do it' for me!  Mind, the program has been tweaked a few times since.  27 013 is now up and running with its new sound program on a v3.5.

post-8271-0-46853800-1405360477.jpg

The v4 program is on test in 37 412! Kev.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Shiny, Shiny! Look what I picked up from Crafty Hobbies yesterday. A superb model but an absolute b***h to get into! I have already fitted some 'BR staff' to this end, as well as adding bogie end detail and the pipework, KD etc. It just needs a visit to the paint-shops now.

post-8271-0-33894200-1407588407_thumb.jpg

I'm still trying to save up for my forthcoming class 20 driver course and beauties like this appear! On top of that, Bif is on the brink of releasing another different 37 sound project. Get thee behind me temptation!!! kev.

• Like 4