Heljan 128

beast66606

My Blue class 128 arrived yesterday and runs very well, only a few bits had fallen off in the box so I was quite lucky their.

Something I did notice was that by the 80s some 128 had had the sandboxes removed.

I am planning to renumber my 55993 to 55995 and noticed that unit has  different buffers to the ones on my model which are oval. Does anyone do the other type which look like they were originally round but with the top and bottom cut back.

Cheers Peter.

i cant find it being mentioned but in a rail issue from 1986 I think, there is a feature on the barmouth area, and at the time, locomotives were banned from the bridge so a 128 was used as a departmental shunter and there are a few pics of one pulling two dogfish wagons, doing a ballast job.

a pic of one such working is here.

http://railphotoprints.zenfolio.com/p772490069/h3B3BC09C#h3b3bc09c

also, can anyone advise me if I purchased the red version, could I add corridor connections and it be correct.>?  thanks

i cant find it being mentioned but in a rail issue from 1986 I think, there is a feature on the barmouth area, and at the time, locomotives were banned from the bridge so a 128 was used as a departmental shunter and there are a few pics of one pulling two dogfish wagons, doing a ballast job.

a pic of one such working is here.

http://railphotoprints.zenfolio.com/p772490069/h3B3BC09C#h3b3bc09c

also, can anyone advise me if I purchased the red version, could I add corridor connections and it be correct.>?  thanks

I guess so :) 

http://railphotoprints.zenfolio.com/p772490069/h3B3BC09C#h79c44a66

55991 and 55992 retained their gangways until withdrawal in red livery so with a renumber it is correct.

55991 and 55992 retained their gangways until withdrawal in red livery so with a renumber it is correct.

Hello, the above is correct, but you may have to remove the rivets for representation of the plated over driver's side marker lights on 55995.

Hope this helps.

Craig

My parcel from Hattons finally arrived this morning; packed last Wednesday and left forgotten on a shelf until I called on Saturday morning. I was offered next day delivery and it arrived at 9.10 this morning while I was still having breakfast in bed for my birthday! 

On opening the Class 128 packaging, three bogie sand boxes fell out on the carpet. Still haven'y been able to find the fourth which had been fitted at some time as all the broken pegs are still in situ in the bogies. It looks superb and I am looking forward to the Red Star example soon.

I was just replacing the missing bogie sand boxes when I noticed a piece of black plastic stuck under the white polystyrene that Heljan have used to strengthen the clear plastic tray. Sure enough, the missing sand box was lurking underneath. This really is a superb model.

I have just taken delivery of my second one. It is in an even worse state than the first! I fail to understand how Hatton's could have checked it before dispatch given all of the bits that had snapped off were in the plastic tray, outside of the polythene sheet that the unit was wrapped in! Added to that it was even less well packed than the first one. I eagerly wait to see in what state my Red Star one arrives from Model Rail!

Just opened my Royal Mail red one, and had to search the packaging for the sandboxes. Given the fact that almost everyone seems to have suffered these detaching in transit, it might have been better to supply them in a sealed bag for the buyer to fit themselves, seen as we're going to have to refit them ourselves anyway. It saves the search on the floor for the one that rolled away that way.

My Red Star one from Model Rail (Kernow) arrived today and it's in perfect condition. No damage or loose bits in the packaging. Had a quick look at it earlier and they have made a great job of it. Just waiting for the weekend to give it a run. Tony.

My Red Star one from Model Rail (Kernow) arrived today and it's in perfect condition. No damage or loose bits in the packaging. Had a quick look at it earlier and they have made a great job of it. Just waiting for the weekend to give it a run. Tony.

Hi Tony, any chance of a pic please ? showing the 2 x shades of blue.....pretty please ?

Just opened my Royal Mail red one, and had to search the packaging for the sandboxes. Given the fact that almost everyone seems to have suffered these detaching in transit, it might have been better to supply them in a sealed bag for the buyer to fit themselves, seen as we're going to have to refit them ourselves anyway. It saves the search on the floor for the one that rolled away that way.

55995 didn't carry sandboxes while in RM red livery. Saves you the time to fit them.

There's couple of pictures on the Model Rail Offers web page..

Hi T, they are the original image of the pre-production sample, which shows "the wrong" shade of blue up top as it where !!!

Just hoping someone puts a pic of one on here in the flesh............mine has been dispatched today according to my email from Kernow MRC, who are handling these models on behalf of MR.

Happy Modelling

Craig.

Archived