The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I can't believe Roy Hodgson is planning on giving uncapped Feargal Sharkey his debut in goal on Friday.I mean,

'I know a good Hart is hard to find ' but......

:jester:

At 11.15 a.m. on Monday October 7, 2013 my "local" club Hinckley United FC ceased to exist after a High Court judge in Birmingham issued a winding up order against the club.

Thank goodness I've still got the memories of the F.A. Cup tie against Brentford, which was televised live on "Match of the Day" a few years back, and Conference North Play-Off Final against Farsley Celtic which was lost 4-3 to a last minute penalty. 

Still if Coventry need "home" ground later in the season, when Northampton's pitch gets worn, there is one available padlocks permitting.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At 11.15 a.m. on Monday October 7, 2013 my "local" club Hinckley United FC ceased to exist after a High Court judge in Birmingham issued a winding up order against the club.

Still if Coventry need "home" ground later in the season, when Northampton's pitch gets worn, there is one available padlocks permitting.

Sorry to hear that and I didn't see anything in our local paper on this.Our 'mess' is still ongoing.

Sorry to hear that and I didn't see anything in our local paper on this.Our 'mess' is still ongoing.

Apparently week or so of Wayne Rooney's packet (£200k) was needed to pay amounts to due the former club Chairman. Quite strange as his family "built" the new ground, but it seems some of the buildings belong to his pension fund and the rent was not being paid. Mind you the club has been in the High Court at least twice before and fended off HMRC on each occasion re unpaid taxes and also has a recent history of not paying the players from time to time.

My real problem is where to go for "fun" football in future as Hinckley were the "second" team in Leicestershire after LCFC. I suppose I could try neighbouring Barwell but I may need a stab vest for night matches.

• RMweb Gold

My real problem is where to go for "fun" football in future as Hinckley were the "second" team in Leicestershire after LCFC. I suppose I could try neighbouring Barwell but I may need a stab vest for night matches.

Try watching Nuneaton Boro.They're going well at the moment.Just up the A5.

Try watching Nuneaton Boro.They're going well at the moment.Just up the A5.

I have been to the 'Boro' quite a few times as I worked in Nuneaton for 23 years. I think they were briefly top of the Conference recently before suffering the traditional Nuneaton nosebleed. Much preferred the characterful old ground in the "middle" of Nuneaton though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nearly made a mess of a 3-0 lead today mate? That was a good game to watch although it had more atmosphere with the sound on mute! Such a shame to have got into that situation. Not wanting to make a meal of it, it did allow the away fans to get right behind their team second half and perhaps contributed to your boys' jitters.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just over 2000 gate when it would have been 12-15000 at the Ricoh.I think the away fan effect is correct but hopefully we won't get that many every week.Would be in the play off mix if not for a points deduction.

• RMweb Gold

Just over 2000 gate when it would have been 12-15000 at the Ricoh.I think the away fan effect is correct but hopefully we won't get that many every week.Would be in the play off mix if not for a points deduction.

We may have a crap team, but we've got great supporters.

Let's hope Clough junior can correct the former.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

The FA moved today to try and dissuade football fans from bringing flares to football matches. "These things are socially unacceptable," said an FA spokesman, "and can be very dangerous, especially if the wind catches them in a confined area."

The spokesman went on to say that as well as flares the FA would like people to avoid Harrington jackets, Burberry checks, platform shoes and anything bought from Jacamo. :sungum:

Edited by colin penfold

C

The FA moved today to try and dissuade football fans from bringing flares to football matches. "These things are socially unacceptable," said an FA spokesman, "and can be very dangerous, especially if the wind catches them in a confined area."

The spokesman went on to say that as well as flares the FA would like people to avoid Harrington jackets, Burberry checks, platform shoes and anything bought from Jacamo. :sungum:

Must be a shoe in late appointment for Greg Dyke's England Commission as an expert on the bl**ding obvious.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ho Hum, sounds like Holly's getting the bullet from Palace. They have bought 14 players over the summer, he's had less than a year in charge and they sack him. I have three words for the chairman of Palace  -   Queens, Park, Rangers.

I hope they appoint a manager I don't like because it's hard hating a club but liking their manager

Why would any manager want to get promoted from the Championship? There's a fairly good chance your reward will be redundancy before Christmas!

Gareth

Not that much fun being a Championship manager if you want longevity of employment either - Mowbray and Clough going recently means that Chris Powell of Charlton Athletic is the longest serving manager with a lengthy 2 years and 9 months.

Apparently ours, Nigel Pearson, is the second longest serving in the Championship now, according the local rag, with barely 2 years.

p.s Big shout for Coventry City ending Leyton Orients unbeaten run in League One this season.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

p.s Big shout for Coventry City ending Leyton Orients unbeaten run in League One this season.

Yes that surprised me and another four goals in a game at Sixfields.

Yes that surprised me and another four goals in a game at Sixfields.

Coventry City do seem to be the team to watch for goals with 52 in aggregate so far this season - just a pity so few spectators see the "Home" games due all the tragic nonsense that has gone on.

• RMweb Gold

I was just wondering if anyone has read the new Alex Ferguson book through yet .Apparently just when you think it's coming to the end five more pages appear for no reason. ;)

"Adel Taarabt wore gloves but did little else" as the Foxes keep the Championship banner flying in the League Cup after their thrilling 4-3 win over Fulham last night..... where there is Senderos there is always hope for the opposition.

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, at the Emirates.....

Wenger: "Problems? What problems?"

I'm quite happy for Wenger to continue denying it, especially if it means Chelsea gains. Did you noticed who Chelsea's goalkeeper was? His first match for us.

An Arsenal 'friend' of mine said this today :-

"As far as the game is concerned we would be far better off if it was being played at S. Bridge

or perhaps Highbury".

To which I replied.

"What after all that money spent on a shining new stadium? Another competition that Arsenal don't win. Still as you rightly pointed out (last week to a Man Utd friend of ours), its only a game"!