The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

What on earth is going on at Blackpool? Three players sent off on Tuesday and another two today. I know we want our team to show some fight but this is ridiculous.

Just following in the footsteps of their manager - he doesn't set a very good example and is a nasty piece of work.

• RMweb Gold

Just following in the footsteps of their manager - he doesn't set a very good example and is a nasty piece of work.

Who's that 'the guv'nor'. Bottled out of taking a penalty for England when it mattered too.

The future has clearly gone orange.

I'd have said pear-shaped - with all the suspensions and, if they keep on racking up red cards at the current rate, a possible enquiry into club disciplinary standards.

Can't see "the Guvnor" being able to do much improve to team discipline, as it would be total hypocrisy given his recent stadium ban.

• RMweb Premium

In the light of recent match-fixing allegations, DJ Campbell from Blackburn Rovers has been in front of the FA Committee saying

"I am completely innocent of all allegations of match-fixing and would like to put the whole affair behind me and concentrate on next week's 1-1 draw against Millwall....." :jester:

And.....

Be careful when driving past Old Trafford football ground - it's easy to pick up three points there.

Coat - getting...........

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Be careful when driving past Old Trafford football ground - it's easy to pick up three points there.

Coat - getting...........

Cheers,

Mick

You must have had to wait nearly 25 years to able to tell that joke. It'll be interesting to see if it will be another 25 years before it can be used again or will they do a "Liverpool".

You must have had to wait nearly 25 years to able to tell that joke. It'll be interesting to see if it will be another 25 years before it can be used again or will they do a "Liverpool".

what like they did between 68 & 93 quite probably at least with the dip in form some utd fans my go back to watching there local teams like arsenal Chelsea derry city etc   

that's just nuts , especially at Christmas

Presumably a 6 foot tall fox dealt with it??????

Nearly - David Nugent 5'11'' chased after the squirrel, but, like some Championship defenders, it's movement was too fast and tricky for him. Still I'm not complaining the 3 points squirrelled away from Loftus Road against the run of play might be handy early next May.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully, Fulham's revival under Meulensteen will not continue this afternoon. With various teams near the top playing each other, Toffees have an opportunity to gain some ground.

Well, mostly worked out quite well. If only Spurs had any defenders (worst performance I think I have ever seen in the Premiership), Liverpool would not still be in such a good position.

• RMweb Gold

Watched a very entertaining game between West Ham and West Bromwich today. There was some discussion (isn't there always?) About Big Sam's future. One thing that did strike me was how woeful the Hammers were on set pieces at both ends. Given that Bolton's success was based on set pieces, and they are 99% training ground effort, why hasn't Sam been able to improve that aspect of his current team?

• RMweb Premium

Nobody has a higher opinion of Sam Allardyce's management ability than Sam Allardyce. His reputation gained at Bolton got him jobs at Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham, but he did not set the world alight with any of them. Another example of a manager who does the merry-go-round of clubs whilst better managers are overlooked.

Nobody has a higher opinion of Sam Allardyce's management ability than Sam Allardyce. His reputation gained at Bolton got him jobs at Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham, but he did not set the world alight with any of them. Another example of a manager who does the merry-go-round of clubs whilst better managers are overlooked.

come on give the guy a chance, look at the injuries in that squad if Carol was fit they'd by half way up the table. If he wasn't there as manager and the team were in the same position most people would be saying that he would be the man to keep them up. Its always the managers who gets the blame when most of the time its the players not pulling their weight. Also think the supporters at West Ham are not producing the right atmosphere to spur the team on , what happened to real supporters!!!!!!!!!!!