Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

A bit quite today mate,any reason. I thought the "Foxes" played last night. :angel: :angel:

"Played" is a bit of an exaggeration - "Eleven complete strangers in blue shirts wasted over 90 minutes searching for a mislaid game plan at the King Power last night"  would be more accurate.

Another one of Pearson's silly Cup XI's - he even had his son playing and two youth development players making their first team debuts in central midfield = madness.

Thanks are due to Newton Heath F.C. for being even worse last night and deflecting attention away from the King Power.

I'm confused I'm watching the Champions League Draw and can't see Man Utd in the pot? I've just switched channels to see the Europa League Draw and No they are not in that one . Just bought the Manchester Evening a News to look at the Capital One League Cup Third Round Draw and No Utd not in that one? Are they in the Egg Cup this season 

• Like 1

I don't think he ever was, impatient owners and fans, maybe...

Moyes ain't to blame.See list below of Fergie's duff or underperforming signings 2007-13

1.Nani £17m.

2.Anderson £20m

3.Ashley Young £17m

4.Bebe £7m

5.Owen Hargreaves £17m

6.Tomascz Kuszczak £2m

7.Zoran Tosic £7m

8.Dimitar Berbatov £30m

9.Gabriel Obertan £3m

10.Mame Biram Diouf £3m

11.Javier Hernandez £6m

12.Chris Smalling £7m

13.Nick Powell £6m

14.Alexander Buttner £4m

15.Wilfried Zaha £10m

Fergie kept his motivational skills right until the end, but his "eye" for a good signing had been failing for several years.

Edited by cary hill

Are they in the Egg Cup this season 

I think Man U are in danger of the Fur Cup this season...

In other news, I see that Wayne Rooney is now captain of England and Manchester United, thus ensuring that neither of them will win anything any time soon. Seriously, the schadenfreude at Manchester United's awfulness is starting to wear off. I'm actually getting fed up with them being crap, but appointing Rooney to his new position will be neutral at best, and possibly detrimental to the team's performance. He runs and runs tirelessly, I know, but so did Forrest Gump, and I wouldn't want him in charge of another 10 men, either. Is there some secret PL prize for the team whose captain picks up the most bookings and sending offs? Have UEFA turned the fair play rule on its head, or something?

My biggest worry about the Man U situation is the thought that maybe they were always a bit average, but everyone was so scared of Fergie that they didn't notice.

• RMweb Gold

It does seem that his team development policy in later years was to ask Giggs to keep playing and Scholes to come out of retirement, again.

Possibly a reflection on the quality of those two but nevertheless..........

Edited by BoD

speaking to paul scholes recently and he stated teams no longer look scared in the old trafford tunnel neither do  match officials post Ferguson  

When a school bully finally leaves the playground his cronies can't hack it for long, because nobody's scared of them.

That league table brings back loads of memories as we moved to Hadleigh in Suffolk and Ipswich Town became my local team.  A wonderful time with Bobby Robson running Ipswich with much more to come and my hero from Tottenham days, Dave Mackay, taking Derby to the title.

• Like 2

I think Man U are in danger of the Fur Cup this season...

In other news, I see that Wayne Rooney is now captain of England and Manchester United, thus ensuring that neither of them will win anything any time soon. Seriously, the schadenfreude at Manchester United's awfulness is starting to wear off. I'm actually getting fed up with them being crap, but appointing Rooney to his new position will be neutral at best, and possibly detrimental to the team's performance. He runs and runs tirelessly, I know, but so did Forrest Gump, and I wouldn't want him in charge of another 10 men, either. Is there some secret PL prize for the team whose captain picks up the most bookings and sending offs? Have UEFA turned the fair play rule on its head, or something?

My biggest worry about the Man U situation is the thought that maybe they were always a bit average, but everyone was so scared of Fergie that they didn't notice.

It has been suggested that the Man U squad should be given Senekot, as that will help to make 'em run.

Cambiasso told to forget all about winning trophies as he signs for a final career fat pay cheque  struggling Leicester City.

"Ever since I left Argentina I've always dreamed of playing in the English Premier League for a struggling East Midlands club. Today I'm living the dream."

post-9751-0-01813800-1409326489.jpg

Let's hope he lasts longer than our last Serie A import - Robbie Savage's mate - mind you I like to think that he picked some of the man management skills he later put to good use at Manchester City whilst at Leicester.

post-9751-0-24461800-1409326524.jpg

It is New Year's Day! Sorry, no it is transfer deadline day - but you can be forgiven for being mixed up by the ongoing countdown clock to the Big Ben chimes on Sky Sports News. I am sure many football fans will be checking tv, internet etc either hoping to see new signings coming in to boost their club, or hoping someone does not steal their best ones!

As a Rams fan the August deadline always seems to result in the latter. Over the years I have seen a number of decent players sold for a song with no time left to get a replacement. The rumour mill is already working over time at the moment and two of our first team regulars seem to be cropping up rather too often. Richard Keogh to Burnley (he has not signed his new contract) and Johnny Russell to Bournemouth (they have made three bids) seem to be the main two. Hopefully we can hold onto them as we need to keep our players together if we are going to repeat last season's performance.

Russell looks likely to go, especially as we have been linked with Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth - but I like Russell as a player and do not want to see him go. Time will tell.

One disappointment though!

There are 13 hours and 53 minutes to go and I am yet to see a Harry Redknapp interview through his car window! Sky are slipping!!

I have to put in a mention re the game (gaelic football) across the water as Yesterday Donegal (2012 champions) thrashed Dublin (defending champions and 10/1 on favourites) in the semi-final of the Sam Maguire Cup (the equivalent of the FA Cup and far more important than the league). For the first time in I don't know how long, both the senior and minor(under 18) finals will be between the same two teams, Donegal and Kerry. As they both play in green and gold, I wonder who will change their colours on the big day!

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps Man Utd are looking to adopt the 'you score two, we'll score three' approach? Would make for some entertaining football, but their rather glittering selection of forwards will need some service from the midfield, or it could be a bit of a waste of money.

Perhaps Man Utd are looking to adopt the 'you score two, we'll score three' approach? Would make for some entertaining football, but their rather glittering selection of forwards will need some service from the midfield, or it could be a bit of a waste of money.

Still, at least Cleverley is going, but a lot of the team still seems under-par

Cambiasso told to forget all about winning trophies as he signs for a final career fat pay cheque  struggling Leicester City.

"Ever since I left Argentina I've always dreamed of playing in the English Premier League for a struggling East Midlands club. Today I'm living the dream."

Let's hope he lasts longer than our last Serie A import - Robbie Savage's mate - mind you I like to think that he picked some of the man management skills he later put to good use at Manchester City whilst at Leicester.

I don't think you're struggling doing too badly if Arsenal are failing to get past you!

I don't think you're struggling doing too badly if Arsenal are failing to get past you!

Yes, I'm reasonably pleased so far considering we've played Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Arsenal were a bit disappointing, they seem to be overstocked with nearly identical midfield busybodies passing....passing...until somebody shoots wide or over the bar and that Sanogoals bloke at centre forward doesn't exactly look full of goals.

Just a pity that Konchesky played Sanatogen onside for Arsenal's goal and Ulloa didn't finish the best chance of the second half, but I'd have taken a point before the game.

Edited by cary hill