The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Poor old Kasper. Saved the pen towards the end of extra time only to be let down by some thoroughly dismal pens by his teammates in the shoot out.

At least he'll back at Leicester for pre-season training a bit earlier along with our Nigerian and Portugese contingents :jester:

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's pity that the VAR officials can't advise the referee to tell that snidey worm Suarez to get up and stop holding his head after he has clearly been hit on the back.

Any player going to ground and holding his head as if he has been panned with a shovel should be immediately stretchered off and made to lie down for five minutes then take a concussion assessment before being allowed to take any further part in the game. His team can play with 10 men for that period or immediately sub him.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't speak Spanish. So can someone please tell me how to say "We wuz robbed" in Spanish.

Yes, they did not show much attacking flair against the Russkies, but when they did two forwards were simultaneously wrestled to the ground and all 11 referees missed this double penalty. Just what instructions have the refs been given about contact in the penalty area?

Any player going to ground and holding his head as if he has been panned with a shovel should be immediately stretchered off and made to lie down for five minutes then take a concussion assessment before being allowed to take any further part in the game. His team can play with 10 men for that period or immediately sub him.

I have thought this for a while. If any player rolls around the pitch in 'agony' clutching a part of his body then he must be taken to the sidelines where he will have a choice - 5 minutes off the pitch for treatment or substitution for the rest of the game by the coach. 

I believe that would cut out most of the dramatics. 

• RMweb Gold

"Don't annoy the Russians."?

Well, I could understand that. But Harry Kane got the same treatment against Panama with a similar lack of action from the 11 refs. And there was that incident in Switzerland match.......

I don't speak Spanish. So can someone please tell me how to say "We wuz robbed" in Spanish.

Yes, they did not show much attacking flair against the Russkies, but when they did two forwards were simultaneously wrestled to the ground and all 11 referees missed this double penalty. Just what instructions have the refs been given about contact in the penalty area?

I thought the same until I saw the ITV coverage of the incident prior to the Croatia V Denmark game. Mark Clattenberg went through the incident and explained why it was not given. For once the pompous, self obsessed official actually made a lot of sense and made sense of the decision not to give the penalty.

Regarding another penalty incident, having watched the replays, I can’t see why Rebic (?) didn’t do more to stay on his feet, as it only needed a small touch to put the ball into an empty net. As it was, he thought it better to go down and get the penalty, which of course was saved.

• RMweb Gold

Talking of penalties, at least 80% need to be retaken, the goalkeeper cannot move forward from the goal line until the ball has been struck, why stand an official on the line to observe such movement when they have very poor eyesight?

Mike.

And Japan was the team we ought to have tried to get a fixture against, because they were not as good as Colombia - apparently. 

2-0 up against a team that we couldn't beat? 

Never underestimate any opposition. 

• RMweb Premium

Felt sorry for the Japanese. There were two on the rt who were dead on their a£se, I reckon the manager was keeping his powder dry for et.

Honda should've come on a bit sooner, if not started. Throwing everyone forward at the last was doomed to fail. QED. Shame really, I liked their attitude to the tournament.

edit to state "Japanese", it seems the filter doesn't like the shortened version. (I take 'Brits' are ok?)

Edited by Finsbury