Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I thought Martinez was top of the list, although he has been linked to Villa as well.

Claudio Ranieri was at Wembley for the Cup Final - I dont know if there were talks going on behind the scenes.

Put your money on Fabio Cappello. He wants to coach in the premier league. Would be ironic considering Hodgson was there a year or so ago.

Would be doubly ironic given his own peripheral involvement in a racist scandal!

Liverpool are considering Ken Dodd as the next manager.

He's liverpool through and through; they'll save money by being able to use the same track suits and jackets with the initials KD on them .........and nobody will laugh at them anymore !

• Like 3

Liverpool are considering Ken Dodd as the next manager.

He's liverpool through and through; they'll save money by being able to use the same track suits and jackets with the initials KD on them .........and nobody will laugh at them anymore !

...and the tax advantages will be considerable.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

...and the tax advantages will be considerable.

Alledgedly. Very funny man and gives vfm at his shows.He will probably die on stage.

Alledgedly. Very funny man and gives vfm at his shows.He will probably die on stage.

Bit off topic, but went to see him in Blackpool many years ago, Over ran his time by about 1 hour. Very good comedian. Would do well at Liverpool.

• RMweb Gold

He certainly will if the audience don't find him funny.

:no: :sungum: Not quite what I meant though.I was thinking more because he loves what he does too much to stop.

This is well OT now.

With all the headlines recently about managerial jiggery-pokery, the suggestion that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer might go to Villa is about the first one that's made me sit up. AVB (or Guardiola) for Liverpool, Capello for Chelsea, all horrible ideas, to me, but OGS (as I've now decided to call him - there's little hope I'd spell his full name correctly again) might actually be a decent fit with Villa. A couple of years sorting them out, and then a quick trip back up the M6 to Manchester...

When Kenny Daglish met with Liverpool's owners they told him they wanted him to put himself in the fan's shoes.

Which is why he's now unemployed.

I can think of about 5 MUFC fans I was out with last night, who would have enjoyed that! No names , no packdrill, you know who they are.

• RMweb Premium

My beloved Hammers back in the Premiership - woohoo! However, I think some strengthening of the squad is on order.......

Got to say, Blackpool were the better team for lengthy spells and were I a Blackpool fan, I'd be feeling pretty hard done by. Holloway gracious in defeat as ever, top bloke!

As for the barracking of young Tom Ince (one of the best players on the field IMHO), totally out of order. To get on his back for a silly mistake his dad Paul made all those years ago (and for which he later apologised) is quite unnecessary, and could have rebounded nastily on the Hammers, had he continued to play so well. A stupid grudge best forgotten now, it's just embarrassing.

• Like 2