RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

yet another defeat for the boys in blue 1 point  from the last 24   manager rowing with owners at side of the pitch and at press conference after cant see mr Dickov lasting much longer  oh well its only Liverpool in the cup on Sunday  watch us turn them over to prolong the agony of this season 

realy realy depressed Oldham fan 

PS well  done Bradford big up for the lower leagues 

yet another defeat for the boys in blue 1 point  from the last 24   manager rowing with owners at side of the pitch and at press conference after cant see mr Dickov lasting much longer  oh well its only Liverpool in the cup on Sunday  watch us turn them over to prolong the agony of this season 

realy realy depressed Oldham fan 

PS well  done Bradford big up for the lower leagues 

Yeah, all the best for Sunday............

Another sad story of talent gone to waste:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/15/michael-johnson-released-manchester-city

And, yes, I'm looking at you Lee Sharpe. I still wince at the memory of the three that he scored when United battered Arsenal 6-2 at Highbury in the League Cup. At least his career did get a bit further than Johnson's.

Proof that injuries aren't just about healing the body.

David

".....Once the subject of a £10m bid from Liverpool...." during King Kenny's last reign, that price for a donkey was par for the course !

From a club that paid £35million for a long lanky ponytail !

Brian R

Well done Bradford.

Fully deserved over the two legs.

I can see the majority of neutrals hoping that they win it now.

Did I read or hear somwhere that the Bradford City team cost a mere £7,500 to assemble?

They would almost certainly have almost total neutral support if they played the West London oligarchs in the Final, but that will require Chelsea to play rather better than they did in the first leg against Abertawe.

• RMweb Premium

I've just watched Algeria v Togo on ITV4 in the African Cup of Nations.

With 4.5 mins to go one of the goals was damaged and had to be replaced, which took at least 10 mins. However it seems that they added the stoppage on twice as the game finished at 20:16 kicking off at 18:00, that's 2 hours 16 mins for a 90 min game.

18:00 to 18:45 1st half plus some stoppages say 5 mins at most that's 18:50. It was probably more like 2 mins in actuality.

18:50 to 19:05 half-time break.

19:05 to 19:50 2nd half plus some stoppages again say 5 mins that's 19:55. (I've not added in the goal episode).

So it should finish at 19:55 max, (that's around the time all the other games I've seen have finished). But the game ended at 20:16! That's 20 mins over. The "official" stoppage time shown was 13 mins.

Assuming my maths are correct and the goal was broken with 4.5 actual playing time left, and they kicked off the second half at approx. 19:05 the time at stoppage would have been 19:45.5. Hope you are still with me, add on the 4.5 mins remaining and 5 mins for normal stoppages and the game should have ended at 5 to 8. 

What am I missing? If anything.

Rob 

Edited by mezzoman253

• RMweb Gold

As someone who was at the Sutton Utd - Coventry FA cup match in 89 .Can I raise a glass to Luton for finally erasing our record of being the last top flight team etc.At least we weren't at home Norwich. :no:

• Like 1

I've just watched Algeria v Togo ...

....2 hours 16 mins for a 90 min game.

18:00 to 18:45 1st half plus some stoppages say 5 mins at most that's 18:50. It was probably more like 2 mins in actuality.

18:50 to 19:05 half-time break.

19:05 to 19:50 2nd half plus some stoppages again say 5 mins that's 19:55. (I've not added in the goal episode).

So it should finish at 19:55 max, (that's around the time all the other games I've seen have finished). But the game ended at 20:16! That's 20 mins over. The "official" stoppage time shown was 13 mins......

What am I missing? If anything.

The presence of Fergie managing one of the teams? :lol:

• Like 2

well todays the day scousers at home 

comeing off an eightgame run with out  a win in the league 

captain and talisman away at the African cup of nations 

injurys to key midfielders 

manger under pressure 

teenager and misfiring ex nonleague striker 

big crowd + tv cameras 

dreading  a massive embarrassing defeat in front of the whole tv nation

so 3-0 to the tics then 

come on Oldham we can do it 

"oh when the buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues "

• Like 1

Good to see the plastic ****s out of it. Looking forward to a final that really pisses off Sky and the football money machine.

Presuming that piece of illiterate nonsense was aimed at Chelsea, could you give a hint as to what has been asterisked out? Your choice of apparent insult was so odd that I'm not sure whether I (as a half-hearted Chelsea fan) should be insulted or not. I'd be delighted if you would remove any uncertainty.

Many thanks!

• Like 3

well todays the day scousers at home 

comeing off an eightgame run with out  a win in the league 

captain and talisman away at the African cup of nations 

injurys to key midfielders 

manger under pressure 

teenager and misfiring ex nonleague striker 

big crowd + tv cameras 

dreading  a massive embarrassing defeat in front of the whole tv nation

so 3-0 to the tics then 

come on Oldham we can do it 

"oh when the buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues "

Indeed! Remeber 1990 and all that!

Wheres Peanuts when you want him.Well done Oldham ! :sungum:

He'll been at the match, or in the pub by now......

Oh well there's always the league for Liverpool to concentrate on now................ :no:

Ah well all that 'Fegie time' and they still couldn't manage an equaliser........

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done to all the Davids from a fan of one of the Goliaths. Good effort from Brighton - bad luck. Superb stuff from Luton and MK Dons - shame they didn't get more lucrative draws. Very well deserved victory for Oldham, bring on more Scousers, eh???? Finally Brentford - brilliant performance from them and their fans who cheered every tackle to the end. They worked so hard I never thought they would keep it up for 90 minutes. Well deserved replay - I feel like we got out of jail.

The magic of the cup is alive.

• Like 1

im here dont worry about me am absoloutly  bouncing not seen any off it yet as was stuck at a prior engagement but kept upto date by my darling daughter sill cant believe it yet roll on my sky+

yes bro i remember 1990 hopefully the old trafford season ticket holding ref wont miss our opener this time  

"this is how it feels to be Oldham this how it feels to stand tall this how it feels when your just having a ball "

im here dont worry about me am absoloutly  bouncing not seen any off it yet as was stuck at a prior engagement but kept upto date by my darling daughter sill cant believe it yet roll on my sky+

yes bro i remember 1990 hopefully the old trafford season ticket holding ref wont miss our opener this time  

"this is how it feels to be Oldham this how it feels to stand tall this how it feels when your just having a ball "

Pity you drew Everton, I was hoping for a trip to Ice Station Zebra......

I really enjoyed that 1990 semi and replay.........

Pity you drew Everton, I was hoping for a trip to Ice Station Zebra......

I really enjoyed that 1990 semi and replay.........

You weren't the only one! IIRC two sides who went at it from beginning to end. I still say, though, that if Rodger Palmer had just been a bit quicker to meet Ian Marshall's through ball in extra time......

You weren't the only one! IIRC two sides who went at it from beginning to end. I still say, though, that if Rodger Palmer had just been a bit quicker to meet Ian Marshall's through ball in extra time......

stop it bro lol

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh roger palmer !

think the old man would of rather enjoyed that hopefully hes giving shankley and paisley some stick up there 

Oh yes, Elland Road was a dream come true today !    Beccio ? Who he ?

Went with my offspring, Son a Leeds man like his Dad, and Daughter a Spurs fanatic....oh well, you can't please 'em all !

Mancs in the 5th round - that'll do nicely ! 

Incredibly unimaginative choice of televised  F.A. Cup matches on Saturday.

Surely no sane neutral football fan voluntarily wants to watch Stoke City's antidote to football  or Fulham, with their abysmal away record, participating in a game effectively over in first 3 minutes?

Sorry I forgot they were playing teams from Manchester but where's the F.A. Cup romance in that?

I have to admit Sunday was much more like it.

• Like 2

Incredibly unimaginative choice of televised  F.A. Cup matches on Saturday.

Surely no sane neutral football fan voluntarily wants to watch Stoke City's antidote to football  or Fulham, with their abysmal away record, participating in a game effectively over in first 3 minutes?

Sorry I forgot they were playing teams from Manchester but where's the F.A. Cup romance in that?

I have to admit Sunday was much more like it.

no doubt the red team from trafford will feature in one of the  games continuing there run of 40 televised  FA cup games did any one else notice that niether of the two lowest placed clubs featured as live game whilst we get to see manure  v fulham for the umpteenth time