Dapol open day

MichaelW

According to other forums/message boards, Dapol have politely asked that people do not post information from the Open Day until 12 noon on Sunday. Understandable really, I will be excited to see what we can look forward to though.

Tom N.

According to other forums/message boards, Dapol have politely asked that people do not post information from the Open Day until 12 noon on Sunday. Understandable really, I will be excited to see what we can look forward to though.

Tom N.

Hi Gang;

It all seems a little schoolboy-ish to keep secrets...

Never mind...as I am unable to go, being temporarily approx 3000 miles east of Chirk, I will wait for info tomorrow like a good lad!!

Later

STU in OAKN

http://stusphotos.fotopic.net

• RMweb Premium

Having looked at the catalogue the previously unannounced n gauge is

HST's

Pacers

Class 121 bubble cars (good for me this one)

153's - shown painted

Britannia's

LNER B1's

The Bubble Car is very welcome, and not completely unexpected - not sure whether "blue" means blue/grey or all-over blue, although I'd expect both liveries in the fullness of time. Wonder if they'll follow it up with a 122 (is it just the roof-mounted indicator boxes, or were they differences in the window patterns as well?)

Of course, I want the Nodding Donkey in the short-lived Cornish Railways chocolate and cream - I can see Kernow Models doing that one as a special commission.

Actually, this looks like a good year for me.. I can concentrate on the things I knew were coming without too much more tempting me away from the plan. 86's, 58's bullet train and maybe an HST. the 153 might tempt though for the branch line.

Hopefully, some of these won't be too long arriving now.. I thought 86's were due this year which would be nice biggrin.gif .

As to the coaches, I wonder if there's now a market to just produce blank bodyshells with transparent sides so that we can add whatever coaches we want using vinyl overlays, either from the established sources or for those of us lucky enough to have access to the equipment in house. Would make life much easier to order 7 or 8 coaches and then livery them up as required rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Gold

Good news about the Pacer, pity the original liveries aren't in the initial release (Provincial Blue, GMPTE Orange & Chocolate & Cream), but \i'm sure it will only be a matter of time.

Glad there isn't much more to tempt me, as I'm already planning to get the coal 58, rake of Silver Bullets, plus Farish Dutch 37, LL 47.

I'm sure I can squeeze in an NSE bubble car though.

Oh dear, looks like my wallet shall have to start bracing itself right about now.

I think I might just do a list!

Santa, please bring me:

• Class 153 Northern Rail livery (Powered and Unpowered)
  • Class 156 Northern Rail livery (Powered and Unpowered)
  • Class 67 EWS (Both new releases if possible :P)
  • Class 142 Northern Rail livery (possibly? :blink:)
  • 6-8 Light bars.

Ah well, I can but dream I suppose.

Tom N.

Looks like there's still going to be a long wait for the silver bullets then. Does anyone know if there will be one in ECC's blue livery?

The ECC blue ones were a different design to the 80-tonne wagon modelled by Dapol. They were of similar size and shape to the slightly larger 90-tonne bullets that ATM were originally planning to release, although there were significant detail differences.

HST's

Pacers

153's - shown painted

Britannia's

LNER B1's

Do we have actual dates for the Britannias and B1s? I only ask because I've got the Hornby magazine from last December that announced them... Oh, and the 153.

HST's

Pacers

153's - shown painted

Britannia's

LNER B1's

I'm pretty sure that the class 43 HST125, class 153s, Britannia and B1s (as well as the class 58s and 86s) were announced at last years open day (2008) and were part of the magnificent 7 (or was it 10) that were being worked on but no dates would be given until they decided to launch them. It looks like those listed in the brouchure are now planned/promised for next year (2010). And with the all new surprises being the class 121 and 142.

So presumably the rumours of a class 92 electric loco were just that. And nothing all new for the steamy fans?

G.

Archived