Hornby 2011

dibber25

• RMweb Premium

Not much longer folks, Just between me and you I reckon they will release something to do with railways, but I am not revealing my source. Hope everyone involved with RMweb in whatever capacity has a wonderful Christmas and New Year and we all look forward to another great year of model railways.:D And its my 400th posting

has anyone else mentioned the fact that Rail Express have already published what will be produced?! still will check at midnight to see the pictures!

Yes. First rule of fight club, don't talk about whats in REX.

• RMweb Premium

Well I must go to sleep now or Santa won't be visiting me, or the wife, or the kids!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the speculaion this year and I would like to see a Stroudley Gladstone, E1 or with minor mods a D1, an upgraded Terrier and possibly an E4.

Yes I model the LBSCR! But all (ish) available to scan and all lasted some time. The Atlantic will have to wait a bit longer for the chaps on the Bluebell!

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.

As they say on the USA threads 'Remember the reason for the Season!'

I shall look forward to the reveal when I get back from 9.30 morning mass.

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

So no real reason for any embargo.

"Staff training", if necessary, can be done before any embargo. And magazines can adjust their print runs to suit (or do Hornby think magazines are more important than their customers ?) - in addition, only one or two magazines are going to be the "lucky" ones to be printed near the announcemnt date.

The embargo is out-of-date, a relic of the pre-internet era. Hornby should try to keep up with the times.

Am I missing something ? But I feel the embargo is because of the internet era. Before the internet we waited for the catalogue or the magazine in February or March that contained the info.

This has been a great topic, amazing that everyone (well nearly everyone) has been so disciplined , its been fun to read and fantastic publicity for Hornby.

Froth thats what you get on a pint of Guiness,this has been intelligent , articulate informed discussion.

As we approach midnight I'll lock this topic off as the actual Announcement topic will take over; otherwise things may get too fragmented.

There will certainly be some bragging rights exercised in the new topic from some folk who contributed to this well conducted topic. laugh.gif

Guest Max Stafford

Aye. Christmas greetings from the 10th Legion, up here on The Wall.

For my money, two eastern types, one Southern or Western, and maybe, just maybe, something Scottish!

All the best!

Dave.

Well we blew past 800 posts with a big uptick today - hardly surprising really. The 16-day average is safely over 50 posts a day. This was clearly an interesting topic!

Embargoes are hardly caused by the internet age. They are an essential part of permitting a professional journalist to write a cogently edited story, which is something we don't see nearly enough of in the 24 hour 'news' cycle.

A side benefit in this case is all the additional excitement and interest that gets generated. The free publicity for Hornby is beneficial too. Many of us will make purchase decisions in about 15 minutes time. That's hardly bad for business!

Thank you Andy for remaining true to a spirit of integrity and professionalism.

I have enjoyed this thread enormously.

Merry Christmas all.

Although I shall be tuned in here as usual for the best presentation of the information we've all been waiting for, I'm sure I can't be the only one strangely mesmerised by the seconds ticking away on the countdown on the Hornby website! All despite the fact that I have my copy of Rail Express beside me anyway!

I should have been in bed an hour ago according to her indoors, and there's the sound of chains rattling down the hallway...... Shock-horror, its nearly midnight...:lol:

It's the ghost of I.K. Brunel with all those anchor chains from was it the "Great Western" or the "Great Eastern" in the famous photograph. See here.

Archived