RMweb

HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

Just happened across this thread when I was browsing for something else, and WOW, am I impressed!!! I've never been on the 'Hebridean Isles', but I'm a "fairly" regular traveller on the 'Isle of Mull', and you've certainly caught the character of the modern ferries.

I'm looking forward to pictures of 'Columba' when you get around to building her as she was the regular vessel on the Oban - Craignure run for many years and she grew on me after a period when going on family holidays to the Isle of Iona.

My real favourite would have to be 'King George V'; now there's an elegantly classic steamer. If only I had the space, but in 7mm scale....

Donald

Just happened across this thread when I was browsing for something else, and WOW, am I impressed!!! I've never been on the 'Hebridean Isles', but I'm a "fairly" regular traveller on the 'Isle of Mull', and you've certainly caught the character of the modern ferries.

I'm looking forward to pictures of 'Columba' when you get around to building her as she was the regular vessel on the Oban - Craignure run for many years and she grew on me after a period when going on family holidays to the Isle of Iona.

My real favourite would have to be 'King George V'; now there's an elegantly classic steamer. If only I had the space, but in 7mm scale....

Donald

Hi Donald

thanks and welcome!

Columba is a problem build! i can not get any good detailed pictures of her to do the model justice.

i have been busy on heb this week.

new pictures, sorry dave m8.

post-6809-12669711527_thumb.jpg

post-6809-126697119814_thumb.jpg

post-6809-126697122285_thumb.jpg

post-6809-126697124776_thumb.jpg

post-6809-126697131106_thumb.jpg

Hi Carl,

FlickR has about 25 photos of MV Columba plus more after the refit and rename

Thanks

Yes I have seen them m8, but they do not show the deck detail I would like.

Am not saying I canny build her, but she will only be 70% right and that’s just not me!smile.gif

Hi Carl,

Fabulous as ever. That 'y' in the lettering on the hull though doesn't seem right - shouldn't it be lower down - or have I missed something? It looks right in one of the earlier shots and then seems to have been moved up somehow??

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

• RMweb Premium

Hi Carl,

Fabulous as ever. That 'y' in the lettering on the hull though doesn't seem right - shouldn't it be lower down - or have I missed something? It looks right in one of the earlier shots and then seems to have been moved up somehow??

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Have a look here.

http://www.calmac.co...dean_isles.html

Hi Carl,

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave

no your right, the y is rong and i am going to redo it.tongue.gif

Now you're just showing off. wink.gif

Seriously though, Carl, that is one helluva boat. Just stunning. It just keeps getting better and better too. It's not fair, I want one!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Now you're just showing off. wink.gif

Seriously though, Carl, that is one helluva boat. Just stunning. It just keeps getting better and better too. It's not fair, I want one!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

hi dave

thanks m8

showing off!!!! Me Never.... well just this one time...lol

new pics after the new pictures..lol

post-6809-126763492079_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12676350222_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Carl, great video on youtube. Couldn't help but hear some cool tunes playing, a mix i've not heard before, any chance of letting me know what it is?

Be a shame when you've finished the build, its been enlightening, Whats next ??? I could do with a 1/76 HMS Ark Royal !!! Only joking well done.

Kind Regards Paul

hi paul

the mix is, The Cut Up Boys, Mash Up Mix 2008 CD2

I Have 2 more ferrys to build when Heb is done! MV Pioneer and MV Bute,

plus an unconfirmed model of SeaLink MV Caledonian Princess.

post-6809-126772809835_thumb.jpg